Craziness In the retro community

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

User avatar
Alex79uk2
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:19 pm
Location: Walsall, UK.
Contact:

Re: Craziness In the retro community

Post by Alex79uk2 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:29 am

What's this guy actually done? Because from the point of view of someone who doesn't know anything about it, it seems like years of a huge group of people ganging up on someone. I'm sure there's more to it than that, so has this guy gone out of his way to abuse and upset people, or just written some poor quality books and told a few lies?
Image

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24743
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: Craziness In the retro community

Post by DPrinny » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:29 am

Alex79uk2 wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:29 am
What's this guy actually done? Because from the point of view of someone who doesn't know anything about it, it seems like years of a huge group of people ganging up on someone. I'm sure there's more to it than that, so has this guy gone out of his way to abuse and upset people, or just written some poor quality books and told a few lies?
The video says it all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kTd3F0s8vs

User avatar
Alex79uk2
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:19 pm
Location: Walsall, UK.
Contact:

Re: Craziness In the retro community

Post by Alex79uk2 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:04 am

Hmm, yeah interesting. I dunno man, just seems like he's a bit of a sad bastard and probably best left ignored. Then on the other hand you have people saying he's gone out of his way to discredit other people so swings and roundabouts I guess. It's clear he had some sort of mental health issue or even an unhealthy dose of sociopathy, but also I think it's important to remember there is a human life behind all these actions and the guy probably needs some sort of professional help. Maybe it's the social worker in me, but it's concerning that someone would behave like this, not least of all because it paints a target on his own head. I can't believe it's been going on for over a decade. The guy is obviously some sort of fantasist, and probably thrives on the attention because like a child, even bad attention is better than none. I feel bad for him because although he's entirely brought it on himself, if he'd just been ignored or placated in the beginning he'd probably not have brought ten years of online warring in to his life.
Image

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24743
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: Craziness In the retro community

Post by DPrinny » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:09 am

We all have some kind of issue, why else would we be posting on a forum about things for our past that some of us can't let go of...........

User avatar
Alex79uk2
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:19 pm
Location: Walsall, UK.
Contact:

Re: Craziness In the retro community

Post by Alex79uk2 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:24 am

Well I don't know about you mate, but I see myself as quite up to date considering it's 1986.
Image

User avatar
Antiriad2097
Posts: 26809
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: http://s11.zetaboards.com/RetroLeague/
Contact:

Re: Craziness In the retro community

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:21 pm

Alex79uk2 wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:04 am
I feel bad for him because although he's entirely brought it on himself, if he'd just been ignored or placated in the beginning he'd probably not have brought ten years of online warring in to his life.
He was ignored and placated in the beginning, and many times afterwards, by many people, for more than a decade. That's the problem. Each time someone wrote him off and started ignoring him, he'd move onto the next and repeat the cycle. Because nobody knew what had gone before, new victims were easy to find and abuse. Now it's all out in the open, the scheming and manipulating and sheer nastiness behind a facade that appears slightly deluded and mostly harmless on the surface. Sadly, he can't see it himself, it's always someone else at fault.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

User avatar
Mayhem
Posts: 4741
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:05 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Craziness In the retro community

Post by Mayhem » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:47 pm

Yeah, Kieren is pretty much the Donald Trump of retrogaming... and yes, multiple people have repeatedly requested he gets some sort of help, which is ignored. The AtariAge says it all and more.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Image

User avatar
jdanddiet
Posts: 9015
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:03 am
Location: Essex
Contact:

Re: Craziness In the retro community

Post by jdanddiet » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:34 am

Alex79uk2 wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:24 am
Well I don't know about you mate, but I see myself as quite up to date considering it's 1986.
Got bad news for you fella, it's the 90s now
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

User avatar
David
Posts: 3865
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:05 am

Re: Craziness In the retro community

Post by David » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:40 am

I've missed all of this so have no idea what's going on but that "statement" is 50% cringe and 50% mental retardation

psj3809
Posts: 18844
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:28 am

Re: Craziness In the retro community

Post by psj3809 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:19 am

Try reading the 60 page thread about it all on Atari Age !

Theres some good stuff on there as you realise how many twitter accounts he uses which is utterly ridiculous. How many lies hes told and tried to play people against each other, all totally wrong.

Yet on the other hand the constant 'on page 30 of his A-Z book theres a full stop missing..' type comments are ridiculous. Point out huge lies hes created etc for sure, but all the petty nit picking about his books is a joke.

Met him once in person and he was a totally good bloke, think he should stay off the internet though ! Seems to be a whole different persona

User avatar
Antiriad2097
Posts: 26809
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: http://s11.zetaboards.com/RetroLeague/
Contact:

Re: Craziness In the retro community

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:03 am

psj3809 wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:19 am
the constant 'on page 30 of his A-Z book theres a full stop missing..' type comments are ridiculous. Point out huge lies hes created etc for sure, but all the petty nit picking about his books is a joke.
Yes and no.

The important things to take from the discussion are knowledge of the misdeeds and his behaviour patterns in doing so.

That said, one of his actions is to denigrate the work of others to boost his own profile and perceived worth. His work is so easily picked apart for errors in spelling, grammar and the most basic facts, it highlights that this really isn't warranted and no faith can be put in any article he writes. It stands as a warning regarding the quality of his work should anyone in future consider tolerating his behaviour for the sake of content.
psj3809 wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:19 am
Met him once in person and he was a totally good bloke, think he should stay off the internet though ! Seems to be a whole different persona
And again, this is one of his defining behaviours. Nice as ninepence to your face, but who knows what he's been up to behind your back. It's one of his typical behaviours and the root of much of the problems, seemingly being nice on the surface while at the same time actively trying to disrupt your relations with others and undermine your confidence and/or work. You give him far too much credit.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

psj3809
Posts: 18844
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:28 am

Re: Craziness In the retro community

Post by psj3809 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:08 am

Yeah true i get your point, i suppose he did videos where he nitpicked other peoples work, second its his work he doesnt like it.

I dont mean to give him credit, hes totally screwed up this time and no excuses will get him out of it now. He had a chance to perhaps apologise but instead he released that ridiculous PDF of excuses. He never admits his mistakes.

In the past theres been some crazy retro goings on but this is probably one of the biggest. Only positive is lots of people who thought the other person was slating them etc realise thats not true and are now friends.

Silly silly bloke

User avatar
Crusty Starfish
Posts: 511
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:38 pm

Re: Craziness In the retro community

Post by Crusty Starfish » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:20 am

Absolutely! The guy is completely untrustworthy.
The fact people pick up on his spelling, grammar and non-facts are a big part of showing who he really is. He has a history of nitpicking other peoples mistakes (and even picks fault with his own facts that later prove incorrect).
He is tainted beyond repair now and like you said, he had his chance to say sorry but instead threw out that ridiculous PDF 'proving' his innocence. So this taint he carries will ensure that any future company, web site, forum or person employing or enlisting his help will do more damage than good to its self.

RG made the right move binning him off before this all erupted.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests