Concert for Diana

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Bub&Bob

Concert for Diana

Post by Bub&Bob » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:47 am

Didn't watch much of it but what I did see it looked dull. Anyway, the small amount I did see had a classic.

That chap from Super Tramp finished wailing like a t*t to then anounce to the princess that they sure know how to throw a good birthday party!

And then went on to mention all of the good work that Diana does.

Did someone fail to mention something to him...............
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:37 am

That chap from Super Tramp finished wailing like a t*t to then anounce to the princess that they sure know how to throw a good birthday party!
What's wrong with this bit?
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:34 am

I thought it was a concert to mark the 10th Aniv of her death?
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:20 am

Watched last 15 mins, otherwise I wouldn't have known it would've been her birthday.
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:33 am

So it was her b'day - I'll shut my mouth then...Super Tramp rule!

Wildnites

Post by Wildnites » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:37 am

Bub&Bob wrote:So it was her b'day - I'll shut my mouth then...Super Tramp rule!
It may have been her Birthday yesterday, but I also thought it was to mark her death..... :oops:
Please Sir I cannot tell a lie......

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:41 am

Well what ever it was for the 15 mins I saw was bloody awful!!

As it was a kind of retro feel i'm surprised The Cars were not invited to play their most famous hit song.........

The Penultimate Ninja

Post by The Penultimate Ninja » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:18 am

I avoided all of it.

I was never that fond of her in life. All the adulation she recieved after her death (and still recieves), all the press coverage just bores the censored out of me.

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:33 pm

I find it ironic that the press generally seemed to slate her in the last years of her life , looking to uncover any affairs she had had or might be having. Then as soon as she died , they exhault her as a saint
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:36 pm

Bub&Bob wrote:Well what ever it was for the 15 mins I saw was bloody awful!!

As it was a kind of retro feel i'm surprised The Cars were not invited to play their most famous hit song.........
They may well have been, a lot of artists turned them down, partly for Geldof Wank being next weekend and partly because it was a self-evidently terrible idea.
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

necronom

Post by necronom » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:18 pm

Doesn't anyone like anything these days?

I liked it. Duran Duran were great, and it was quite good most of the time. I didn't like the rappers, and Ricky G was rubbish, but overall it was a success and the four people I've mentioned it to all liked it.

I'm starting to think no-one likes music here. First people are slating Glastonbury, now this. I suppose Live Earth will be rubbish too, before anyone even sees it. :roll:

Grahame

Post by Grahame » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:24 pm

necronom wrote:Doesn't anyone like anything these days?

I liked it. Duran Duran were great, and it was quite good most of the time. I didn't like the rappers, and Ricky G was rubbish, but overall it was a success and the four people I've mentioned it to all liked it.

I'm starting to think no-one likes music here. First people are slating Glastonbury, now this. I suppose Live Earth will be rubbish too, before anyone even sees it. :roll:
Glastonbury is crap though! I'm flying to Ireland for Oxegen on Thursday. Now thats a festival![/i]
I'd buy that for a dollar!

MC1

Post by MC1 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:31 pm

I thought Live Earth was rubbish.

andy vaisey

Post by andy vaisey » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:33 pm

necronom wrote:I'm starting to think no-one likes music here. First people are slating Glastonbury, now this...
I'm glad that these big concerts are happening again. There seemed to be any excuse in the '80's for a big ensemble concert (personally I'm a big fan of the Prince's Trust concerts). These one off concerts kind of died out in the '90's, other than Glastonbury, et al.

Ok, some of the acts I may not like, but I enjoy the occasion - cook a curry for later on, fill the fridge with beer and invite over a few friends! 8)

MC1

Post by MC1 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:37 pm

Glastonbury 2008 was crap as well.