Coronavirus

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

DPrinny

Re: Coronavirus

Post by DPrinny » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:54 am

Its good to know that pubs that serve food are a Covid free zone, but ones that dont and cafes aren't
Picture related

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:59 am

merman wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:32 am
RetroBob wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:32 pm
It's only confusing if you want to be confused.
It’s confusing because they have changed so many of the rules - again.

You can sing outside but not inside unless you are a formal performer, in which case you have to socially distance.
Of course, they have to adapt to a changing situation based on new information/cases etc. If the rules didn't change we'd still be fulled locked down as in March. People are gonig to moan because they love a good moan.
Xbox Live: RetroBob

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:22 am

RetroBob wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:59 am
Of course, they have to adapt to a changing situation based on new information/cases etc. If the rules didn't change we'd still be fulled locked down as in March. People are gonig to moan because they love a good moan.
The situation is the same as when we started only now people that have been following these guidelines are getting fed up of them changing
IE still in the s**t with bellends that generally dont give a toss because somebody on Facebook said its not real and the "Nosers" yeah because the virus can only go in via the mouth and not the thing you are breathing through

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:31 am

No the situation is not the same at all: scientists and doctors/nurses know a lot more than we did in March and know how to better treat patients than they did; we are now going in to winter instead of out of it; we have mass testing available... I could go on.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:34 am

Hate it when people make it political. Whatever party is in charge they would have struggled, people have complained when things have been too strict, then you hear people moaning when they werent strict enough and if they had brought in lockdown earlier lots of lives would have been saved

Cant win either way. I personally think we're getting near the end, once vaccines are rolled out next year things should get easier. Crazy times we're in. Its like i'm so used to it now, i see a gig or a football match on TV and i see all the 1000's of people together and it looks strange !

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:31 am

psj3809 wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:34 am
Hate it when people make it political. Whatever party is in charge they would have struggled, people have complained when things have been too strict, then you hear people moaning when they werent strict enough and if they had brought in lockdown earlier lots of lives would have been saved
Agreed, that and the conspiracy crap... grow up.

merman

Post by merman » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:52 am

RetroBob wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:31 am
No the situation is not the same at all: scientists and doctors/nurses know a lot more than we did in March and know how to better treat patients than they did; we are now going in to winter instead of out of it; we have mass testing available... I could go on.
Which would be fine IF the politicians in charge of England were actually following the science.
They clearly aren’t, else we never would have paid people to eat out in August leading to a 17% increase in cases.

Just take church services as an example.
First lockdown: no church services
Relaxed restrictions: churches socially distanced
Tiers: no services in Tier 3, limited numbers in other tiers
Lockdown 2: no church services
New Tiers: churches open in all tiers socially distanced

That’s not based on any evidence, that’s tinkering.

And psj, of course it’s political.
The party in charge held a pandemic exercise in 2017 and failed to implement the recommendations, that means it cost an extra £10 billion to refill PPE stocks in April compared to 2019 prices. The party in charge implemented 10 years of NHS and public sector cuts, leaving hospitals and councils unable to cope (and severely hamstrung by small budgets). And the party in charge handed out key contracts to incompetent private firms like Serco that have failed repeatedly costI got more than they should. Oh, and that’s not to mention the unethical way many of those contracts have been handled breaking regulations.

Coronavirus is hurting the poor, the North and ethnic minorities harder. That’s political, and exacerbated by ten years of Tory rule.
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

ulrich7ad

Post by ulrich7ad » Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:29 pm

Lets not get political, you'll only get the thread locked.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:32 pm

merman wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:52 am
We all know that typing "Amen" and sharing that post on facebook helps cure such things.

Also praying helps a ton

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:21 pm

Don't forget the likes!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:42 pm

RetroBob wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:21 pm
Don't forget the likes!

Yeah they help a load

Crusty Starfish

Post by Crusty Starfish » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:45 pm

merman wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:52 am
RetroBob wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:31 am
Which would be fine IF the politicians in charge of England were actually following the science.
They clearly aren’t, else we never would have paid people to eat out in August leading to a 17% increase in cases.

That’s not based on any evidence, that’s tinkering.

And psj, of course it’s political.
The party in charge held a pandemic exercise in 2017 and failed to implement the recommendations, that means it cost an extra £10 billion to refill PPE stocks in April compared to 2019 prices. The party in charge implemented 10 years of NHS and public sector cuts, leaving hospitals and councils unable to cope (and severely hamstrung by small budgets). And the party in charge handed out key contracts to incompetent private firms like Serco that have failed repeatedly costI got more than they should. Oh, and that’s not to mention the unethical way many of those contracts have been handled breaking regulations.

Coronavirus is hurting the poor, the North and ethnic minorities harder. That’s political, and exacerbated by ten years of Tory rule.
Can I report this post because it's all political? It's against the AUP.................................................................... I mean, c'mon, I could now reply with you being a biased labour supporting anti-Tory Northerner trying to push his political beliefs on normal people. :D

merman

Post by merman » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:03 am

Where did I “push” my beliefs on anyone? Simply stating facts.

And the fact that Boris is now proposing restrictions end in February to appease Tory rebels shows how little he is following the science. I would be critical of any leader more interested in votes than health.
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:40 am

merman wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:03 am
Where did I “push” my beliefs on anyone? Simply stating facts.

And the fact that Boris is now proposing restrictions end in February to appease Tory rebels shows how little he is following the science. I would be critical of any leader more interested in votes than health.
If anything the whole problem lies in that people are ignoring facts for what can be purely seen as "Total bullshit", rather than spout what I have previously in this thread about "idiocy that makes me seem like a fusion of Hawking and Einstein" we can now have a 8pm Thursday "tuting" at the moronic masses

pratty

Post by pratty » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:24 pm

Have the scientists determined how much death is acceptable, to recommend a return to normality? Should they even be ones the decide this, assuming they could even agree?

I don't think "following the science", whatever that really means, should be the only consideration. It's difficult to say much else to follow that though without risk being banned for being political, however there has to be an end to this at some point. If the government restrictions end before some feel they should then those people can always self impose further restrictions on themselves.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823