Football Chat

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Dudley

Football Chat

Post by Dudley » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:07 pm

My apologies, that was clearly not a penalty. You were screwed. In fact in general was that ref watching the same match we were?

At least, Man Utd is still behind eh? :)

And I'd be a lot happier if certain parties in blue shirts could stop being absolute twats whenever anything is remotely debatable, especially when we're clearly, against all possible odds, getting massively the balance of the decisions at Anfield.
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

Sureshot

Post by Sureshot » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:25 pm

I don't really have much sympathy. Observe:

Last week:
Gerrard was quick to play down Villa's protests over the decision to award the late foul.

He added: "These things happen in football and we felt we should have had some decisions earlier — but that's just football."
Click

This week:
Asked if his side deserved to win, Gerrard told Sky Sports 1: "I think so. I think a very, very unfair decision has got Chelsea a point today.
Click

Bloody hypocrite.

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:41 pm

Oh they're all as bad as each other, the Chelsea players both ways in just that match, even when they're almost being gifted the game.

But in that match, Liverpool got screwed. I'm sure there will be karmic payback which I'll be sure to complain about.

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:46 pm

I think it's very unfair to question plaers on match decisions immeadiatly after the final whistle. After playing 90 minutes , and in such a highly charged atmosphere , I would be surprised if many of us would be able to put forward a cohesive argument for what we've just taken part in , especially as the players haven't had any opportunity to see replays
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:49 pm

Well indeed, they have no more info, perhaps less than the ref had.

We have all the information and the ref at Anfield dropped the ball. Badly.

sleeper77

Post by sleeper77 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:43 pm

Although as a Liverpool supporter I was disappointed with the penalty decision, in general the ref was very poor & looked like he had no real control of the match when it mattered. The John Terry booking says it all. When the ref showed the same yellow card twice, Essien thought he got booked for the 2nd time and the air needed to be cleared with the fourth official so as to understand why Essien got the yellow card but not followed by a red. Incredible confusion which should not have happened for such a high tense game. My opinion is that the FA should get it right next time who to ref these big games, or they should train the referees better. Granted human error happens, but really it is embarrasing to have farcicle refereeing in the Premiership considered to be the best league & watched by millions around the world. A bad advert for English refs.

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:36 am

It is the worst penalty decision I have ever seen (maybe Cantona's penalty against Man City was worse, but certainly no other).

But...

Hey ho, that's life. I am just pleased we managed to perform against the title favourites. Looks promising for this season, particularly with Man U having a hard time.

James Bond

Post by James Bond » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:35 am

Have to agree Clive, I know it's crazy to write Manchester United off, but screw up against Spuds at the weekend, and it's going to be very hard for them. Who do you play next?

But in that match, Liverpool got screwed. I'm sure there will be karmic payback which I'll be sure to complain about.

Like scoring a goal in a Champions League semi Final that never crossed the line?
My HD DVD/Blu Ray Collection:

http://romeos.dvdaf.com/owned

Shin_Gouki

Post by Shin_Gouki » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:04 am

Go Gunners... :shock:
真・豪鬼

thl

Post by thl » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:24 am

I can't believe we didn't win that match. Very unlucky not to pick up all 3 points thanks to that ridiculous penalty decision. Lot of players got booked during that game too. Overall I'm not very impressed with the referee's performance.

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:00 am

James Bond wrote: Like scoring a goal in a Champions League semi Final that never crossed the line?
Good point.

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:02 am

:D

merman

Post by merman » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:43 am

thl wrote:I can't believe we didn't win that match. Very unlucky not to pick up all 3 points thanks to that ridiculous penalty decision. Lot of players got booked during that game too. Overall I'm not very impressed with the referee's performance.
Neither were the FA - Styles dropped from the list to referee a game next weekend...
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:11 pm

I'm more worried about England geting a right thumping on wednesday in our new ground by our old enemys..

I can't belive that the manager is such a week, useless censored.... People used to fear playing England, now they look foward to making us look stu-stu-stupid..

The quicker we get someone who has:
A.. Talent
B.. Balls
The better our squad will be.

He was no good under Sven, he was no good at 'boro and he is next to useless for England. He should have been on the phone to the club managers telling them (not asking, not sugesting but TELLING them) we are having the players we need and they are to be rested for the weekend. Poor Stevie G has a bad toe, GET OVER IT, if he can play for club he should be made to play for country.
NO IF's, NO BUT's..!!

And while I'm moaning and ranting, players shouldn't be allowed to retire from international dutys, if you get called you play.
If you retire from international football thats it, no more club football..

:evil:

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:25 pm

Yeah, that's what we need, international players deliberately playing badly to avoid being called up again.