Gameboys

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

Sega2006

Gameboys

Post by Sega2006 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:22 pm

A couple of weeks back I became redundant and have been taking a break for a while to fix my voice so I've been finding stuff to keep me occupied.

On fettleing with some Retro Game tat things I got the urge to drag out my 2 Gameboys that I had saved from a prior cull as they were Childhood ones, namely a DMG and SP and they were a little rough so I've been arranging to fix them up.

The SP is sort of in hand, I had planned to source a Nes edition to accompany it and clean up its blaze red case but being I have no first born to give I decided to buy a Nes reshell kit, I've ordered a Charger as the mains went walkabout but otherwise it seems to be OK albiet a bit of muck on the connectors.

Now to my poor mustard yellow house brick, I've had this since the early ninties courtesy of Santa when I was maybe 4 or 5, during that time it lost its original lens but soldiered on, eventually gaining a light grey lens and now the correct dark one however the screen is not unscathed.
The small scratch isnt too bad with the Lens over it however theres a couple of dead black pixel clumps, the bottom not so bad as the lens hides them however the smaller top one is a nusiance as it blocks the score on some stuff, it doesnt stop play though.
Cosmetics wise the printing has faded but otherwise its clean, no gouges or bad scratches.

Annoyingly I can't find restoration parts for the DMG, I can find lights to add to the screen and screens for the zero mod and GBA but not the trusty green and black LCD and no mention of anything for the decals, only replacement bodies which I'd rather not use as I'd like to keep it as original as possible for sentimental reasons so if anyone has details of a site with parts I'd be very thankful :D

So what ones have you lot got and have you modified them?
Watching you sleep since 1990

lupogtiboy

Re: Gameboys

Post by lupogtiboy » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

You could try this guy

https://www.deadpanrobot.co.uk/game-boy-dmg

He seems to have a lot of Gameboy spares and upgrades available
Its small, its fast, its just gone past! www.clublupo.co.uk

its not a proper job, and you can never go too far

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:15 pm

I did see his site but didnt seem to have screens, I'll try emailing him.
Watching you sleep since 1990

Tom_Baker

Post by Tom_Baker » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:43 pm

Are you Game boys ?