Metal Detectors.

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

oldtimer

Re: Metal Detectors.

Post by oldtimer » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:58 am

rossi46 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:59 pm
@oldtimer: I'm thinking of getting either the Dr.OTek MT-XR or the Go-Find 22. Any thoughts?
Both good detectors , the Minelabs fine but tbh i would probably buy the Dr.Otek ,its got great reviews .
ATARI....There can be only one !!!!!!!

rossi46

Post by rossi46 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:31 am

Well, in the end I got a great deal on the Minelabs Go-Find 22 and also I chose that because it folds down very compactly for my job.

I hope I made the correct choice.
Thoughts and prayers.

TheAlex

Post by TheAlex » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:46 pm

rossi46 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:55 am
I've been researching intensively both in magazines and online. From what I can make out, the machine i was given is a kind of £50 toy-grade item. Its a no-name analog device. I'd have to upgrade considerably before joining a club, I reckon. It'd be like taking an AT Games Megadrive to a hardcore retro club.

I have my eye on something quality though.
It's interesting how something you were given for free is quickly escalating to expense! I bet a lot of favourite hobbies are formed that way.

I keep meaning to catch up on The Detectorists. I saw and enjoyed series 3. It has many similarities to Whitehouse and Mortimer Gone Fishing, which I enjoy despite disliking fishing on the two occasions in my lifetime I've been. Whitehouse and Mortimer have made fishing more appealing to me by showing it can be about catching up with friends and relaxation time.

oldtimer

Post by oldtimer » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:36 am

All this talk of the Detectorists series has spurred me on to watch it again ,they are all on BBC Iplayer at the moment.
ATARI....There can be only one !!!!!!!

rossi46

Post by rossi46 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:45 pm

I've watched all 3 seasons back to back twice now. I cant believe I missed it first time round. It has a bit of a Cockfields vibe.
Thoughts and prayers.