HAPPY BIRTHDAY

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

Crusty Starfish

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Post by Crusty Starfish » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:44 pm

To
Havantgottaclue (42), samhain81 (32), Black Ridge (30)

3 long time members of the forum by the look of the joining dates and amount of posts! :wink:

Hope you all have a great day - even though you don't post here anymore :cry:

Crusty Starfish

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Post by Crusty Starfish » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:18 am

Obviously not very much liked forum members then!

dste

Post by dste » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:49 pm

They were/are liked, they just never post anymore.

Happy belated birthday to them all though.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

Havantgottaclue

Post by Havantgottaclue » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:01 pm

Thanks Crusty Starfish, it's only been 4 or so months since I peeled off another year! Amazing to see that the much more quiet RG forum of today still has that community spirit.

It's hard to believe I first signed on here 10 years ago, it was the first time I dipped my toe into any kind of internet social media. That was something of a risk for me, I thought I'd be swallowed whole by people vastly more clever and informed than me, but I had some great times here, and the thing about RG was that I met a lot of the people who I posted with here, and each and every one of them was an absolute pleasure to meet in person. People like Jason Kelk, who always loved talking about programming the 64, and I'd be fascinated by everything he wrote. Mark Ambrose, who ferried me and his friends to an RG expo many years ago with his MP3 player blaring out SID classics. Andrew Fisher, who had so much passion for the C64. Shuan Scott, the ever-affable Atari 8-bit lover (it's a great machine, goddamit). Ant/Dprinny and SirClive I've seen at events but never actually spoken to. MattB, who I've never met, is still posting and it's always a pleasure reading his knowledgeable posts.

Well, I suppose I will still check in on RG for the next 10 years, but who else will?
Soon you will have forgotten all things: soon all things will have forgotten you. (Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 7)

Crusty Starfish

Post by Crusty Starfish » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:43 pm

I might have 271 posts in 10 years! :lol: