Star Wars: The Last Jedi Trailer!

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

jdanddiet

Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi Trailer!

Post by jdanddiet » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:52 pm

The Hardest of All Freds wrote:Some one on Youtube has played The Force Awakens and Last Jedi trailers side by side and they are nearly shot for shot identical...
I thought it looked familiar...mind you originality has long gone out of the window, let's be honest...remake of ESB ahoy
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:54 am

jdanddiet wrote:
The Hardest of All Freds wrote:Some one on Youtube has played The Force Awakens and Last Jedi trailers side by side and they are nearly shot for shot identical...
I thought it looked familiar...mind you originality has long gone out of the window, let's be honest...remake of ESB ahoy
Luke : "Search your feelings, Rey. You know it to be true."
Rey : "No. But - I was left alone for so many years."
Luke : "I had to go. Rey - I am your father!"

Then cue Kylo Ren turning up and having a mega battle with Rey and chopping off her hand, before Rey falls off and ledge and manages to escape in the Millennium Falcon.

There you are. Now, you won't have pay for your cinema ticket to see it. :lol:

sscott

Post by sscott » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:53 am

It was a teaser and they know the Internet will study it frame by frame which is why so vague. Rian Johnson knows what he's doing and seems he will mix things up. Apparently Mark Hamill Initially resisted but came around.

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:07 pm

I don't try and read to much into the trailers, end of the day, it looks good and I will go and see it. I do think it will be just like Yoda training Luck again though (a la ESB) but with some sort of twist.
WANTED: Mario Party 3 on N64 (just the Box only) ANY SNES GAMES, OR EMPTY SNES BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:41 pm

Finally got the chance to see this in decent quality. still not an exciting trailer.

What are the odds that Finn is in the ship that scrapes the ground in this? They made a thing of him needing a pilot in TFA, so he's obviously a rubbish driver.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:15 pm

They played it safe with Force Awakens to draw people in. Last Jedi will probably be untirely different to what went before. The guy who did Rogue 1 said originally Vader was only aboard the Death Star and Jinn and the other rebels never died. When he was given free Reign the rest is history.

I'm still wondering if Snoke is Darth Plagueis as when Palpentine is talking to Anakin in the Opera (Revenge of the Sith) and asks "Have you heard the tradegy of Darth Plageis the wise"? It's the same music!

Plagueis discovered the secret of eternal life in the Plagueis novel(is this book canon)? and Palpentine came back as clone Emperor Palpatine in the 'Dark Empire' Series as he never died aboard the second Death Star as every time Palpentine died he would transfer his conciseness into anothor body.
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

sscott

Post by sscott » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:45 am

The youtube speculation videos are absolutely stupid and after 3 predicting the return of Mace Windu, the Emperor and Yoda I vow never to watch another again! Still a long time to go.