7%
no(other reasons)
4%

Total votes: 28

DPrinny

Re: do you ever go to the cinema?

Post by DPrinny » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:13 am

the problem I have with watching at home is distractions
At the cinema there is none besides other people, at home theres tons, most of the time when I have a film on I am doing something else

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:44 am

Probably once a week, I've got my unlimited card, and couple that with the Meerkat Movies and it's pretty good value for money.

sscott

Post by sscott » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:49 am

Once a month on average. The odd movie with the kids and the usual superhero and star wars event movies.

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:43 pm

i only go once or twice a year but would love go more
This guy are sick

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:50 pm

Used to go 3 times a week when I was with the woman these days once in a blue moon just for Star Wars and Marvel.. This year I've seen Ghost in a Shell and Wonder Woman with my friend Bill.. I hate the new rule where they tell you where to sit with a vengeance
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:23 pm

Shinobi wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:50 pm
Used to go 3 times a week when I was with the woman these days once in a blue moon just for Star Wars and Marvel.. This year I've seen Ghost in a Shell and Wonder Woman with my friend Bill.. I hate the new rule where they tell you where to sit with a vengeance
Thatd be fun to enforce if theres about 10 people in the screening

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:41 pm

DPrinny wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:23 pm
Shinobi wrote:
They don't enforce it! They tell me where I have to sit until I explained my situation and she turned the screen around so I could see the seating.. Anyway some kids where sat in our seats when we went in.. I liked the old free for all or me and the girlfriend having the cinema to our-self in the day.. The new cinema in the town centre is always busy.. I remember when we saw Force Unleashed everybody in the cinema was in full Stormtrooper regalia or Kylo Ren masks felt out of place

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:07 pm

Shinobi wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:41 pm
DPrinny wrote:
Shinobi wrote:
They don't enforce it! They tell me where I have to sit until I explained my situation and she turned the screen around so I could see the seating.. Anyway some kids where sat in our seats when we went in.. I liked the old free for all or me and the girlfriend having the cinema to our-self in the day.. The new cinema in the town centre is always busy.. I remember when we saw Force Unleashed everybody in the cinema was in full Stormtrooper regalia or Kylo Ren masks felt out of place
reminds me of that time I went to the cinema to see Blood the last Vampire (LA) (I think, it was a few years ago)
I was sat waiting for it to start, no one else in
A family comes in and sit a few rows behind
Naturally its a nosy family
Film trailers start
They are still being loud
The film title card comes up
they get up and leave

Whole screen to my self

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:10 pm

DPrinny wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:07 pm
Shinobi wrote:
DPrinny wrote:

reminds me of that time I went to the cinema to see Blood the last Vampire (LA) (I think, it was a few years ago)
Film trailers start
they get up and leave

Whole screen to my self
why did they bother going? I went to see mama mia and when one of male lead said b#llocks a woman told her husband to take the kids home show that people dont get 12a still mean 12 and over adviced but under 12s with parent at parent discretion i belive the 12a became a thing due to kids not beinh able to watch spiderman
This guy are sick

ALK Temp

Post by ALK Temp » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:49 am

DPrinny wrote:
Shinobi wrote:
DPrinny wrote:

Film trailers start
they get up and leave

Whole screen to my self
Sounds like 1 screening I went to. Halloween II, just me and 2 old ladies in the front row. First murder, they leave. Cinema all to myself. :lol:

Heck, one afternoon I treated myself to a 3D Imax screening of Amazing Spiderman 2. No one but me there to watch it like my own private cinema. :lol: Though it was awkward the staff member waiting for me to leave as I stayed through the credits incase of a post credit scene. :lol:

dste

Post by dste » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:03 am

Myself and a mate always go and see the Marvel films at the cinema, it's our thing now. We also go and see the SW films though he may have to pay for Han Solo as I really don't care to watch it.

Apart from that we choose a couple of blockbusters to see every year such as the Mission Impossible films. Went to see Alien: Covenant as it was a mates birthday and he wanted to see it for his birthday.

Possibly going to take the daughter to see Lego Batman this weekend for the cheap kids screening. When myself and my mate go to the cinema we always go on the cheap Tuesday where it's about £4 per person, wouldn't pay full price these days unless a special occasion.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

dste

Post by dste » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:05 am

ALK Temp wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:49 am
Sounds like 1 screening I went to. Halloween II, just me and 2 old ladies in the front row. First murder, they leave. Cinema all to myself. :lol:
Myself and O/H went many years ago to see the John Cuscak film ID. Only two people there an just as the film was about to start a lone guy comes in and sits on a seat directly behind us.

In an empty cinema...!
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:59 am

Hellraiser 3 was my empty cinema experience. My cousin and I were both out of work (albeit briefly), so we took advantage of a cheap afternoon showing. I think there were about 2 other people there, it was great. Meant we could laugh outrageously at the ridiculousness onscreen without really worrying about upsetting anyone round us.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:25 pm

I don't go as often as I like so I tend to make an outing of it when I do, I've been to a couple of special ones including GoG 1 on a special preview before the rest of the UK saw it (they littrally wanted to see your phone and it was missing the end credit scene as wasnt fully put together).

These days its just down to time more than anything, stuff goes out of the good screens before I can get there or time slots just dont line up with my schedule.
Watching you sleep since 1990

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:46 pm

DPrinny wrote:
Film trailers start
they get up and leave

Whole screen to my self
Reminds me some noisy chav group and eventually some guy gets up and decks the wannabe hard man(as he was hard up for brains). Hard man runs out crying and chavs start pelting this guy and his girlfriend with food. Ushers come in and boot the chavs out.

The other time was Haunting of Emily Rose on the cheap day at night. And the thickest most dopey sounding chav giving running commentary. I'd runs if I saw her". "She's putting the shits up me, I'm censored myself already" 1:30 of some chavvy scrote talking non stop