Twin Peaks returns on 22nd May

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Twin Peaks returns on 22nd May

Post by Katzkatz » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:11 pm

Anyone else looking forward to this? We're back to Twin Peaks and some "damn fine coffee"! Plus, it is now "25 years later". :lol: "It is happening again." - to quote the Giant.

Sky is showing it shortly after its transmission in the USA on Showtime network.

Hey - maybe we can now find out about : "How's Annie?" :wink: :lol:
Last edited by Katzkatz on Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

necronom

Re: Twin Peaks return on 22nd May

Post by necronom » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:54 pm

Yeah, I really liked Twin Peaks, and there was a game called Deadly Premonition, which I liked, which was like being in Twin Peaks.
The Retro Gaming League _ -= My YouTube Videos =-
The eighties aren't over. I'll say when the eighties are over. The eighties are never over! You don't just turn off the eighties! - Jack Howitzer, GTA V

Katzkatz

Re: Twin Peaks return on 22nd May

Post by Katzkatz » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:25 pm

necronom wrote:Yeah, I really liked Twin Peaks, and there was a game called Deadly Premonition, which I liked, which was like being in Twin Peaks.
There's also a level in Max Payne 2 which sort of spoofs Twin Peaks. It sort of feels similar to "The Black Lodge" :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2apt7RwhOMM

There's also another sort of similar thing in the original Max Payne. Take a look at the following :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C3_j9BLwdA

Another sort of "The Black Lodge" inspired theme.

shinymcshine

Re: Twin Peaks returns on 22nd May

Post by shinymcshine » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:50 am

Maybe we'll also find out "How's Audrey ?"

In anticipation of the new series I'm re-watching Series 2, and currently at the part when Windom Earl has arrived in Twin Peaks (S2, Ep 14 from 22).

Carrot007

Post by Carrot007 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:23 am

I am very excited!

Twin peaks is my favourite programme ever!

I thought Sky was showing it as it shows in the US. EG in the middle of the night with a repeat at a reosonable time the next day. If so good on them, I won't have to download it like with other shows!

Time to start watching the blurays of the original now!

gman72

Post by gman72 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:12 pm

Buzzing for this.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:40 pm

Alan Wake is another game that's very obviously inspired by Twin Peaks.

I'm not sure how the new series will go after quarter of a century on ice, but it'll be good to see David Lynch back in the director's chair. With unexplained gaps in the narrative something of a trademark of his, he's the sort of person who could pull this off.

shinymcshine

Post by shinymcshine » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:32 pm

I'm.led to believe that the video game "Virginia" has a Twin Peaks feel too, but I haven't the enthusiasm to continue after a very banal opening half hour

Deadly Premonition really is the closest game to nail the TP feel.

Katzkatz

Post by Katzkatz » Sun May 21, 2017 1:12 pm

BUMP! It finally starts tonight! Yeah. On Sky Atlantic - really late. Set your Sky boxes.

Also, as bit of a tie-in the BBC's This Week(political program with Andrew Neil and Micheal Portillo) did a spoof intro - there's Ed Balls dancing like "the man from another place" in it. Take a look at the following :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZQNU1mg9q8

necronom

Post by necronom » Mon May 22, 2017 4:25 pm

I've just watched the first two. I think it's safe to say that David Lynch is alive and well! It was as bonkers as ever. I liked it. You can tell it's been a few years since it was last on. People look a bit different now.
The Retro Gaming League _ -= My YouTube Videos =-
The eighties aren't over. I'll say when the eighties are over. The eighties are never over! You don't just turn off the eighties! - Jack Howitzer, GTA V

Katzkatz

Post by Katzkatz » Mon May 22, 2017 8:41 pm

necronom wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 4:25 pm
I've just watched the first two. I think it's safe to say that David Lynch is alive and well! It was as bonkers as ever. I liked it. You can tell it's been a few years since it was last on. People look a bit different now.
I'm planning on binge watching it. I wonder if this is going to finish the series off - or maybe they'll be another season?

In the meantime : "Let's rock!" :wink: :lol: :D

Katzkatz

Post by Katzkatz » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:09 pm

Just for some more Twin Peaks goodness, here's the late Barry Norman's review of Twin Peaks : Fire Walk With Me :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITmWBrMLR5w

Also, Twin Peaks : The Missing Pieces - which I think is the extra scenes from Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me is being shown at Prince Charles Cinema in London, in August. I think it's also on Blu Ray and DVD - I haven't seen it yet. I've heard it fills in more of the backstory.

There is also Mark Frost's recent book "The Secret History of Twin Peaks" - which was released recently. I hear that a lot of the ideas in that book are the inspiration for the current season.

I am saving the current season for a binge watch. In the meantime : "See you in 25 years time." "Sometimes I feel like Katzkatz, but my arms bend backwards.". :wink: :lol: