Ebay hacked advice

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

Sega2006

Ebay hacked advice

Post by Sega2006 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:55 am

Hopefully theres still some of the old guard around who've been using it longer than I have.

I logged into my ebay account after a hiatus from selling to find it locked (no emails sent to my email address from ebay to alert), I got it back open to find that the email and phone had been changed, unfortunatly only giving me the ending of both, email being a .ru domain and the mobile being 472 but still UK registered, addresses all remained the same as did the paypal.
I've gone through changing passwords and security questions, I've also tried to see if there was any activity but nothing shows (my last would've been back in March/April so further than the time limit), I tried to find live chat but it only seems to offer phone now which isnt good as it was 1:30am by time I'd sorted everything and my voicebox is damaged so I'm not the most coherrant at the best of times.

Should there be anything else I need to look at?

My laptops regularly checked and cleaned as due to my disability I tend to need a lot of things delivered now and I don't tend to use public networks as I'm usually housebound.
Watching you sleep since 1990

RetroBob

Re: Ebay hacked advice

Post by RetroBob » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:48 am

That's annoying. Looks like phone is your only option, you may need to have a friend call and explain most of it for you, and put you on the phone to confirm details. Sorry your voicebox is damaged.
Xbox Live: RetroBob

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:06 am

Somebody started using my account to buy stuff a year or so ago, thankfully i noticed and yes - I rang ebay and spoke to someone. In this day and age of electronic communication it was very strange calling someone to explain the problem!

Same thing happened with Netfilx last year - my password/log in and email all changed. I rang Netflix and spoke to "a foreign lady" (no idea where) and she sorted the problem.
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:55 pm

I've no problem talking to international centres, it was a big part of my IT job back before my voice went as we had server support out india and localised desks throughout europe and asia it's simply my voice fails after a couple of minutes and gets difficult to understand, my pain meds also cloud my brain a bit so I prefer live chat or email so I can read back and fully understand (Ebay did have this before as I got reported for selling Booze when selling a Gift set that had had the whiskey removed).

I'll see what I can do about someone making contact, in the mean time I'll monitor the account and search through to see if I can trigger an alternitive means.
Watching you sleep since 1990