Serious operations or accidents you have had!

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:02 am

LMAO
Watching you sleep since 1990

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:08 am

I mean we laugh about that but damn if that happened to me i would obviously be well embarassed but i 'presume' in so much pain i wouldnt care so much.

The older i get i worry about any conditions i may get or that, i think when youre young you feel invincible but the older i get i do worry more !

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:13 am

When your young you worry what everyboy else thinks

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:52 am

Always thought it was the opposite. When you are young you dont give a monkeys what anyone else thinks hence people have stupid hairstyles, wear stupid clothes, into very weird music and other stuff.

One person at school was always this mr anti government, mr anti huge american monopolies etc and then when i see him hes working for a major american company in London ! I thought he was so anti all this sort of major commercial stuff but he sold out in the end !

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:56 am

You tend to not care what adults think but you tend to care what your mates and girls think

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:31 am

Elgin_McQueen wrote:
Dudley wrote:
Kaptain_Von wrote:Had a car accident back in the 80s followed by four weeks in a coma which kind of meant that I didn't feel too much pain from the fractured left arm, three broken ribs, right leg broken in three places and various cuts and abrasions. Apparently I was lucky to survive, unfortunately my then girlfriend didn't.

Was once carted off to hospital with a suspected broken rib after vacating a building through the window during a training exercise only to discover a fence in my flightpath. Bounced off the top of the fence, landed face down on concrete and landing on an MP5 between you and the concrete is ***** painful even if you are wearing body armour. I don't recommend it.

Last major stay in hospital was in 2000 after being diagnosed with a long term illness that if it had not been diagnosed when it had, I would have been the ex Kaptain_Von within 24 hours.
But other than that you've been ok?
Yeah I think we have a winner!
I don't know about that.......I died last Wednesday :wink:
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

MikeHaggar

Post by MikeHaggar » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:32 am

Bub&Bob wrote: I don't know about that.......I died last Wednesday :wink:
You must really love this forum then, since you still hang around ;)

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:34 am

Unfinished business obviously, can't pass on until this PSP emulation stuff is 100% figured out. :wink:
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:43 am

Elgin_McQueen wrote:Unfinished business obviously, can't pass on until this PSP emulation stuff is 100% figured out. :wink:
But I know what will happen, I will finally get ISS to work only to find its not as good as I thought it was and probably kill myself! (of course I should just try it in my PS2 first, I don't even know if the disc works!)
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:09 pm

Is there anyone here who really has died?

An old mate of mine died at birth for a couple of minutes, but they resuscitated him.

Was our Kap technically deceased at any point?
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

EvilArmourKing

Post by EvilArmourKing » Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:12 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:Is there anyone here who really has died?

An old mate of mine died at birth for a couple of minutes, but they resuscitated him.

Shall we all try to "Die" for a few mins at Retro North?

We could film it for YouTube and call it Flatliners 2.

Sod me bringing a Neo Geo, I'll bring a defibralator and a copy of DS Trauma Centre :wink:
"This rod will be your doom" - Kilik

Submerge

Post by Submerge » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:21 am

got pushed off the stage at the barbican theatre when i was 6.

went to the 'teddybears picnic', where kids are invited up on stage at the interval, was at the edge and some fat chancer whacked me, i went off head first, woke up on the floor with my head split open, skull on display, was taken to hospital, fair few stitches. Was invited back to the barbican for another show as compensation, before it started they made me stand up, go to the stage, and be applauded for my bravery. met some doctor who bloke, not bad! From then on around the UK theatres were banned from bringing kids onto stage at intervals, i like to think of it as 'neil's law'.

proof thus that although people say this generation of kids are bad, we had some rotters in our youth too!
'Let his name be praised' - Lo Ray, Body Blows.

Kaptain_Von

Post by Kaptain_Von » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:36 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:Is there anyone here who really has died?

Dunno! I was too busy being comatose to notice. Don't think I had any 'Life on Mars' moments either. At least I can't remember hanging round with some 70s throwback in a camel coat beating up nonces on a regular basis :)
Cue the music, fade to black...
----------------------------------------------------------
http://kaptainskonfessions.blogspot.com/

Grahame

Post by Grahame » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:36 pm

I've got knee reconstruction surgery scheduled for July. Did it playing for the Uni football team (Thats me now cracked a toe and dislocated a shoulder for them!).

I've torn my ACL and meniscus, they've gotta take a ligament from another part of my body and put it in instead of the torn one. First ever operation I've had and I'm a bit apprehensive. 6 weeks off on the sick isn't too bad but slightly tempered by the fact I'll never play football again.
I'd buy that for a dollar!

P-Head

Post by P-Head » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:06 pm

I've had 3 epileptic fits, one of which must have been a doozy because I can't remember a single thing about the events leading up to it and following it.

My first one was a couple of years ago. I'd woken up early and went downstairs to have breakfast with my mam before she went to work. I had a job interview in the afternoon so after she left I thought I'd head upstairs and catch another 40 or so winks, refresh myself, other excuses I could think of for being lazy.

Don't actually remember going to bed, but I came to some time later lying on the bedroom floor with a (not very big) pool of blood next to me and my left leg was really, really numb.

Needless to say I was a bit confused. Then my face started to hurt and I realised that I must have bit clean through it, couple of millimetres below my bottom lip.

It hurt like a bastard.