Save our forum!

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

User avatar
Shinobi
Posts: 7611
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:33 am
Location: The Pride Lands

Re: Save our forum!

Post by Shinobi » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:27 am

The Laird wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:18 pm
Shinobi wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:18 pm
Sephiroth81 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:23 am


You mean the far-right fascist group of retrocanteen?? Its like Skeletors lair "Snake Mountain" over there at times, but can be amusing :P
I spat my tea out laughing when I read that. I know Marko is Beast Man and Halcyon Daze is Trap Jaw but which member of the evil horde is Beany Baby?
It's funny, I don't remember Trap Jaw being an illiterate troll with the I.Q. of a breeze block.

But I guess that makes Seph He-Man :lol:
Lol the only other villains I could think of where Merman(already on this forum), Evil Lyn and Count Marzo who wants a better world for himself at the expense of everybody else. As for Skeletor I keep seeing the gifs off him but can’t work out who’s Camp enough on RC.

From that Description Halycon Daze is more like that Flying Red Wraith thing who trolls Man of Arms with his magic
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

User avatar
Sephiroth81
Posts: 4594
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:35 am

Re: Save our forum!

Post by Sephiroth81 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:29 am

The Laird wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:18 pm
Shinobi wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:18 pm
Sephiroth81 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:23 am


You mean the far-right fascist group of retrocanteen?? Its like Skeletors lair "Snake Mountain" over there at times, but can be amusing :P
I spat my tea out laughing when I read that. I know Marko is Beast Man and Halcyon Daze is Trap Jaw but which member of the evil horde is Beany Baby?
It's funny, I don't remember Trap Jaw being an illiterate troll with the I.Q. of a breeze block.

But I guess that makes Seph He-Man :lol:
Trap-Jaw WAS an imbecile though! Skeletor used to spend most episodes ridiculing his stupidity "you mental munching moron!".

Yeah, I'm not sure the He-Man analogy works overall though, as the villains are the best characters...annoyingly! Where as the good guys of Eternia (clearly SJW virtue signallers!) are led by The Burger King.

User avatar
Sephiroth81
Posts: 4594
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:35 am

Re: Save our forum!

Post by Sephiroth81 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:32 am

Shinobi wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:27 am
The Laird wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:18 pm
Shinobi wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:18 pm


I spat my tea out laughing when I read that. I know Marko is Beast Man and Halcyon Daze is Trap Jaw but which member of the evil horde is Beany Baby?
It's funny, I don't remember Trap Jaw being an illiterate troll with the I.Q. of a breeze block.

But I guess that makes Seph He-Man :lol:
Lol the only other villains I could think of where Merman(already on this forum), Evil Lyn and Count Marzo who wants a better world for himself at the expense of everybody else. As for Skeletor I keep seeing the gifs off him but can’t work out who’s Camp enough on RC.

From that Description Halycon Daze is more like that Flying Red Wraith thing who trolls Man of Arms with his magic
I suppose Skeletor could be Koops, but I find that would be far too flattering so I can't bring myself to commit to that one. Here is a great clip of Skeletors finest insults, its hilarious and it does seem most of koops posts are insults, so would work in that sense!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNz6eHfsESQ

User avatar
Shinobi
Posts: 7611
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:33 am
Location: The Pride Lands

Re: Save our forum!

Post by Shinobi » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:19 pm

Sephiroth81 wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:32 am
Shinobi wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:27 am
The Laird wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:18 pm


It's funny, I don't remember Trap Jaw being an illiterate troll with the I.Q. of a breeze block.

But I guess that makes Seph He-Man :lol:
Lol the only other villains I could think of where Merman(already on this forum), Evil Lyn and Count Marzo who wants a better world for himself at the expense of everybody else. As for Skeletor I keep seeing the gifs off him but can’t work out who’s Camp enough on RC.

From that Description Halycon Daze is more like that Flying Red Wraith thing who trolls Man of Arms with his magic
I suppose Skeletor could be Koops, but I find that would be far too flattering so I can't bring myself to commit to that one. Here is a great clip of Skeletors finest insults, its hilarious and it does seem most of koops posts are insults, so would work in that sense!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNz6eHfsESQ
I can imagine a scene in Snake Mountain

Beastman “God bless Mr Trump”

Skeletor “Oi Beasty you Big boob, stop being such a smarmy sock molesting badger smurph!”

Will give that Skeletor clip a watch now. Skeletor was always the best thing about He Man even though he walked like John Inmans trousers.
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

User avatar
Sephiroth81
Posts: 4594
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:35 am

Re: Save our forum!

Post by Sephiroth81 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:26 pm

Shinobi wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:19 pm

I can imagine a scene in Snake Mountain

Beastman “God bless Mr Trump”

Skeletor “Oi Beasty you Big boob, stop being such a smarmy sock molesting badger smurph!”

Will give that Skeletor clip a watch now. Skeletor was always the best thing about He Man even though he walked like John Inmans trousers.
"Skeletor to King Randor....Skeletor to King Randor....come in you royal boob!"

He was easily the best character, and agree his walking animation was also hilarious. He was a genius, but surprised he never figured out He-Man was Adam....I guess the cuprinol tan and added reverb to He-Mans voice (and a bold fearless green and orange panther instead of a cowardly green and orange panther) would have fooled the very best of us...

pratty
Posts: 5576
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: Save our forum!

Post by pratty » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:42 am

Sephiroth81 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:23 am
Shinobi wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:29 pm
I think a lot of old members joined another politically motivated gaming forum, which explains the downtime here
You mean the far-right fascist group of retrocanteen?? Its like Skeletors lair "Snake Mountain" over there at times, but can be amusing :P
Timothy, do not be put off joining Retro Canteen if you so choose by Seph's exaggerations.

I wouldn't say Retro Canteen is politically motivated, it is simply politically open. :shock: Nor is it "far-right fascist", there are plenty of left-leaning posters aswell, and when you're as far to left as Seph is anything centrist or beyond his scope of comprehension would appear 'far-right'.

It is very simple what happened here, political correctness killed the off topic section, several 'controversial' posters and the subjects of politics and religion were banned. Rather than talk games in one forum and talk actually important matters in another, many understandably decided to just leave altogether for Retro Canteen and probably social media also, and so the games discussion section also suffered as a result.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

User avatar
Sephiroth81
Posts: 4594
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:35 am

Re: Save our forum!

Post by Sephiroth81 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:29 am

pratty wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:42 am
Sephiroth81 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:23 am
Shinobi wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:29 pm
I think a lot of old members joined another politically motivated gaming forum, which explains the downtime here
You mean the far-right fascist group of retrocanteen?? Its like Skeletors lair "Snake Mountain" over there at times, but can be amusing :P
Timothy, do not be put off joining Retro Canteen if you so choose by Seph's exaggerations.

I wouldn't say Retro Canteen is politically motivated, it is simply politically open. :shock: Nor is it "far-right fascist", there are plenty of left-leaning posters aswell, and when you're as far to left as Seph is anything centrist or beyond his scope of comprehension would appear 'far-right'.

It is very simple what happened here, political correctness killed the off topic section, several 'controversial' posters and the subjects of politics and religion were banned. Rather than talk games in one forum and talk actually important matters in another, many understandably decided to just leave altogether for Retro Canteen and probably social media also, and so the games discussion section also suffered as a result.
I was mainly joking pratty (i assumed the skeletor references may have been enough to know I wasn't being entirely serious), and Timothy's already joined RC and I've welcomed him over there!

I'm not sure why you've not joined yourself. Political discussions pretty much have just picked up where they left on here, but it was better all being in one place (here), but I guess not everyone (Future plc in this case) wants a forum where members are personally attacking others based on their political or religious beliefs/positions. Being occasionally "robust" or dogmatic is one thing, but it can sometimes end up being a sewer at times (and occasionally is the case over at RC, but not always).

pratty
Posts: 5576
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: Save our forum!

Post by pratty » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:28 pm

Sephiroth81 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:29 am
pratty wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:42 am

Timothy, do not be put off joining Retro Canteen if you so choose by Seph's exaggerations.

I wouldn't say Retro Canteen is politically motivated, it is simply politically open. :shock: Nor is it "far-right fascist", there are plenty of left-leaning posters aswell, and when you're as far to left as Seph is anything centrist or beyond his scope of comprehension would appear 'far-right'.

It is very simple what happened here, political correctness killed the off topic section, several 'controversial' posters and the subjects of politics and religion were banned. Rather than talk games in one forum and talk actually important matters in another, many understandably decided to just leave altogether for Retro Canteen and probably social media also, and so the games discussion section also suffered as a result.
I was mainly joking pratty (i assumed the skeletor references may have been enough to know I wasn't being entirely serious), and Timothy's already joined RC and I've welcomed him over there!

