F1 2018

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

Timothy Redux

F1 2018

Post by Timothy Redux » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:13 pm

Testing almost about to start. Probably another year of Merc dominance - but the Redbull, Renault, McLaren battle should be where the tight racing is.
The Artist Formerly Known as Timothy Lumsden...

Sephiroth81

Re: F1 2018

Post by Sephiroth81 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:14 pm

Timothy Redux wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:13 pm
Testing almost about to start. Probably another year of Merc dominance - but the Redbull, Renault, McLaren battle should be where the tight racing is.
Yeah, I'm quite excited about the Renault powered teams battle! In this era, the works team tends to have the advantage, but I think with the talent, budget, experience and superior driving abilities of both Red Bull and McLaren teams will be the leading two. Red Bull you'd think would have the edge with 2 great drivers, plus the Adrian Newey built chassis. Alonso could be back amongst it though if the McLaren package comes together well.

Renault shouldn't be entirely ruled out, but I think their drivers aren't quite in the same league (although Sainz Jr has potential), and their team budget is still quite some way off the "big 4" of Merc, Ferrari, RB and McLaren.

I wouldn't entirely write the year off with another Merc powerhouse. I'm sure Mercedes will be right up there, but they are not infallible! Ferrari and Vettel will be desperate to get ahead of them this year. I'm hoping if Ferrari are in top form, Kimi can finally put it together and show some of his form of the mid-2000s....I won't hold my breath though. He's so far been there to make Seb look good and not upset him.

Timothy Redux

Re: F1 2018

Post by Timothy Redux » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:44 am

Williams is a mystery. Their pay driver ethos is quite embarrassing for such a formerly great team.
The Artist Formerly Known as Timothy Lumsden...