Coronavirus

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

RetroBob

Re: Coronavirus

Post by RetroBob » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:28 am

Prinny and I are both watching. I think we'd both rather trust people to discuss this topic sensibly but if it goes too far then we'll have to er... put it in to lockdown.
Xbox Live: RetroBob

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:57 am

Crusty Starfish wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:20 pm
DPrinny wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:44 am
Antiriad2097 wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:34 am
Awaiting instant permabans for breaching AUP. That's what happened last time, and this time it's even after the AUP was changed to include politics.
I should, but wont as its not relentless name calling its an actual debate that isn't spilling over into other threads. Like what other users did...............
Double standards - or no actual Mods on the forum?
We are monitoring, we are always watching (except when we are not).
Its not like we are having petty name calling. The banned ones are on that other place where they can argue the toss about what ever they want on other threads

ulrich7ad

Post by ulrich7ad » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:37 pm

Well the c has well and truly landed. Got seven staff on front end off due to track and trace. Three confirmed cases on ambient, two on meat and another on home. Its always going to spread easy in a supermarket, social distancing is a myth once your through the doors so a big outbreak was always going to happen. I expect more in the next week.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:09 am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55145696

The Gates mindreading solar 5G killer jab has been approved...............

(Seriously, the people that think its such a thing haven't got a mind worth reading)

It does seem like its being rushed out without extensive tests, maybe thats why they are starting with the old.........

merman

Post by merman » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:38 am

The Government, the Civil Service and the NHS hold Operation Cygnus.
This is an exercise to test readiness for a pandemic.

It exposes major faults and problems in the systems, including a failure to rotate PPE stock that could leave staff without protective equipment.

No lessons were learned, recommendations were ignored.
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:39 am

As always you're so one sided. Lets yet again not turn this into a Tories vs Labour battle as you're so blindingly one sided its ridiculous.

Most countries around the world weren't prepared for something of this magnitude despite how many exercises they had previously done. I doubt if any government in the world managed to get it right early on. So much for you and your 'last say' on the matter

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:42 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:34 am
Awaiting instant permabans for breaching AUP. That's what happened last time, and this time it's even after the AUP was changed to include politics.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=55341
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:47 pm

psj3809 wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:39 am
As always you're so one sided. Lets yet again not turn this into a Tories vs Labour battle as you're so blindingly one sided its ridiculous.

Most countries around the world weren't prepared for something of this magnitude despite how many exercises they had previously done. I doubt if any government in the world managed to get it right early on. So much for you and your 'last say' on the matter

Then why run the exercise? That fact is that the government that did, chose not to go ahead with the recommendations. The fact is it was a Conservative government.
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:23 pm

The governemnt did accept the findings from what I saw but folks, no more Labour vs Tory please - if you want to tear shreads of each other please go to Twitter. Please use this thread to discuss what's happening here and around the world and ideally to support each other!

Good news today that the MHRA has approved the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine for use :-)
Xbox Live: RetroBob

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:52 pm

Come on guys, the politics talk is getting close to the waving pointy sticks at each other phase, lets keep it civil.

Crusty Starfish

Post by Crusty Starfish » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:44 pm

Again, standards of doubleness. And Mr 'I'm staying out of this thread' comes back in with full on Labour love again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Could't make it up, could you :D

merman

Post by merman » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:48 am

WHERE IN THAT POST DOES IT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT LABOUR?

Go on, I’ll wait until you find it. Oh wait you can’t because I didn’t. Not one word about a political party is there? Read it again and again if you have to.

I came back to the thread because of notifications that people had quoted me.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:19 am

Errr okay...
merman wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:52 am
Which would be fine IF the politicians in charge of England were actually following the science.
They clearly aren’t, else we never would have paid people to eat out in August leading to a 17% increase in cases.

And psj, of course it’s political.

The party in charge held a pandemic exercise in 2017 and failed to implement the recommendations, that means it cost an extra £10 billion to refill PPE stocks in April compared to 2019 prices. The party in charge implemented 10 years of NHS and public sector cuts, leaving hospitals and councils unable to cope (and severely hamstrung by small budgets). And the party in charge handed out key contracts to incompetent private firms like Serco that have failed repeatedly costI got more than they should. Oh, and that’s not to mention the unethical way many of those contracts have been handled breaking regulations.

Coronavirus is hurting the poor, the North and ethnic minorities harder. That’s political, and exacerbated by ten years of Tory rule.

Not one word about a political party is there? Read it again and again if you have to.
Got a 'bit' political there unless you're pulling a jedi mind trick and moving your arm in front of me saying 'there is no political talk is there ?' Its like me saying i've never talked about iOS games ! Prove it i dare you prove it !! (Seconds later someone does)

Can we get back to talking of corona coughs, huge swabs up your nose to test for it and running out of toilet paper in supermarkets ?

merman

Post by merman » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:17 am

I posted about Operation Cygnus.

You said I was making it a political battle and being one-sided.

I posted again to say there was nothing about Labour IN THAT POST. As in, political parties.

Now you are referring to a different post. And I am back in the thread again.

You are the one constantly accusing me of something I am not doing.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:27 am

You are trying to win an argument on the internet.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.