Coronavirus

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Post Reply
User avatar
Crusty Starfish
Posts: 520
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:38 pm

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Crusty Starfish » Sun May 24, 2020 6:44 pm

The funny thing (although anyone getting the virus isn't funny) is loads of these lout idiots that are gathering in parks and beaches are big fat diabetic lard arses that fall right into the 'you could actually die if you get it' category.

Now, as for Mr Cummings, what on earth are people so upset about? People with the plague get in a car and drive 250 miles (self isolating) to self isolate. Yeah they drove that distance, but this is all being blown out of proportion. Get a bloody grip people. He's not the most likeable chap on the planet, but lets worry about the bigger picture here.

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24848
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: Coronavirus

Post by DPrinny » Mon May 25, 2020 6:50 am

It's more about that he broke the guidelines set in place, then we get the buffon ballon defending his actions.
Still a liar is something people wanted so thats what we got

But still. We are treading on thin water with this conversation

User avatar
merman
Posts: 6478
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:14 pm
Location: Skegness, UK
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus

Post by merman » Mon May 25, 2020 9:51 am

Crusty Starfish wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 6:44 pm
The funny thing (although anyone getting the virus isn't funny) is loads of these lout idiots that are gathering in parks and beaches are big fat diabetic lard arses that fall right into the 'you could actually die if you get it' category.

Now, as for Mr Cummings, what on earth are people so upset about? People with the plague get in a car and drive 250 miles (self isolating) to self isolate. Yeah they drove that distance, but this is all being blown out of proportion. Get a bloody grip people. He's not the most likeable chap on the planet, but lets worry about the bigger picture here.
Broke lockdown three times.
Claimed it was to get childcare for his son, when no-one else looked after the child.
They put the child at risk.
They put anyone they met on the journey at risk.

What's worse is the ministers being whipped to stand up for the hypocrite, and the Prime Minister claiming Cummings had "integrity".

The real problem is that people will use it to justify breaking lockdown, putting even more people at risk.
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

User avatar
Crusty Starfish
Posts: 520
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:38 pm

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Crusty Starfish » Mon May 25, 2020 9:12 pm

merman wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 9:51 am
Crusty Starfish wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 6:44 pm
The funny thing (although anyone getting the virus isn't funny) is loads of these lout idiots that are gathering in parks and beaches are big fat diabetic lard arses that fall right into the 'you could actually die if you get it' category.

Now, as for Mr Cummings, what on earth are people so upset about? People with the plague get in a car and drive 250 miles (self isolating) to self isolate. Yeah they drove that distance, but this is all being blown out of proportion. Get a bloody grip people. He's not the most likeable chap on the planet, but lets worry about the bigger picture here.
Broke lockdown three times.
Claimed it was to get childcare for his son, when no-one else looked after the child.
They put the child at risk.
They put anyone they met on the journey at risk.

What's worse is the ministers being whipped to stand up for the hypocrite, and the Prime Minister claiming Cummings had "integrity".

The real problem is that people will use it to justify breaking lockdown, putting even more people at risk.
Bah! It's just a load of hyped up twaddle. The guy is an idiot and should apologise, but sacking him isn't needed. So many people are offended so easily nowadays.
I loved the angry mob of reporters that swarmed around him at his house! Social distancing obviously doesn't count for reporters. Maybe if that lot caught it and were off sick for 14 days, the news would be worth watching for the first time since this pandemic hit the scene!

English Invader
Posts: 526
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:13 pm

Re: Coronavirus

Post by English Invader » Tue May 26, 2020 3:47 am

Few things make people angry more than hypocrisy when they're going through difficult times. It's like the government telling us that we can't drink alcohol and then have their ministers drinking from bottles of champagne at the daily briefings.

I would like to think that most people would do the mature thing and say "Two wrongs don't make a right. I'm not going to stoop to his level" but that's not how human nature works. People are like Lemmings; if you don't put a blocker down to stop them from going over the edge, they walk over the edge and die.

User avatar
merman
Posts: 6478
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:14 pm
Location: Skegness, UK
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus

Post by merman » Tue May 26, 2020 9:31 am

Crusty Starfish wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 9:12 pm
merman wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 9:51 am
Crusty Starfish wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 6:44 pm
The funny thing (although anyone getting the virus isn't funny) is loads of these lout idiots that are gathering in parks and beaches are big fat diabetic lard arses that fall right into the 'you could actually die if you get it' category.

Now, as for Mr Cummings, what on earth are people so upset about? People with the plague get in a car and drive 250 miles (self isolating) to self isolate. Yeah they drove that distance, but this is all being blown out of proportion. Get a bloody grip people. He's not the most likeable chap on the planet, but lets worry about the bigger picture here.
Broke lockdown three times.
Claimed it was to get childcare for his son, when no-one else looked after the child.
They put the child at risk.
They put anyone they met on the journey at risk.

What's worse is the ministers being whipped to stand up for the hypocrite, and the Prime Minister claiming Cummings had "integrity".

