Serious operations or accidents you have had!

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Wed May 30, 2007 5:22 pm

You wanna see what they look like after a vasectomy :(

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Wed May 30, 2007 5:26 pm

I dont think I want to know.
Watching you sleep since 1990

woody2

Post by woody2 » Wed May 30, 2007 5:26 pm

I broke my shin in two places when I was three. I was playing football in the house (naughty boy!) and went to kick the ball, but booted the sofa instead and somersaulted over it.

Also when playing wrestling in junior school my 'best mate' pretended to do a tombstone on me and dropped me face first onto the concrete floor, splitting my lip, knocking a tooth out and leaving half my face enbedded little stony bits from the floor.
So long-a Bowser!

RetroRik

Post by RetroRik » Wed May 30, 2007 6:25 pm

Had major knee operation at the front back in 1994 and then the same operation at the back of the knee 1 year later. In hospital for 10 days after that and a year of painfull physio.
I can only bend my leg to about 100 degrees now and i can't kneel down anymore. I play 6 aside footy so have to make sure i fall the correct way.!

Oh and i have electrocuted myself 4 times when changing plug sockets without turning the power off. Stupid tw#t that i am.!

Other than that i am unbreakable. haven't had a day off sick in 7 years.!

RIK

station

Post by station » Wed May 30, 2007 6:37 pm

I was once carrying a Marshall cabinet into a rehearsal room. Instead of carrying it, I rested it on the handlebars of my BMX and wheeled it in while sitting on the seat. The cabinet slipped, and crushed my 'chap' against the hard plastic. Half of it was bruised, and it really hurt.

I was also going out one saturday night; we were drunk and decided to leap over a bollard, but tore the centre of my pants from above the arse to the bit above the zip, completely torn. I had to spend the next six hours in that state with my 'chap' catching the breeze. Not anatomically related, but worth a mention.

FatTrucker

Post by FatTrucker » Wed May 30, 2007 7:48 pm

I had an op to remove a Pilonidal Sinus last year.....f**king nasty. Google it if you're brave enough.

Had my ear cut in half with a knife in a fight when I was younger. I was lucky the blade missed my eye when he swiped it at me, and they never sewed it back completely level so now it kind of overlaps in the middle.

Smashed my elbow falling off a stack of palletts on the back of a lorry about 5 years ago.

Other than that only cuts, bruises and the other usual injuries blokes collect. Been stitched up a few times, and once when I was pissed thought I was being clever and manly by trying to stitch a cut on my arm (after falling over and landing on a glass) myself, f**ked it up, ended up getting blood poisoning and having a nasty jagged angry scar instead of a nice, neat, clean one. Won't be doing that again. :oops:
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I've played all the Bratz games and Barbia Horse Adventures, due to having two girls and they are not rubbish in the slightest.
Feel free to add me on XBL.

Xesh

Post by Xesh » Wed May 30, 2007 8:06 pm

FatTrucker wrote:I had an op to remove a Pilonidal Sinus last year.....f**king nasty.
That is nasty. :shock:

When I was 8 I fell through a toughened glass roof and cut my right arm down to the bone from my elbow up to my shoulder. Even now my small finger is lacking in feeling (to the point that I can dislocate it and not feel it :shock: ).

I've fallen off my bike at 35mph and pushed the joint between the arm and shoulder into my rib cage. It needed 4 people to put it back. One to move it and the other 3 to hold me down when doing it. And that was with me unconscious! :shock: It took nearly 10 weeks to fully heal and it was really annoying because I'm left handed and it was my left shoulder. Good excuse not to do anything at work though. :D The doctors told me next time I dislocate my shoulder it will need to be pinned.

I've never broken any bones despite some of the silly things I did. Like jumping off a 15 foot high wall onto concrete. :shock:

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Wed May 30, 2007 9:38 pm

FatTrucker wrote:I had an op to remove a Pilonidal Sinus last year.....f**king nasty. Google it if you're brave enough.
I had that when I was 18, left it a few days before telling anyone as thought it was something embaressing like piles and would go away by itself, after 3 sleepless nights I gave in and was in a hospital bed a couple of hours later. 3 months off work to let it heal. Luckily the day I got out of hospital was the opening day of the olympics back in 2000 so had plenty time to sit back and watch the sports. :D :D :D

Had hernia operation when I was 8, apparently it had been there since I ws born but I never knew anything about it, thought it was an op to make my 'outtie' bellybutton an 'innie', was disappointed it was still sticking out afterwards.

