Pirates and Virtual PC

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

Sega2006

Pirates and Virtual PC

Post by Sega2006 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:25 pm

This stuff is giving me a mega headache now :evil:

Tried to get Mr Meiers Pirates working on the laptop and naturally like everything else it seems on Windows 10 it doesnt work but in this ones case it's even stranger than usual.

It'll do the Admin check thing and then nothing, no errors, no processes running and nothing even in the event logs.
I've searched google and everything points back to a steam thread that doesnt apply here, the overlay for steam causes an issue on 10 but as this is the Sold Out! release it lacks the offending file, Ive even tried added to to Steam to see if it'll triger something.
It is know to work on GOG although I don't know anyone with it to ask to look at their install folder and I'm praying it's not going to be a repeat of DK2 (I owe a big thanks to Uncle Ant for helping with that one) where I have to rebuy it as the coffers are empty until I get a verdict on ESA.

I did look at another alternitive given I know I had most of these working on windows 7, the humble virtual PC (although this will mean no Game pad unless I get a wired 360 one), the official Microsoft download is a dud though, it just errors when you try to open and thats after several goes at redownloading, all I want to do is whack an official copy of 7 Home premium in it and then hopefully get something running to occupy me a while as it seems I'm not getting fixed anytime soon.
Watching you sleep since 1990

Sega2006

Re: Pirates and Virtual PC

Post by Sega2006 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:55 am

Update, an old work friend gave me a reliable link so sorted the Virtual PC side
Watching you sleep since 1990