The real problem is that people will use it to justify breaking lockdown, putting even more people at risk.
Bah! It's just a load of hyped up twaddle. The guy is an idiot and should apologise, but sacking him isn't needed. So many people are offended so easily nowadays.
I loved the angry mob of reporters that swarmed around him at his house! Social distancing obviously doesn't count for reporters. Maybe if that lot caught it and were off sick for 14 days, the news would be worth watching for the first time since this pandemic hit the scene!
Cummings didn't apologise and shows no regret.
He did not have exceptional circumstances, he just took it upon himself to drive his ill wife and child across the country - then went for a drive with impaired eyesight, with his wife and child in the car.

And if it's hyped up why has a Tory minister just resigned?

I take offence at what Cummings has done because of everyone I know obeying lockdown.
Even if that means we can't go and help my sick aunt recovering from cancer treatment, or my wife recovering in hospital 75 miles away after major surgery.

People ARE offended because it's one rule for us, one rule for the Prime Minister's main adviser who helped draw up the rules.
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

User avatar
jdanddiet
Posts: 9021
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:03 am
Location: Essex
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus

Post by jdanddiet » Tue May 26, 2020 3:13 pm

It's the lying and covering up that makes it worse. You get done for speeding, you get 3 points and £100 fine. You try and cover it up, say your passenger was driving, then you could end up in prison. The lack of shame, elitism and some sort of responsibility is what gets people annoyed.
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

User avatar
RetroBob
Posts: 3240
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:48 pm

Re: Coronavirus

Post by RetroBob » Tue May 26, 2020 6:28 pm

Crusty Starfish wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 6:44 pm
The funny thing (although anyone getting the virus isn't funny) is loads of these lout idiots that are gathering in parks and beaches are big fat diabetic lard arses that fall right into the 'you could actually die if you get it' category.

Now, as for Mr Cummings, what on earth are people so upset about? People with the plague get in a car and drive 250 miles (self isolating) to self isolate. Yeah they drove that distance, but this is all being blown out of proportion. Get a bloody grip people. He's not the most likeable chap on the planet, but lets worry about the bigger picture here.
Agreed, the press and Twitter want to get back at him for... other things.
Xbox Live: RetroBob

User avatar
Crusty Starfish
Posts: 520
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:38 pm

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Crusty Starfish » Tue May 26, 2020 9:28 pm

merman wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:31 am
Crusty Starfish wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 9:12 pm
merman wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 9:51 am


Broke lockdown three times.
Claimed it was to get childcare for his son, when no-one else looked after the child.
They put the child at risk.
They put anyone they met on the journey at risk.

What's worse is the ministers being whipped to stand up for the hypocrite, and the Prime Minister claiming Cummings had "integrity".

The real problem is that people will use it to justify breaking lockdown, putting even more people at risk.
Bah! It's just a load of hyped up twaddle. The guy is an idiot and should apologise, but sacking him isn't needed. So many people are offended so easily nowadays.
I loved the angry mob of reporters that swarmed around him at his house! Social distancing obviously doesn't count for reporters. Maybe if that lot caught it and were off sick for 14 days, the news would be worth watching for the first time since this pandemic hit the scene!
Cummings didn't apologise and shows no regret.
He did not have exceptional circumstances, he just took it upon himself to drive his ill wife and child across the country - then went for a drive with impaired eyesight, with his wife and child in the car.

And if it's hyped up why has a Tory minister just resigned?

I take offence at what Cummings has done because of everyone I know obeying lockdown.
Even if that means we can't go and help my sick aunt recovering from cancer treatment, or my wife recovering in hospital 75 miles away after major surgery.

People ARE offended because it's one rule for us, one rule for the Prime Minister's main adviser who helped draw up the rules.
If he broke the law, then get the police involved and fine him. It's hilarious that all of my Labour supporting facebook friends are out for his blood and shouting their mouths off, sending links to petitions and demanding Boris resign too (well surprise surprise). That Tory MP from Scotland, well what a fool he has been! Gets into that position in a government with an 80 seat advantage and throws his dummy out of the pram due to 'all those angry constituents' with big mouths.

It's a witch hunt by a biassed media fuelling the flames to rile up the left. It's working at making noise but that's about it.

User avatar
Matt_B
Posts: 5447
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:30 am
Location: 5 minutes from the beach, 30 seconds from the pub

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Matt_B » Wed May 27, 2020 12:20 am

In deference to the forum rules I won't talk about Cummings.

Still, Wayne Rooney was caught breaking the lockdown laws a few weeks ago, and I'm terribly disappointed in him. As someone the public looks up to he should be setting a far better example. Indeed, if many people were to see his behaviour as acceptable, that could only lead to an increase in the spread of the virus at a time when the country is trying to open up from a strict lockdown. It's not like the guy is a leading scientist or doctor, I suppose, and you'd have to be out of your right mind to stick him on a panel of top advisors about such matters or anything like that. However, if he had been for some reason, I'd like to think that he'd have taken the opportunity to step down from such a role, rather like Doctor Catherine Calderwood and Professor Neil Ferguson did when they were similarly caught flouting the law.