X-ray on my elbow after falling off my bike when I was about 16, week before my holiday and they "weren't sure" if I'd chipped it or not. Turns out it "probably" wasn't but was fuckin painfull all the same.

And that's it, no successfully broken bones yet! :D
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

yethboth

Post by yethboth » Thu May 31, 2007 1:46 am

I nearly once got knocked down by a van when I ran out into the road without looking when I was 7. I was very very lucky.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu May 31, 2007 3:29 am

SirClive wrote:You wanna see what they look like after a vasectomy :(
I didn't think that was too bad at all. Local anaesthetic, you just feel the odd tug in your guts. Afterwards they go all black and blue, but not unduly painful.

Of course if there are any complications or infections (which is quite common), it gets a whole lot messier...
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

EvilArmourKing

Post by EvilArmourKing » Thu May 31, 2007 4:30 am

Actually, I remembered another accident that I had when I was at Primary School, I decided to button my coat up, and keep my arms inside (pretending to be Superman, but when did he EVER do that?)

Anyway, started running round the playground and inevitably tripped and fell, and not being able to put my arms out naturally to break the fall, landing literally, flat on my face.

Smashed my teeth up quite badly, but due to the amount of work I had on them at the time, my dentist reckons it has helped overall - as I have a very straight set of teeth.

But, my oral hygiene in the past has left alot to be desired!

One of my "fangs" needs to be filled with a ceramic, to stop me from losing it althogether - however, I'm still finding it hard to accept "injection in gum"

Does NOT compute!

What can I do!!?
"This rod will be your doom" - Kilik

James A

Post by James A » Thu May 31, 2007 5:02 am

Hair line skull fracture from when i was akid i fell off a fence and landed on my head.

When i was 15 i dislocated my elbow skateboarding. That really hurt bad.

In college a guy passed me a glass pipette with sulphuric acid in. Both of us wern't paying attention properly and it ended up going into my hand and some acid going into my hand. That made a right mess and i had to have loads of injections into my hand to neutralise the acid.

Kaptain_Von

Post by Kaptain_Von » Thu May 31, 2007 6:52 am

Had a car accident back in the 80s followed by four weeks in a coma which kind of meant that I didn't feel too much pain from the fractured left arm, three broken ribs, right leg broken in three places and various cuts and abrasions. Apparently I was lucky to survive, unfortunately my then girlfriend didn't.

Was once carted off to hospital with a suspected broken rib after vacating a building through the window during a training exercise only to discover a fence in my flightpath. Bounced off the top of the fence, landed face down on concrete and landing on an MP5 between you and the concrete is ***** painful even if you are wearing body armour. I don't recommend it.

Last major stay in hospital was in 2000 after being diagnosed with a long term illness that if it had not been diagnosed when it had, I would have been the ex Kaptain_Von within 24 hours.
Cue the music, fade to black...
----------------------------------------------------------
http://kaptainskonfessions.blogspot.com/

The Penultimate Ninja

Post by The Penultimate Ninja » Thu May 31, 2007 6:55 am

EvilArmourKing wrote:One of my "fangs" needs to be filled with a ceramic, to stop me from losing it althogether - however, I'm still finding it hard to accept "injection in gum"

Does NOT compute!
Those aren't that bad really - as far as someone sticking needles into your mouth can be 'not bad'. :?
I've had to have one into the roof of the mouth once, that really makes your eyes water.

One minor but interesting injury as a kid - I was playing around in the bathroom and fell and hit my head/face on the bath. I split my eyelid which really freaked my mum out since she could see the eyeball when I closed my eye.

It needed stitches which involved local anesthetic and some injections to make the 2 sides of the cut swell up so they could be stitched more easily. Being awake and watching all those needles so close to my eye was a bit scary.

bolda

Post by bolda » Thu May 31, 2007 7:50 am

Broke my leg as a toddler and had a lumber puncture (spinal tap) procedure as a baby.

Also had lots of dental work between the age of 8 and 16 - several braces, 16 teeth removed (yes, that's 16 "removed", not fell out by natural causes!) and minor surgery to remove some bone from my lower gum.

After that, very little until the last twelve months when I had a flexible sigmoidoscopy (my worst nightmare!) in order to diagnose a chronic intestinal illness.

Oh, I've also got hayfever! :wink:
GAME OVER YEEEAAAHHH!
ImageImageImage