I'm not sure why you've not joined yourself. Political discussions pretty much have just picked up where they left on here, but it was better all being in one place (here), but I guess not everyone (Future plc in this case) wants a forum where members are personally attacking others based on their political or religious beliefs/positions. Being occasionally "robust" or dogmatic is one thing, but it can sometimes end up being a sewer at times (and occasionally is the case over at RC, but not always).
Realistically I suspect I'd probably just post at RC if I joined. And I'm not one to leave here and remark how quiet it is.

What the effects of the bans suggest to me is that most people want open discussion. WW3 could break out or Jesus could return and get in a fist fight with the Pope and we'd be banned here for just mentioning it. This place is still perectly fine for games discussion and yet many of us dedicated gamers won't still won't stick around because they value the freedom to talk about anything so highly.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

User avatar
Shinobi
Posts: 7611
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:33 am
Location: The Pride Lands

Re: Save our forum!

Post by Shinobi » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:00 pm

pratty wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:28 pm
Sephiroth81 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:29 am
pratty wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:42 am

Timothy, do not be put off joining Retro Canteen if you so choose by Seph's exaggerations.

I wouldn't say Retro Canteen is politically motivated, it is simply politically open. :shock: Nor is it "far-right fascist", there are plenty of left-leaning posters aswell, and when you're as far to left as Seph is anything centrist or beyond his scope of comprehension would appear 'far-right'.

It is very simple what happened here, political correctness killed the off topic section, several 'controversial' posters and the subjects of politics and religion were banned. Rather than talk games in one forum and talk actually important matters in another, many understandably decided to just leave altogether for Retro Canteen and probably social media also, and so the games discussion section also suffered as a result.
I was mainly joking pratty (i assumed the skeletor references may have been enough to know I wasn't being entirely serious), and Timothy's already joined RC and I've welcomed him over there!

I'm not sure why you've not joined yourself. Political discussions pretty much have just picked up where they left on here, but it was better all being in one place (here), but I guess not everyone (Future plc in this case) wants a forum where members are personally attacking others based on their political or religious beliefs/positions. Being occasionally "robust" or dogmatic is one thing, but it can sometimes end up being a sewer at times (and occasionally is the case over at RC, but not always).
Realistically I suspect I'd probably just post at RC if I joined. And I'm not one to leave here and remark how quiet it is.

What the effects of the bans suggest to me is that most people want open discussion. WW3 could break out or Jesus could return and get in a fist fight with the Pope and we'd be banned here for just mentioning it. This place is still perectly fine for games discussion and yet many of us dedicated gamers won't still won't stick around because they value the freedom to talk about anything so highly.
The main problem I have with RC is all the politic threads in Off Topic and all the X Box one threads in the gaming forum which happen to be my least favorite subjects.. There is some good threads in the gaming forum but to many X Box One threads about digital download games and every other forum is pretty dead apart from Off Topic.. I could create some threads but they would get probably ignored for some twin stick shooter or Diablo clone on the X Box one
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

User avatar
Shinobi
Posts: 7611
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:33 am
Location: The Pride Lands

Re: Save our forum!

Post by Shinobi » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:39 pm

Sephiroth81 wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:26 pm
Shinobi wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:19 pm

I can imagine a scene in Snake Mountain

Beastman “God bless Mr Trump”

Skeletor “Oi Beasty you Big boob, stop being such a smarmy sock molesting badger smurph!”

Will give that Skeletor clip a watch now. Skeletor was always the best thing about He Man even though he walked like John Inmans trousers.
"Skeletor to King Randor....Skeletor to King Randor....come in you royal boob!"

He was easily the best character, and agree his walking animation was also hilarious. He was a genius, but surprised he never figured out He-Man was Adam....I guess the cuprinol tan and added reverb to He-Mans voice (and a bold fearless green and orange panther instead of a cowardly green and orange panther) would have fooled the very best of us...
There was anothor episode with Evil Seed (one of the villains who wasn’t a bumbling fool) and Skeletor kills him. A very funny Skeletor saying was “He Man these veins are bugging the big bone out of me)

There was anothor 2 part episode that scared me as a kid and He Man was forced to kill the villains. Lord Masque who actually had He Man beaten and a blue lady and they sealed her in a tomb as would have killed everyone on Eternia. Very strange due to the normal Camp Villians like Merman and Beastie.
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

User avatar
Sephiroth81
Posts: 4594
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:35 am

Re: Save our forum!

