MMORPGs

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

francisbaud

MMORPGs

Post by francisbaud » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:14 pm

Are you guys playing MMORPGs? I'm following the development of a few of them, mostly Crowfall and Camelot Unchained. I like this kind of games because of the interactions between players and the strategy elements (sieges, caravans, city building, exploration, crafting, etc.)

SHaines

Re: MMORPGs

Post by SHaines » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:58 am

Hey there,

MMORPG have been my go-to games in the past. Many years ago I was heavily addicted to my guild in WoW, so I was playing around 18 hours a day back during the Burning Crusade expansion. Since then, I've had to keep a tight lid on those things, since I do tend to get carried away.

I loved the single player Neverwinter Knights RPGs when I was young, but I just have to be careful with the MMO part.

NorthWay

Post by NorthWay » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:17 pm

WoW Ascension. As if the WoW designers didn't take a wrong turn with the 4.x series but had some ...substances.. that widened their perspective. Still, I can find things to censored about, but I wont just yet.

francisbaud

Post by francisbaud » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:22 am

SHaines wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:58 am
Hey there,

MMORPG have been my go-to games in the past. Many years ago I was heavily addicted to my guild in WoW, so I was playing around 18 hours a day back during the Burning Crusade expansion. Since then, I've had to keep a tight lid on those things, since I do tend to get carried away.

I loved the single player Neverwinter Knights RPGs when I was young, but I just have to be careful with the MMO part.
I've also been pretty addicted to MMORPGs, fortunately I just played 2 months of WoW, so I was about to get caught in the whirlwind of addiction. MMORPGs may be the most addictive type of game... So immersive and so many things to do.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:31 pm

I play FFXIV super casually, and after trying other stuff that’s available on consoles (Tera, Black Desert) the difference in quality is absolutely shocking

Does EVE Online count as a MMO? I can’t play it, but the stories that revolve that game are fascinating

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:46 pm

Never really dont the MMORPG thing, seemed like a big waste of time
Tried EUO, a 8bit Ultima inspired one, till the owner decided to change things and it ruined my characters
PSO, it got boring with people wanting to constantly do the boss rush mode rather than run the areas