Why is Tails hated so much?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

rayzor06

Why is Tails hated so much?

Post by rayzor06 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:19 am

I read a lot of hater comments about him... Why is he so hated there? Same goes for one of the editors of the site...

RetroBob

Re: Why is Tails hated so much?

Post by RetroBob » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:35 pm

Tails is Sonic's friend... maybe people are jealous.
Xbox Live: RetroBob

Crusty Starfish

Post by Crusty Starfish » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:43 pm

Hold on,that's worded like 2 questions? Why is Tails hated so much and why is one of the editors of the site? :D

In answer to the 1st - Tails is great!

NickThorpe

Post by NickThorpe » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:59 pm

There are many, varied reasons why people don't like Tails, some of which are more valid than others.

In the Sonic games, Tails can cause problems during single-player games where he's able to tag along. Most memorably, he quite often runs into bombs in Sonic 2's special stages, but he can also interfere in boss fights. In the 3D games, Tails is saddled with relatively uninteresting play styles. In Sonic Adventure, his racing stages are largely unchanged from Sonic's, and in Sonic Adventure 2 his shooting stages are largely a slower rehash of E-102's stages from the first game.

As a character, Tails has often been portrayed as being a bit whiny and weak. This varies a lot - Sonic The Comic often saw Sonic treat him as an annoyance (although it's fair to say that Sonic was spectacularly rude), and some of the cartoons cast him as an "annoying little brother" type, but this wasn't so much the case in the games. However, some of his voice lines in the early 3D games were pretty cringeworthy. This has improved a lot in recent years thanks to some improved writing, as his intelligence has been emphasised and he gets to verbally spar with Sonic a little more.

Then there's the meta aspect - what Tails represents for the series. There's a widespread view that Sonic is a series with too many characters, many of whom don't add an awful lot of value to the series. While Tails is generally better developed and more interesting than most of them, he was also the first major character added to the series. As a result, some people see him as the start of a major problem for the Sonic series.

Personally I think Tails is just fine, and I'm never upset to see him in a Sonic game. But subjective opinions being what they are, you'll always find a hater.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:44 pm

I thought that Smarmy Bee (or whatever he was called) was more hated. In Sonic the Comic everybody hated that bee, at least Tails had his own comic strip.

The last sonic the comic I read Robotnik kills Tails it ends with Sonic calling Robotnik “a murderer”.
Last edited by Shinobi on Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Spector

Post by Spector » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:11 pm

Tails is seen as the Scrappy Doo of the series which is quite an insult when you think about it
The Retro Gaming Discord channel. Every Sunday from 9pm- click this link:
https://discordapp.com/invite/Tphe4UH

Don't be scared: join in the chat! :)

rayzor06

Post by rayzor06 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:50 pm

By twe way, I said one of the authors because there was a guy who wrote a very rude article about Tails... He said he was joking but it was so terrible and his action was so rude...

Nin10dofan

Post by Nin10dofan » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:34 am

I think it's cause tails cheats ! 🙈🙉🙊 ....i think

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:47 am

Im'a gonna sit right here