im becoming my dad!!

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

pipoldchap

Post by pipoldchap » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:17 pm

My dad's been dead years... this could be a problem...
I WISH I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner...

revgiblet

Post by revgiblet » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:54 pm

Middle-age is having the choice between two temptations and choosing the one that gets you home earlier.
"He who lives only to benefit himself confers on the world a benefit when he dies."

Tertullian

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:04 am

revgiblet wrote:Middle-age is having the choice between two temptations and choosing the one that gets you home earlier.
Sound like one of those love is.... cartoons.
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:06 am

I have always vowed that when i get older i shall make sure i have no dodgy hairs sticking out from my nostrils or my ears. Also i shall make sure my eyebrows arent huge and going everywhere.

My wifes granddad went to get his hair done the other week, the guy asked him if he wanted his eyebrows doing or any other 'hair' on his face, he politely said no thanks but we were all sat there thinking pleaseee say yes !

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:26 am

psj3809 wrote:dodgy hairs sticking out from my nostrils
Why does that have to happen? I mean, why, honestly, what's the point?

I always sneeze. For every single one. Whenever I do it I end up looking a mess, my nose streaming snot and tears rolling down my face which is scarlet. And how does one tiny hair hurt so much?

My hairline is receding. Do you think they're just sinking down through my skull and this is the aftermath?
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

jimbobmitch

Post by jimbobmitch » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:17 am

I've come to terms with my becoming my father. :lol:

Not so bad, really, he's a top bloke generally and we play in a band together so he still rocks. I look like a younger version of him - glasses, paunch (damn the beer) and goofy grin. I'm just a bit taller and my hair is a different colour. :)

Mrs Jimbob takes great pleasure in telling me I have become my father. She shuts up pretty quickly when I tell her she's becoming her mother, though... :P

That said, despite many similarities we do differ politically and culturally - he never watches feature films, only seems to watch history documentaries on tv and reads the Telegraph :shock:

Amusingly, he's becoming increasingly technically inept as time goes on. Despite the fact that I've worked for years in the IP Networks industry he still bought broadband and a wireless router without talking to me and neither of them work properly! And yet he can resolder an entire amplifier circuit board. :roll:
Throwing a spanner in the works since '77.

Shin_Gouki

Post by Shin_Gouki » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:41 am

SirClive wrote:
Shin_Gouki wrote:I moan about stupid teenagers.

I too have taken a huge interest in gardening. My lawn and gardens are immaculate. I like it almost as much as Dad... the man should have been a greenskeeper... in fact I think Great Granddad actually was... anyway,

The car is also always clean.

I find myself confused with modern technology.

I only buy brand clothes if they're for special occasions.

I'd rather have go to work on the weekend than ever shop for clothes again.
Great, I must still be young then as I am the opposite for all of those except 1 and 4.
With the exception of (3) I'm not ashamed, I'd like to understand lots of computer stuff but when people try to talk to me about it, they more often than not bore the sh!t out of me!
真・豪鬼

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:06 am

There is a funny song realated to someone turning out like they're dad.
I beleive its called The Grouch and its by Greenday
Watching you sleep since 1990

Randall Flagg

Post by Randall Flagg » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:25 am

Sega2006 wrote:There is a funny song realated to someone turning out like they're dad.
I beleive its called The Grouch and its by Greenday
I .. love.. my..........SONY PLAYSTATION.... I .. love.. my..........SONY PLAYSTATION....Any ...one ...who.... doesnt.... love.....Sony..Playstation..is a bit odd.....
Retrotechy.
Zapp Brannigan Quote - You remind me of a younger me Fry, Not much younger mind, Perhaps even a little older... Image

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:26 am

Aim, Ready, FIRE!! Blast, I forgot to load the Gun.......
Watching you sleep since 1990

davrho

Post by davrho » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:51 pm

I have noticed in the pub i have moved to the other side of the bar. I sit and watch(ahem bet)the horse racing.
I also now have a hatred for boys between 15 and 25. I used to love the rogue stories now i think "little scumbags". Definitely one of da's traits

DanDare

Post by DanDare » Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:21 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:Wearing M& S jeans (ok, that's partly because I'm overweight and can't bear to spend more than a tenner on a 'temporary' pair).
I wear those jeans too - I do it because I don't like those stupid "the cat died, so half mast" pants that Burtons sell or the hipsers. I just want a normal pair of jeans!
Turning off lights in empty rooms. On eof my dads bugbears has now become my habit.
Saving energy and money = win; win.
Not liking my kids music. Seriously, have you heard modern 'R&B' (I use the term with some reserve) and that horrid hippity hop.
I love you for this. We live opposite a shop and we occasionally hear the car radios. It all sounds the same to me. Just really loud beats with no music or singing whatsover. It's rubbish!

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:25 pm

I hearby vow to be an Irisponsible Adult, to grow old Disgracefully and to always wear my hair long. I pledge to stay away from the shops Bargin bins for clothes and I will learn to ride a Motor cycle years before Im 30. With that assured I will be nothing like my Dad