Retro Gaming Chat on Discord - join in at 9pm every Sunday

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Djones73

Re: Retro Gaming Chat on Discord - join in at 9pm every Sunday

Post by Djones73 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:34 pm

I don't know what you mean. :lol: It was fun though. I try to get on more often but unfortunately work or family get in the way.
I am amazed at how the magazine has thousands of readers and yet the discord chat only has about 5 people in the chat every week.
It's such a shame.

Spector

Post by Spector » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:32 pm

It probably didn't help that we used to talk a lot about Jimmy Savile, but we've stopped that: now we only talk about him half the time :lol:
The Retro Gaming Discord channel. Every Sunday from 9pm- click this link:
https://discordapp.com/invite/Tphe4UH

Don't be scared: join in the chat! :)

Spector

Post by Spector » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:04 am

We actually had the legendary Markopoloman join us last week to help keep the conversation suitably right-wing, but we did talk about videogames too. And this Sunday we will do it again. Whether the chat is about the Commodore 64, Covid-19, Donald Trump, or -worst of all- the Amstrad, it doesn't matter. It's totally free and open for everyone. Even Darran Jones can turn up! Well, okay, maybe that's going a bit too far :lol: It starts at 9pm as always on a Sunday and you join by clicking the link in my signature. Hope to see you there! :)

Spector

Post by Spector » Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:15 am

Turn up tonight at 9pm if you like using the link in my sig. I'm devastated at the great President Trump being ousted, but I need to carry on, so the chatroom tonight is my way of coming to terms with this devastating loss. I feel like a child who went to bed on Xmas Eve 1990 expecting a Megadrive and waking up to find a GX4000 with Burnin Rubber at the bottom of the Christmas tree! It's terrible, really it is. We can talk about what makes him so great and why the election is a clear fraud by democrats. I hope to see you tonight from 9pm. Click that discord link and make retrogaming great again!!!!! :)

Spector

Post by Spector » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:58 am

Sscott arrived for the first time in a while, so it was good to have a laugh with him again, mostly about Donald Trump. Which makes a change because normally the jokes are all about Amstrad! He showed a photo from 2010 of a gaming event and there were some old faces in there. Antiriad was there too! Remember those times, eh? When you could go to an event and just walk in the door without fear of dying? That wasn't yesterday. But it was good fun last night anyhow and I hope next week is even half as good 😁

Spector

Post by Spector » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:34 am

And now another Sunday comes round after what has been an action packed news week. The story of the coronavirus vaccine has been the main revelation, but also the departure of Dominic Cummings and the death of the Yorkshire Ripper dominated the front pages. People forget just how much of an effect Peter Sutcliffe had on us all back then, especially Northern Britain. People are fascinated by his demise because he was a man devoid of any empathy or moral compass, a manipulative, twisted scumbag capable of evil on a regular basis who seemed to enjoy destroying people's lives. But enough about Dominic Cummings; Peter Sutcliffe was bad too.

So for that reason I am going to make this weekend's hot topic the following:

What is your favourite ultra-violent retro video game?

I personally am not hugely into the genre, but I would choose Target Renegade on the Spectrum. Being on an 8 bit, it wasn't too detailed to be brutal like Pitfighter for example, which I thought was totally over the top. But what is your choice? Join the Retro Chat from 9pm tonight using the link in my signature to let us know. Or you can talk about anything else you like - even Amstrad! I hope to see you then :)