Dominik "games guru of the 90's" Diamond Is the tops

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

User avatar
Megamixer
Posts: 14890
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:18 am
Location: Staffs, UK

Re: Welcome back lord off topic & the Prinny God

Post by Megamixer » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:33 pm

sscott wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:59 pm
Just read AUP and I guesd is now very clear though
Except people have been banned for things which were added to the AUP after what they'd supposedly "done".
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

User avatar
Tom_Baker
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:23 pm

Re: Welcome back lord off topic & the Prinny God

Post by Tom_Baker » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:28 am

Megamixer wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:33 pm
sscott wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:59 pm
Just read AUP and I guesd is now very clear though
Except people have been banned for things which were added to the AUP after what they'd supposedly "done".
This new retro forum hasn't actually covered itself in glory either. Previously it remained off limits to me requiring registration to view the forums, though I was able to view these forums 'unregistered' today. For a forum that admonished this site for locking threads ,they also seemed to lock a lot of threads. The busiest forum off topic consisted of mostly arguments involving the same four posters nobody has brought anything new or interesting to that site and don't appear to be there to discuss Retro.. The most prolific poster was some troll whose avatar was the scribbles of Charles M. Schulz . Most of the threads involved smacking woman in the chops or being Ginger, whats wrong with being Ginger unless your my assistant Bonnie Langford. When Bonnie said " i'll scream and scream" I wanted to give her five across the eyes and say "bog off you ginger git" "Or was that Just William"?

After I read the comments about Prinny my face was crumpled into a expression of enragement, and I lost the will to read any more. Well, I certainly have no desire to register to such a site after Prinny was so shoddily treated.

Surely both sites could exist side by side we both share a common interest so Look, Judah is the ROYAL tribe and like Retro gaming all its descendants I hold dear. They are special and I want their affection too. If we, as gentiles, love the Jews then a very great blessing will be upon us! The favour they have been conferred will embrace us too!
"Me" you ask "I'm a contradiction in sperms." Having both gentile and Jewish genes in me. Happy days to you!
Image

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24355
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: Welcome back lord off topic & the Prinny God

Post by DPrinny » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:17 am

Tom_Baker wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:28 am

After I read the comments about Prinny my face was crumpled into a expression of enragement, and I lost the will to read any more. Well, I certainly have no desire to register to such a site after Prinny was so shoddily treated.
Was only one or two, or three people, I just used the report function at all flammatory off topic comments

Then the ignore if they became personal

Thats one thing that needs fixing about this forum,
Make the ignore function easier to use for those that cant figure it out

flatapex
Posts: 2700
Joined: Sat May 04, 2013 6:30 pm
Contact:

Re: Welcome back lord off topic & the Prinny God

Post by flatapex » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:44 pm

Tom_Baker wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:28 am
Megamixer wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:33 pm
sscott wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:59 pm
Just read AUP and I guesd is now very clear though
Except people have been banned for things which were added to the AUP after what they'd supposedly "done".
This new retro forum hasn't actually covered itself in glory either. Previously it remained off limits to me requiring registration to view the forums, though I was able to view these forums 'unregistered' today. For a forum that admonished this site for locking threads ,they also seemed to lock a lot of threads. The busiest forum off topic consisted of mostly arguments involving the same four posters nobody has brought anything new or interesting to that site and don't appear to be there to discuss Retro.. The most prolific poster was some troll whose avatar was the scribbles of Charles M. Schulz . Most of the threads involved smacking woman in the chops or being Ginger, whats wrong with being Ginger unless your my assistant Bonnie Langford. When Bonnie said " i'll scream and scream" I wanted to give her five across the eyes and say "bog off you ginger git" "Or was that Just William"?

After I read the comments about Prinny my face was crumpled into a expression of enragement, and I lost the will to read any more. Well, I certainly have no desire to register to such a site after Prinny was so shoddily treated.

Surely both sites could exist side by side we both share a common interest so Look, Judah is the ROYAL tribe and like Retro gaming all its descendants I hold dear. They are special and I want their affection too. If we, as gentiles, love the Jews then a very great blessing will be upon us! The favour they have been conferred will embrace us too!
"Me" you ask "I'm a contradiction in sperms." Having both gentile and Jewish genes in me. Happy days to you!
The unregistered viewing was a technical hitch, as was pointed out, discussed and the fix communicated.

A lot of regulars had very positive things to say about prinny, myself included.

We are still finding our feet but maybe if people have us a chance and here's an idea- report any issues to staff, we could have a nice forum, rather than throw the work people have done in their face because of someone else's view that isn't agreed with. Threads are only locked by me, any issues pm me

Nice to see all the hard work the 3 of us did and continue to do is appreciated
Image

User avatar
Shinobi
Posts: 7522
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:33 am
Location: The Pride Lands

Re: Welcome back lord off topic & the Prinny God

Post by Shinobi » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:34 pm

Andy I'd like to add I've met DPrinny on several occasions and he's a very cool guy and one of the nicest people you could meet sat speaking with him in the Plays office.. Hopefully we will finally get to meet in Play at the same time and in the same place this year.. I was speaking to Ryan last night and he was mortified that anybody would say that about Prinny..

Prinny hope this goes to show you are liked and respected both myself and others.

Flatapax I think keeping the peace is a largely thankless situation for you, torn between the devil and the deep blue sea who ever's side you take, the other party feels they are being unfairly treated. I thought the forum was your that there was 3 people involved, who may I ask not Sub Zero?

There's a lot I like about your forum such as Koops usual comedy gold posts and putting smarmy sock molesting pedants in they're places; the gaming forum and all new niceness thread, as well as some brilliant Members such as Rich, Ironmaidenrules, Aztecca, Hot Rod whom I've enjoyed talking to either via pm and the forum. The negatives outweigh the positives for me so far, and all the arguments here just carried on your place.

I'm not registered to your forum as Shinobi or any other pseudoderm as certain people who don't know me a register with you as Retro Gamer is just the far friendlier forum! I hope

peace and love and that hippy stuff
Last edited by Shinobi on Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

flatapex
Posts: 2700
Joined: Sat May 04, 2013 6:30 pm
Contact:

Re: Welcome back lord off topic & the Prinny God

Post by flatapex » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:33 pm

Shinobi wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:34 pm
Andy I'd like to add I've met DPrinny on several occasions and he's a very cool guy and one of the nicest people you could meet sat speaking with him in the Plays office.. Hopefully we will finally get to meet in Play at the same time and in the same place this year.. I was speaking to Ryan last night and he was mortified that anybody would say that about Prinny..

Prinny hope this goes to show you are liked and respected both myself and others.

Flatapax I think keeping the peace is a largely thankless situation for you, torn between the devil and the deep blue sea who ever's side you take, the other party feels they are being unfairly treated or moderated. You have a wonderful open mind set that gives others freedom, don't take sides and try to strike a balance to keep everybody happy. I thought the forum was your brainchild, I never knew that there was 3 people involved, who may I ask not Sub Zero?

There's a lot I like about your forum such as Koops usual comedy gold posts and putting smarmy sock molesting pedants in they're places; the gaming forum and all new niceness thread, as well as some brilliant Members such as Rich, Ironmaidenrules, Aztecca, Hot Rod whom I've enjoyed talking to either via pm and the forum. The negatives outweigh the positives for me so far, and all the arguments here just carried on your place.

Also Black Ridge, DPrinny, Shadowman, DTSE, SJ, Negative Creep, NGM, Pratty, Oldtimer, Trev (but not saw him online here for ages) only post here.. Another issue is most of the people who post on your forum I've never spoken to or have anything in common with.

I'm not registered to your forum as Shinobi or any other pseudoderm as certain people who don't know me are insinuating nor have I come there anonymously to spy on other members. I have no intention to register with you as Retro Gamer is just the far friendlier forum! I hope that you can change my mind:)

peace and love and that hippy stuff
Hi mate, the three of us are me, marko and thingonaspring (our tech expert). I am the first to admit the forum has a long way to go to get to where I want it to be, but rome was not built in a day.

I wouldnt believe anyone that says anyone is posting under a psydonim (sp?)
Image

User avatar
Sephiroth81
Posts: 4572
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:35 am

Re: Welcome back lord off topic & the Prinny God

Post by Sephiroth81 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:54 pm

Tom_Baker wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:28 am
The most prolific poster was some troll whose avatar was the scribbles of Charles M. Schulz .
HEY! That might be me?? :lol: I'm assuming you're referring to my avatar, with the snoopy-like character of Brian Griffin from Family Guy (who have also made jokes about the resemblance/rip off)

If this is to be the case, I would like to correct you and say I'm only the second most prolific poster on there with a mere 270 posts. Koops is up to a very impressive 590.

Retrocanteen has turned out so far to be quite a cool forum though in addition to RG here. Its got 65 forum members already, is pretty active, and hope more people can join, including yourself, Shinobi and many others from here and elsewhere. The more retro forums, the better for everyone! :mrgreen:

User avatar
Megamixer
Posts: 14890
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:18 am
Location: Staffs, UK

Re: Welcome back lord off topic & the Prinny God

Post by Megamixer » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:46 pm

Sephiroth81 wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:54 pm
Tom_Baker wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:28 am
The most prolific poster was some troll whose avatar was the scribbles of Charles M. Schulz .
HEY! That might be me?? :lol: I'm assuming you're referring to my avatar, with the snoopy-like character of Brian Griffin from Family Guy (who have also made jokes about the resemblance/rip off)

If this is to be the case, I would like to correct you and say I'm only the second most prolific poster on there with a mere 270 posts. Koops is up to a very impressive 590.

Retrocanteen has turned out so far to be quite a cool forum though in addition to RG here. Its got 65 forum members already, is pretty active, and hope more people can join, including yourself, Shinobi and many others from here and elsewhere. The more retro forums, the better for everyone! :mrgreen:
I notice you didn't contest the "troll" portion of Mr Baker's observations...

:P (of course!)
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

User avatar
Sephiroth81
Posts: 4572
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:35 am

Re: Welcome back lord off topic & the Prinny God

Post by Sephiroth81 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:39 pm

Megamixer wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:46 pm

I notice you didn't contest the "troll" portion of Mr Baker's observations...

:P (of course!)
We ALL have our trolling moments every now and then! :D

User avatar
Shinobi
Posts: 7522
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:33 am
Location: The Pride Lands

Re: Welcome back lord off topic & the Prinny God

Post by Shinobi » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:15 am

Sephiroth81 wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:54 pm
Tom_Baker wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:28 am
The most prolific poster was some troll whose avatar was the scribbles of Charles M. Schulz .
HEY! That might be me?? :lol: I'm assuming you're referring to my avatar, with the snoopy-like character of Brian Griffin from Family Guy (who have also made jokes about the resemblance/rip off)

If this is to be the case, I would like to correct you and say I'm only the second most prolific poster on there with a mere 270 posts. Koops is up to a very impressive 590.

Retrocanteen has turned out so far to be quite a cool forum though in addition to RG here. Its got 65 forum members already, is pretty active, and hope more people can join, including yourself, Shinobi and many others from here and elsewhere. The more retro forums, the better for everyone! :mrgreen:
Retro Gamer is more so repetition, I've been here so long it's engraved in me to come daily. There's only a handful of sites I visit and I don't deviate from them.

From an outsider looking in the Canteen looks poor, this isn't a slight on you, I Can't see a Members list (I assume registered members only)

Well I'm just off to read Sweeney Toddler which should give me a smile like Tom, but mine won't be as toothy or as wide as his. Will mull it over and think about joining later, I'l even say Seph talked me into joining :D

Like I say I'm not familiar with a lot of the faces over there such as your newest member s 2 headed Alien from Hitch Hikers guide or people I've never spoken to when they posted on RG.

If I do register I'd like to have a fresh start over there all previous disagreements in the past.

Honest question as a contributing member how friendly do you find them?

Well Seph talked me into joining and I'm happy to say it's an awesome forum so I happy that Seph converted to me to the dark side:). I'm sure both forums can exist side by side
Last edited by Shinobi on Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

User avatar
Sephiroth81
Posts: 4572
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:35 am

Re: Welcome back lord off topic & the Prinny God

Post by Sephiroth81 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:41 am

Shinobi wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:15 am

If I do register I'd like to have a fresh start over there all previous disagreements in the past.

Honest question as a contributing member how friendly do you find them?

Apologies about spelling I'm writing this on my phine
I find it pretty friendly, and have found in many ways it to be a fresh start with many people who I'd previously argued with on here. I think the whole "banned 6" injustice united many of us that may have bickered at times on here in the past. That is not to say its perfect, and people with different views/opinions on forums will always clash at times, but the atmosphere seems pretty good overall I'd say.

Even the arguments over politics have been more light hearted than normal, although that could be due to the total disarray in UK politics in general! But my gut feeling is that people are making more of an effort now to be more civilised. Bit of p*ss taking every now and then, but nothing out of control. Plenty of decent gaming discussions as well.

Its nice to have a choice of forums, and I'd like to see both RC and RG thrive, as its good for the retro gaming community.

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24355
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: Welcome back lord off topic & the Prinny God

Post by DPrinny » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:54 am

Comon guys, lets keep the retro gamer forum STRONG AND STABLE!!

User avatar
Shinobi
Posts: 7522
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:33 am
Location: The Pride Lands

Re: Welcome back lord off topic & the Prinny God

Post by Shinobi » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:03 am

Sephiroth81 wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:41 am
Shinobi wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:15 am

If I do register I'd like to have a fresh start over there all previous disagreements in the past.

Honest question as a contributing member how friendly do you find them?

Apologies about spelling I'm writing this on my phine
I find it pretty friendly, and have found in many ways it to be a fresh start with many people who I'd previously argued with on here. I think the whole "banned 6" injustice united many of us that may have bickered at times on here in the past. That is not to say its perfect, and people with different views/opinions on forums will always clash at times, but the atmosphere seems pretty good overall I'd say.

Even the arguments over politics have been more light hearted than normal, although that could be due to the total disarray in UK politics in general! But my gut feeling is that people are making more of an effort now to be more civilised. Bit of p*ss taking every now and then, but nothing out of control. Plenty of decent gaming discussions as well.

Its nice to have a choice of forums, and I'd like to see both RC and RG thrive, as its good for the retro gaming community.
Politic threads are what's putting me off as I feel any politic, religion or Supernatural threads or guaranteed to end in arguments. I avoid all news these days just watch the Beeb news and read Guidos site.. Just find all the papers are click bait depending on political preferences

Then the canteens unregistered users there was even two Seph's yourself and a unregistered Seph.

My last minor problem is posts that certain registered RG Members who aren't contributing are only there to spy on what people are saying about them. I personally prefer Darren's stricter approach but can understand why others don't like it. And there's more talk of games here and all the familiar faces

Regarding the 6 banned members I know Hot Rod, Marko and Halycondaze where banned never realised 6 people where banned.

DARRAN
I've deleted your comments about Clarance. No need for that crap on here thank you.
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

User avatar
Sephiroth81
Posts: 4572
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:35 am

Re: Welcome back lord off topic & the Prinny God

Post by Sephiroth81 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:27 am

Shinobi wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:03 am

Politic threads are what's putting me off as I feel any politic, religion or Supernatural threads or guaranteed to end in arguments. I avoid all news these days just watch the Beeb news and read Guidos site.. Just find all the papers are click bait depending on political preferences

I read some of the locked threads about Prinny and Clarence and violence. Clarence's favourite game is Punchy in C16 but he'd rather punch the baby then rock it, or what do you say to Clarence's wife when you see her in a retro event with 2 black eyes". Nothing as Clarence has told her twice already. That thread seems to have vanished as well.

Then the canteens unregistered users there was even two Seph's yourself and a unregistered Seph.

My last minor problem is posts that certain registered RG Members who aren't contributing are only there to spy on what people are saying about them. I personally prefer Darren's stricter approach but can understand why others don't like it. And there's more talk of games here and all the familiar faces

Regarding the 6 banned members I know Hot Rod, Marko and Halycondaze where banned never realised 6 people where banned.
Politics/religion threads are contained in the off topic section, and don't tend to spill over into the gaming sections which you'd definitely enjoy (they're pretty active at the moment)

Not sure about unregistered users. I've honestly only ever used my officially registered account, so someone was probably trying to stitch me up. I think the mods have sorted the whole unregistered user account issue now (so only registered users can post). What did the unregistered seph actually say?! :o

If people want to snoop over at the RC from here at RG, then they are free to do so, hopefully they will eventually contribute and realise its another good forum for retro game chat.

The 6 members if i recall were : necronom, pratty, rod, marko, beans and halcyondaze. Think Prattys ban was just a temp-ban though. The others were permanent, and they're all fairly active over at RC as a place of refuge!

User avatar
NickThorpe
Posts: 502
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:45 am
Location: Bournemouth
Contact:

Re: Welcome back lord off topic & the Prinny God

Post by NickThorpe » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:28 pm

Ever since Tom_Baker revived this thread, which was otherwise dormant, it has turned into an argument-baiting "let's moan about the other forum" game.

Everyone's free to choose whether or not they visit Retro Canteen. If you have problems with how things are run there, flatapex seems open to discussion and I would imagine that talking to him would be much more constructive than a public airing of dirty laundry in this topic.

In short: This isn't on. Stop it.
Image

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest