Serious operations or accidents you have had!

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

EvilArmourKing

Serious operations or accidents you have had!

Post by EvilArmourKing » Wed May 30, 2007 11:14 am

I broke my collar bone when I was very, very young - did this as I attempted to crawl out of my cot.

Have also had a Hernia operation - Ultra painful before and especially after!

Have also had all my wisdom teeth pulled out.

I was knifed in a fight and had 17 stitches in my leg.

Lots of BMX accidents over teen years too.

Whats your damage??
"This rod will be your doom" - Kilik

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Wed May 30, 2007 11:26 am

I had a paper cut yesterday but that's about it (with the exception of a surgeon removing a certain area of skin when I was 4 :oops: )
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Wed May 30, 2007 11:38 am

Went through my middle finger with a jigsaw a few years ago. That hurt and caused much blood loss!! They stitched it back though - but its still numb :evil:

Had an op last year to block off some valves in my arteries and re-route the blood supply :shock: That did indeed fcking hurt as I had to be awake throughout the 45 min op :o

other than that - nothing.

sirclive1

Post by sirclive1 » Wed May 30, 2007 11:46 am

lots of broken bones , mainly at football , leg , ankle , arm , thumb , fingers but most recently (3/8/04) had a tumour removed (that sh*t me up big time). Had a holiday booked for the 10th as well , bad timing.

The Penultimate Ninja

Post by The Penultimate Ninja » Wed May 30, 2007 11:53 am

I broke both bones in my left forearm falling off my bike about age 12 (the front wheel slipped on loose road covering while turning a corner and I hit the deck hard). Luckily it was a clean break straight across both bones, but the broken ends did move a bit so one end of the bone was sitting on top of the other.

I had to go under general anesthetic while a couple of people on both ends of my boken arm pulled me in 2 different directions to get the bones back in place, cast up to the middle of my upper arm, then spent the night in hospital.

Sureshot

Post by Sureshot » Wed May 30, 2007 12:04 pm

When I was really young, I fell off the top of a bunkbed and dived headfirst into the solid bridge of a wooden trainset. All I really remember was standing in the bath with blood going everywhere while my dad was trying to sort me out. I've got a scar on my bonce from that incident.

As far as breakages go, it's a miracle I didn't break more really (as I used to play lots of sports, as well as skate and do snow sports). The worst thing that happened to me was getting hit in the face by a rounders bat, when somebody threw a small football up in the air which I went to head, while my mate with his huge swing clocked me clean in the jaw unawares. Had to be off school for about 2 or 3 weeks while I underwent ultrasound treatment on it.

Other than that, just sprains and things really.

DanDare

Post by DanDare » Wed May 30, 2007 12:10 pm

Operations? Had tons of them.

Accidents? Only a few. Never broken a bone.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed May 30, 2007 12:33 pm

I've not had anything major. Tonsils out is the only op and that's not sore.

I ripped my hand open from the middle of my palm right out the tip of my little finger on my left hand. You could see bone. Does that count? Took a lot of stitches, but I was only about 4 or 5 so I can't remember much about it other than not being able to look at it because it was gross afterwards, all black stiches and dry blood and bruises.

A dog bit my face when I was around 5 or 6 as well. That looked nasty in the mirror, but did at least leave me with a cool Action Man scar. I loved that scar but its faded away now, there's just a slight wrinkle when I smile.

And I burnt the back of my hand on a paraffin heater, so I had two flame marks there for most of my childhood. As I've grown, they sort of moved up onto my wrist and eventually faded away, so they're virtually undetectable now. Being a bit hairy helps.

I fell off my bike once and knocked myself out. Came round and there was a bus thundering down the road towards me. Panic!

MPM just reminded me of another. I stuck a screwdriver right down into the flesh between thumb and forefinger on my left hand. Into the webbing and down into the 'hard' bit. That just got taped up. Lots of blood, but just a numb throb really. The same thumb has a V shape scar where I sliced a flap of skin up with the back (blunt?) side of a saw cutting laminate flooring at the mother in laws.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Wed May 30, 2007 1:35 pm

Vasectomy and a vasectomy reversal.

Smurph

Post by Smurph » Wed May 30, 2007 1:36 pm

17 staples in my head after getting jumped one night in Belfast. Apparently I was walking down the wrong side of the street.

/bitter
Antiriad2097 wrote:There is no in or out, just a constant state of retro gamer.
Nowloading.co.uk My Retrobate Profile

oli_lar

Post by oli_lar » Wed May 30, 2007 3:20 pm

never had anything serious, slipped with a stanley knife and put a hole in the middle of my palm.. could see the muscle undeneath but didn't hurt at all. Had a fair few dislocations before, but never broken anything. Had my adinoids out when I was young too.

thl

Re: Serious operations or accidents you have had!

Post by thl » Wed May 30, 2007 3:52 pm

EvilArmourKing wrote:Have also had all my wisdom teeth pulled out.
Me too. I had metal plates and wires inserted in my face and gums after being put under anesthetic during operation. Plus I had to wear braces and retainers afterward.

Also around 1989, I remember getting knock out by a parking gate which my head start bleeding from the left side. Still got that minor scar after 18 years.

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Wed May 30, 2007 5:15 pm

Always hitting my Head, got taken away in an Ambulance once. Ive completly skined my Elbow twice, Ive put Screwdrivers in my hands, Ive had tools slice into my fingers, Game rage caused a massive gash in my hand and boy did that p1ss blood, Cut myself up bad all over my arms, hands and face crashing a bike and ripped my ear off falling of a slide when I was four. The next day it got ripped off again in a play fight. No Broken bones as of yet as I seem to have a stupidly strong bone structure.
Watching you sleep since 1990

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Wed May 30, 2007 5:17 pm

I'm in Asda one night to get some bottles of Pepsi Max, there's 2 on the shelf right at the back and being quite small I can't reach them, under the shelf there's 2 stacks of trays that the drinks normally come in and I figure if I can just wedge my foot in between them I can get enough lift to reach these bottles, so up I go, my foot slips and I come down bollocks first on the corner of one of the trays, I'm in quite a bit of agony so head off home to check myself out, I get home and my nuts are very red but everything seems ok, next morning I'm sat on the loo and I look down at my boxer shorts and notice dots of blood all over the front of them, fortunately there seems to be no lasting damage.
Splink!

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Wed May 30, 2007 5:19 pm

Oww, Ive pranged my nuts many times, but nothing quite that bad. Shame cant be said for a guy I booted up the backside once. Apparently I caught him in the nuts aswell and he had clean left the floor
Watching you sleep since 1990