DPrinny

Re: Coronavirus

Post by DPrinny » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:18 pm

Probably the worst time as scalpers will snap them all up

Again

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:02 am

Jobbies are neither washable or wearable ;)
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

ulrich7ad

Post by ulrich7ad » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:45 am

Can't wait to do a 14 hour shift wearing a mask whilst dealing with people who won't. I know it's a good thing but that doesn't make it less of a ball ache.

pratty

Post by pratty » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:27 am

So many questions about this.

What is the definition of a suitable face covering?
How will this be enforced? Are shops supposed to report every instance to the police, who then have to show up in person to arrest the maskless criminal?
Will the police and the courts have the resources to deal with this extra work.
When will this stop?

It will be an utter mess. Anybody who's worked in a service industry will know that there's no end of snowflakes with a reason why the rules and company policies shouldn't have to apply to them. Plus you'll get loads of complaining to the business' workers that they need to do something about somebody not following the rules, when apparently it's not there job to enforce it. You'll get customers complaining about staff not wearing masks while they have to, and so on. How is a shop cashier supposed to ID a person for an age restricted product if that person can't show their face to match their photo ID?
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

ulrich7ad

Post by ulrich7ad » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:31 am

My union has said we are not expected to enforce the rule but in practice I guess we will have to.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:03 am

pratty wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:27 am
So many questions about this.

What is the definition of a suitable face covering?
Our GLORIOUS LEADERS THAT CAN DO NO WRONG haven't put up a guidelines
How will this be enforced? Are shops supposed to report every instance to the police, who then have to show up in person to arrest the maskless criminal?
It wont, its all on the spot fines, good time to be a criminal
Will the police and the courts have the resources to deal with this extra work.
When will this stop?
See GLORIOUS LEADERS they did no wrong in cutting back on our police force
It will be an utter mess. Anybody who's worked in a service industry will know that there's no end of snowflakes with a reason why the rules and company policies shouldn't have to apply to them. Plus you'll get loads of complaining to the business' workers that they need to do something about somebody not following the rules, when apparently it's not there job to enforce it. You'll get customers complaining about staff not wearing masks while they have to, and so on. How is a shop cashier supposed to ID a person for an age restricted product if that person can't show their face to match their photo ID?
"I cant breath thought the mask"
"It fogs up my glasses" actually thats an legitimate reason, you can get some stuff that stops them from becoming fogged up, but not everybody will have it.

Expecting a lot of Karens and gammon's generally being d**kheads about it.

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:08 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:02 am
Jobbies are neither washable or wearable ;)
So thats why the Washing machine broke :shock:
Watching you sleep since 1990

sscott

Post by sscott » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:59 pm

17 weeks and 4 days inside from me as got consultant letter saying I had to shield a million years ago. Hope everybody well.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:58 pm

Actually reading the posts from these people on Twitter that are anti wearing a mask is funny.
They are like flat Earthers

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:22 pm

I have been getting one of my Facebook friends doing similar stuff, today was a rant about where places have gone temporarily cashless so it now means cash will cease to exist and the kiddywinks can't odd job for farmers for pocket money etc, usual level of Bowlarks.

It's not that life changing, hell half of them probably went through that stupid phase as yooves of keeping their faces covered with scarves etc to try and look Gangsta and it's literally for the duration of the time you are in the shop which most sane people don't spend long doing.

ulrich7ad

Post by ulrich7ad » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:29 am

So retail staff aren't required to wear masks. That wont be a problem, nope not at all😄

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:02 pm

Anybody want to film that bit from They live, but its more like "Put on the damn facemask"?

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:47 am

People that get paid cash in hand are getting screwed...........

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:32 pm

A comment was removed.
It spoiled the context.
WONT SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CONTEXT!!!

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:46 pm

Cash in hand doesn't nessarcerily stop because of cashless-ness, you just use a digital payment method the same way you'd lend a mate a fiver or tenner.
To the Goverment though it will always be a no no as it's undeclared earnings, they just wont generally go after small amounts as it's not worth it but don't expect them to help if theres an issue.

I'm hoping some level of normality becomes avalible dentistry and medical wise soon, pre lockdown I'd paid up and booked to get a fair bit of work done as 2 teeth are in a bad way after being exposed more when I had broken ones removed and pretty much all of my wisdom teeth are impacted and growing sideways, the lower left is so bad its pressuring the jaw (which isn't great as it was damaged when I was 11) and traps a lot of stuff which causes infections.
I'm also getting more problems related to the Tramadol now which is something I need to sort with the pain clinic but I won't go too much into here.