However, it was good to see him make a public apology rather than waiting for his club to take disciplinary action against him. While a lesser man might have got Phillip Cocu to bluster out a pack of lies on his behalf and tried to tough it out, while getting all his fans to moan about there being a media witch hunt, I'm at least somewhat appreciative that he could stand up and take responsibility for his failure.

psj3809
Posts: 18866
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:28 am

Re: Coronavirus

Post by psj3809 » Wed May 27, 2020 3:58 am

Again the worst people in politics are the ones who are so one-sided (Sorry Merman but like you !). Theres been two Labour MP's who went against the rules, Kinnocks son who visited (from a distance) his mum and dad on Neil Kinnocks birthday. I wish i could do that to my poor mum who lives alone but due to the rules i couldnt. How come its okay for him ?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 01241.html
"Stephen Kinnock

The MP for Aberavon in South Wales was publicly shamed by police after travelling to London to celebrate his father’s birthday. After Mr Kinnock posted a photo on Twitter of himself practising social distancing with his parents outside their home, South Wales Police replied: “We know celebrating your Dad’s birthday is a lovely thing to do, however this is not essential travel. We all have our part to play in this, we urge you to comply wit"

So @Merman ? What about Kinoock then ? Good/bad ? Oh as hes Labour i'm sure you'll just ignore this then ?

Then that other Labour MP who went to a funeral, i've got a friend who wanted to go to a funeral to show his respects but couldnt due to the rules? The police werent too happy and seem far angrier than they were about Cummings, regarding the funeral 'Tahir Ali was also criticised as "totally irresponsible" by West Midlands Police and Crime Commissioner, David Jamieson.'

Tahir Ali
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-b ... m-52154327

Did you take offence at what those two did ? To me they all broke lockdown and are idiots, i'm not anti one party, its the same rules for everyone. However Labour fans dont seem to act like that at all

User avatar
Rory Milne
Posts: 419
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:49 am

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Rory Milne » Wed May 27, 2020 5:59 am

I often think that it's the case these days that public figures are treated like Marmite; you either love them or hate them. It used to be that most people couldn't care less about celebrities, and if I'm honest I don't think that was necessarily a bad thing.

I remember being told about Speaker's Corner as a kid, where angry individuals would stand on soap boxes and rant about current affairs. If I'd been told then that in the future we'd all be doing that on our computers and phones I wouldn't have believed it, but that's where we are. It's all a bit sad, really.

psj3809
Posts: 18866
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:28 am

Re: Coronavirus

Post by psj3809 » Wed May 27, 2020 6:10 am

Basically all MP's are as bad as each other, MP's from different parties have taken the mick with lockdown rules. But slate them all not just one from one party, criticize all of them or don't criticize any of them. Don't just single out one due your own biased political beliefs. Someones Facebook has 6+ posts about Boris or Cummings but amazingly nothing against other MP's (Labour) who have taken the mick out of lockdown. And i'm not biased, if a Tory person posted ONLY about Ali/Kinnock and not about Cummings they would be just as bad. These biased political people (Labour or Tory) are the worst and you cant take what they say seriously

Cummings was an idiot. Kinnock was wrong what he did, Ali could have infected loads of people and shouldnt have gone to the funeral. All are bad - but just check Facebook and the lefties are going crazy about of course just one of them

User avatar
Rory Milne
Posts: 419
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:49 am

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Rory Milne » Wed May 27, 2020 6:33 am

I know what you're saying, but I think he's just the rant of the week - it might be a TV presenter or fashion model next week. People just used to think: 'Meh,' and got on with something else, now we're all busy shouting on virtual soap boxes.

User avatar
merman
Posts: 6478
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:14 pm
Location: Skegness, UK
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus

Post by merman » Wed May 27, 2020 2:25 pm

psj3809 wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 6:10 am
Basically all MP's are as bad as each other, MP's from different parties have taken the mick with lockdown rules. But slate them all not just one from one party, criticize all of them or don't criticize any of them. Don't just single out one due your own biased political beliefs. Someones Facebook has 6+ posts about Boris or Cummings but amazingly nothing against other MP's (Labour) who have taken the mick out of lockdown. And i'm not biased, if a Tory person posted ONLY about Ali/Kinnock and not about Cummings they would be just as bad. These biased political people (Labour or Tory) are the worst and you cant take what they say seriously

Cummings was an idiot. Kinnock was wrong what he did, Ali could have infected loads of people and shouldnt have gone to the funeral. All are bad - but just check Facebook and the lefties are going crazy about of course just one of them
There is a key difference here. Kinnock and Ali both admitted they were wrong, apologised and the media moved on.

Cummings has shown no regret. In fact the Government is falling over itself to protect him, even if that means destroying public trust and reducing compliance in the lockdown.

Oh, and psj - it's beyond party political. When 40 Tory MPs are calling on Cummings to resign and the Daily Mail poll shows 56% of people think he should go, that's the will of the people...
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest