Free McDonald's heads up.

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

aztecca

Free McDonald's heads up.

Post by aztecca » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:15 am

Just a heads up they are not advertising it but mcdonalds are giving away free food upto the value of £10 Per person.

ITS ONLY TILL 12 o clock today.

Just got back and am enjoying 2 sausage and egg mcmuffins.

Its all restaurants throughout the country.

Enjoy.
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

the_hawk

Re: Free McDonald's heads up.

Post by the_hawk » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:14 am

Fantastic stuff.

The even better news is that Burger King are price matching at the minute, I managed to catch a whopper.

They're also doing Portal themed cakes for afters!
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:56 am

I think I can smell a couple of whoppers right now. :lol:

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:09 am

Despite the date, its actually quite believable as I can't believe anyone would exchange money to buy that s**te to eat.

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:31 am

Sephiroth81 wrote:Despite the date, its actually quite believable as I can't believe anyone would exchange money to buy that s**te to eat.
I was quite surprised when I last went in. Having not bothered for years I can honestly say that the days of burgers tasting like microwaved cardboard seem to be well gone.

I tried one of those classic burgers and was really surprised how good it was, That, the mozzarella dippers, and the ice cream were really really nice.

looking at the menu though its complete censored for vegetarians, not even much of a token effort.

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:40 am

RodimusPrime wrote:
looking at the menu though its complete censored for vegetarians, not even much of a token effort.
I had a spicey bean burger a while back at one of them (can't remember which), and it was atrocious, it just fell to pieces in my hands and didn't have the decency to taste even acceptable. Chips tend to be a bit over salted, but some quite like that. Bean burgers when done properly can be nicely formed and be delicious. What made it worse was that it wasn't even cheap for the meal "deal". It may have improved though in recent years on their core meat-based menus as you said (I wouldn't have had a beefburger from them in over a decade).

I used to like them as a kid, but I think kids' tastes generally are a bit limited anyway.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:43 am

I had a veg deluxe meal last week. It was good.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:05 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:I had a veg deluxe meal last week. It was good.
Googling that, it looks to be McDonalds, i think mine was Burger King. If I'm ever that desperate for a quick fix of food, and nothing else is open, maybe i'll give McDonalds a try as they seem to be the better of the two these days.

sscott

Post by sscott » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:15 am

V funny

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:00 am

The last time that I went into the beloved Golden Arches - I had the "Big Breakfast". I sort of think of it as a guilty pleasure. I know the scrambled egg is always overdone - but the hash brown is beautiful(maybe it's because it's deep fat fried).

The last time that I had one of their "burgers" was a really long time ago(maybe in the 1990s). Thin little pieces of supposed beef and of course that beloved plastic cheese. Nowadays, I probably too spoilt what with places like Gourmet Burger Cheap MDF rubbish and Byron.

I did try McDonald's Vegeburger must have been in the late 1990s - it was more out of curiosity. I seem to remember that it tasted of carrot and not much else. Maybe it's improved. Let's hope so.