the kick off thread

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

stayAwhile

the kick off thread

Post by stayAwhile » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:54 am

so I decided to launch a general kick off thread(for anco and dino dini ko games) so I'll start by asking who plays revival and also whatt's your view on post dini anco games?
This guy are sick

stayAwhile

Re: the kick off thread

Post by stayAwhile » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:38 pm

could someone move this to all about the games please put it in off topic in error
This guy are sick

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:30 pm

Would move but can't any more. Will have to wait for Daz or Nick.
As for Kick Off... Sensi all the way :wink:
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:41 pm

markopoloman wrote:Would move but can't any more. Will have to wait for Daz or Nick.
Off-topic reply/post but does this mean that Nick and Daz are the only two mods left now? Just wondered after seeing nobody else's names next to the moderators thing beneath each sub-forum on the main page.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:15 pm

Megamixer wrote:
markopoloman wrote:Would move but can't any more. Will have to wait for Daz or Nick.
Off-topic reply/post but does this mean that Nick and Daz are the only two mods left now? Just wondered after seeing nobody else's names next to the moderators thing beneath each sub-forum on the main page.
RG staff only....
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=54384
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:22 pm

I believe it was caused by an 'event' on the forum. But yeah, only staff can mod now.
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:28 pm

markopoloman wrote:I believe it was caused by an 'event' on the forum. But yeah, only staff can mod now.
"Event"?

We are in the kick off the thread so I'm guessing it was a petty argument this event :lol:

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:39 am

Safe to say one of the political/religious/cyclist threads went out of control as usual then. Come to think of it, things have been a bit quiet recently as if a few temp bans have been handed out.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:52 am

I always thought MPM did a decent job. Wonder what happened to cause a change.

As for Kick off, Never really been a fan of the series, only game I ever spent time with was GOAL on the amiga which was done by the same guy wasn't it.

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:28 pm

RodimusPrime wrote:I always thought MPM did a decent job. Wonder what happened to cause a change.

As for Kick off, Never really been a fan of the series, only game I ever spent time with was GOAL on the amiga which was done by the same guy wasn't it.
yes goal was later renamed dino dini's soccer
This guy are sick

necronom

Post by necronom » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:51 pm

I liked Kick Off, Kick Off II, Player Manager, and Goal. I've played those more than all other football games combined. I liked Sensi, but played Dino's games more.
The Retro Gaming League _ -= My YouTube Videos =-
The eighties aren't over. I'll say when the eighties are over. The eighties are never over! You don't just turn off the eighties! - Jack Howitzer, GTA V

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:20 pm

necronom wrote:I liked Kick Off, Kick Off II, Player Manager, and Goal. I've played those more than all other football games combined. I liked Sensi, but played Dino's games more.
i highly recommend revival
This guy are sick

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:37 pm

loved the Kick Off series, spent loads of hours on Kick Off, Player Manager, Kick Off 2, and Goal.

the feature on Player Manager that let you import your teams into KO2 was fantastic. Also remember the extra tactics add on disk - "Winning Tactics" I think it was, if memory serves the tactics/formations included - Wide Boy, Swingers and FortKnox (which was everybody back like a 6-3-0 :D )

Far better than Sensi, the KO games required much practice and skill, so perhaps understandable why the less skilled gamers gravitated towards the Sensi series.

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:24 pm

HalcyonDaze00 wrote:loved the Kick Off series, spent loads of hours on Kick Off, Player Manager, Kick Off 2, and Goal.

the feature on Player Manager that let you import your teams into KO2 was fantastic. Also remember the extra tactics add on disk - "Winning Tactics" I think it was, if memory serves the tactics/formations included - Wide Boy, Swingers and FortKnox (which was everybody back like a 6-3-0 :D )

Far better than Sensi, the KO games required much practice and skill, so perhaps understandable why the less skilled gamers gravitated towards the Sensi series.
i play both sensi has an arcade charm ko has a skill requirement but sensi had more decent sequels were as ko had a series of mediocre anco sequels and a few great dini games
This guy are sick