Post by Sephiroth81 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:21 am

Shinobi wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:39 pm

There was anothor episode with Evil Seed (one of the villains who wasn’t a bumbling fool) and Skeletor kills him. A very funny Skeletor saying was “He Man these veins are bugging the big bone out of me)

There was anothor 2 part episode that scared me as a kid and He Man was forced to kill the villains. Lord Masque who actually had He Man beaten and a blue lady and they sealed her in a tomb as would have killed everyone on Eternia. Very strange due to the normal Camp Villians like Merman and Beastie.
I'll have to look that one up on youtube (edit : just found evil seed, i'll watch it later today!), as I can't recall that Skeletor quote! I watched recently one where He-Man and Skeletor (sort of) team up against some powerful blob creature that comes from another dimension via a portal Skeletor created (but it turned against him of course!).Whats the name of the 2 parter, definitely want to see that as well and don't seem to remember it from your description.

I'm amused how this "save our forum" thread has now been hijacked by the evil forces of Skeletor.

User avatar
merman
Posts: 6497
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:14 pm
Location: Skegness, UK
Contact:

Re: Save our forum!

Post by merman » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:29 pm

I'm not a villain :P
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

User avatar
Crusty Starfish
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:38 pm

Re: Save our forum!

Post by Crusty Starfish » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:20 pm

merman wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:29 pm
I'm not a villain :P
Oh yes he is!

User avatar
Megamixer
Posts: 15002
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:18 am
Location: Staffs, UK

Re: Save our forum!

Post by Megamixer » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:04 pm

pratty wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:42 am
It is very simple what happened here, political correctness killed the off topic section, several 'controversial' posters and the subjects of politics and religion were banned. Rather than talk games in one forum and talk actually important matters in another, many understandably decided to just leave altogether for Retro Canteen and probably social media also, and so the games discussion section also suffered as a result.
It was exactly this.

I wasn't banned and I did say that I would never come back here so I guess by posting this, I am breaking my own promise! I tend to have a look at what's going on every few weeks or so and I have made a small handful of recent posts in the 3DS and Vita threads. There are still some great people here who didn't make the move to RC and that's completely their business/choice but I do obviously miss reading their posts.

RC isn't for everybody but I simply prefer the freedom over there and completely disagreed with the change in policy over here to the extent that I didn't want to be here anymore.

Still, it is definitely a massive shame because this was the forum that I have been on the longest and racked up so many posts.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

User avatar
Shinobi
Posts: 7611
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:33 am
Location: The Pride Lands

Re: Save our forum!

Post by Shinobi » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:07 pm

Sephiroth81 wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:21 am
Shinobi wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:39 pm

There was anothor episode with Evil Seed (one of the villains who wasn’t a bumbling fool) and Skeletor kills him. A very funny Skeletor saying was “He Man these veins are bugging the big bone out of me)

There was anothor 2 part episode that scared me as a kid and He Man was forced to kill the villains. Lord Masque who actually had He Man beaten and a blue lady and they sealed her in a tomb as would have killed everyone on Eternia. Very strange due to the normal Camp Villians like Merman and Beastie.
I'll have to look that one up on youtube (edit : just found evil seed, i'll watch it later today!), as I can't recall that Skeletor quote! I watched recently one where He-Man and Skeletor (sort of) team up against some powerful blob creature that comes from another dimension via a portal Skeletor created (but it turned against him of course!).Whats the name of the 2 parter, definitely want to see that as well and don't seem to remember it from your description.

I'm amused how this "save our forum" thread has now been hijacked by the evil forces of Skeletor.
I’ve probably spelt the title wrong but ‘House of Shokoti‘ parts 1 and 2. Shokoti turns up in part 2, she’s trapped in the Tomb in the desert as darkness (I think) limits her power. It’s been many years since I saw these 2 episodes I remember the only comedy was from Ram Man.

Shokoti and Evil Seed stayed in my memory and one when Skeletor becomes a giant. And one when Skeletor adopts 2 kids and this cute space dog he Carry’s around.

I was reading some He Man comics I found last night. Are you familiar with somebody called King Hiss? He kills King Randor and wears Randors skin like Buffalo Bill. Looking him up he has a vintage figure skinny guy who’s skin comes away to reveal snakes. Suprised Mattel would use somebody like Hiss. But then again the annuals which came with the figures where incredibly dark
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests