Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Antiriad2097

Re: Welcome back lord off topic & the Prinny God

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:32 pm

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:05 pm
flatapex wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:02 pm
banning people without telling them why.
This is actually my bad. I sent messages out to everyone involved and clearly didn't wait long enough for them to be read. I'm a magazine editor first and foremost and clearly not a super mod.
Also you're being a bit over-the-top with some of the claims you'I've made.
We had a super mod. You banned him.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:39 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:32 pm
flatapex wrote:
This is actually my bad. I sent messages out to everyone involved and clearly didn't wait long enough for them to be read. I'm a magazine editor first and foremost and clearly not a super mod.
We had a super mod. You banned him.
You're right. We did.

Sputryk

Post by Sputryk » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:13 pm

I'm in contact with Nec and Marko (and if they are where I think they are, the others too), so perhaps copy/paste the content of your Banned pm that was sent to them to me and I will pass on the info. At least we'll have a smidgen of redemption for them.

Given the level of response to the fallout, I do not expect any issues from any of them regarding disclosure to a.n.other. And I adhere to 'strictest confidence', 'DPA' and all that.
Last edited by Sputryk on Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:14 pm

flatapex wrote:
If anything I have said has crossed a line I hold my hands up and apologise, it is clear that this has been contentious and I don't think anyone can deny that.

There was a particular thread that I avoided, some may know why I chose to, I likely haven't seen the worst of what went on

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:18 pm

But banning people in accordance to new AUP amendments which came into effect after what they'd supposedly done? I would have thought it be better for all involved to just lock the offending threads, amend the AUP then state that anything deemed out-of-line going forward would be investigated and bans handed out etc.

Simply binning off a load of regular contributers is forum suicide. I mean, the likes of Pratty and Necronom? Really?

Can't help but feel that this is simply Future talking through the team and attempting to sanitise/streamline everything. Wouldn't be surprised if speaking out against the new overlords is the next thing to be banned with the offenders made to disappear in a good ol' autocratic, communist style.

I'm not even angry anymore; just very disappointed. You guys have always seemed like top blokes but now you're coming across as quite abrupt, cold and heavy-handed about everything.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:24 pm

Megamixer wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:18 pm

I'm not even angry anymore; just very disappointed. You guys have always seemed like top blokes but now you're coming across as quite abrupt, cold and heavy-handed about everything.
I'm sorry you feel that way, but the comments in the bombing/terrorist threads were completely out of order and A decision was made. A plc can't have Stuff like that on a public forum I'm afraid.

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:50 pm

Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:24 pm
Megamixer wrote:

I'm sorry you feel that way, but the comments in the bombing/terrorist threads were completely out of order and A decision was made. A plc can't have Stuff like that on a public forum I'm afraid.
That may go some way to explain why threads were locked and posts deleted, but I don't think it warrants permanent bans on valued contributors to this forum - it feels like a rash judgement. While I have had an uneasy relationship with some of the "banned" crew (so you can hardly accuse me of being overly biased in favour of them!), I do feel a sense of injustice over this (in relative terms of course - we all still live and breathe!).

Is there no way we can appeal to your better nature or come up with some sort of compromise? Permanent bans perhaps being reduced to a few weeks or even a month? If they mess up again after this, then deletion/bans would be a lot easier to accept.

There is a lot of resentment over this (within this small but devoted retro community), as you are surely well aware - both here and of course now spilling over on to other forums. I'm an idealist, hippy, liberal etc etc, and this whole saga feels just....wrong. :( Its like a big squabble between siblings.

OldLou

Post by OldLou » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:57 pm

Sephiroth81 wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:50 pm
I'm an idealist, hippy, liberal etc
Hi there.

Mens-Newbury-Tee-Peace-Bro_26776_3_lg.png
Mens-Newbury-Tee-Peace-Bro_26776_3_lg.png (427 KiB) Viewed 367 times

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:26 pm

Your all a load of left out on the side for a week Mr Brains pork faggots anyway...................................

(Vegan option pending)

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:10 am

Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:24 pm
Megamixer wrote:
That statement does rather suggest you were 'just following orders' instead of making the correct decision.
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:16 am

Yeah I'm off. It's difficult moderating but on the other hand both the controversial threads were allowed to be active when they could have been shut down asap which obviously looking back would have been good.

Still love the mag but just not happy why MPM was banned instantly. Over the years he's given a lot of free time to moderate here which is never an easy job. Deleted spammers, sorted out issues and wasn't ban happy. Did a great job. A warning maybe but an instant ban ?

I'm sure it's come from higher up but I don't want to be a part of that. If MPM is back I'm sure a fair few will come back

Bring back MPM ;)

Laters

sscott

Post by sscott » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:35 am

Well I'm still here. Only time I got in trouble was with Krusty way back. I'm older now and hopefully a bit wiser.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:53 am

Teacher's pet.

No, wait, that's just Teacher, isn't it...

It's not about the getting in trouble, it's about the poor decision making in deciding to permanently ban otherwise excellent community members. I'm still quite angry about it.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:01 pm

First off I don't know the circumstances and I'm not critiquing Darren or Nick but - I read the London Bombing thread after seeing it was locked and I can't understand what Marko said to get banned. It seems that whoever banned Marko is just an endgame to get RG closed.

I can just see anothor war starting between here and the other place. Several people have pm'ed me about joining up there but I have no intention of signing up there as most of the Members I want to speak to are on RG.

Few people I will miss Pratty, Megamixer and Rodimus but I'm in contact with them anyway. The other forum is mostly people I've never spoken to or never heard off maybe from Koops old forum which was before my time.

Darren I hope Future don't intend closing this forum
Last edited by Shinobi on Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

sscott

Post by sscott » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:59 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:53 am
Teacher's pet.

No, wait, that's just Teacher, isn't it...

It's not about the getting in trouble, it's about the poor decision making in deciding to permanently ban otherwise excellent community members. I'm still quite angry about it.
So Marko actually banned? Very surprised as he was a moderator. I am now worried what to post regarding this tbh. I don't know what has happened but surprised still. Just read AUP and I guesd is now very clear though