Trailer for the new "IT" movie

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Re: Trailer for the new "IT" movie

Post by Katzkatz » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:41 pm

Oh, and I think I should mention Stand By Me being a decent film from the pen of Stephen King. Plus, it has Wesley from Star Trek : TNG in it. :lol:

gman72

Re: Trailer for the new "IT" movie

Post by gman72 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:08 pm

I've been looking forward to this and the trailer at least does not disappoint.

I'm a massive fan of King and his works and recently listened to the audio book version of IT (having read the novel several times in the past) read by the wonderful Steven Weber - I can heartily recommend this version of the novel to any King fans. Weber really brings fantastic life to the characters... especially Pennywise.
On the subject of Pennywise the one redeeming factor of the Original filmed version of It was Tim Curry's wonderful performance, whilst I suspect (hope) that the new movie will be better than the old version I doubt Bill Skarsgard's Pennywise will be as comically horrific as Tim Curry's.

With regards to the orgy scene near the end of the book allow me to put some context into it using SPOILERS. After the kids defeat It for the first time in the sewers under Derry in 1958 the white magic that bound them together and allowed them to win through starts to fade almost straight away and they suddenly find themselves lost and unable get out of the stinking maze. The chapter is subtitled Love and desire (a desire which each boy felt for Beverly that year) and Beverly allows each to boy to have sex with her in turn this has the effect of rekindling the white magic allowing them to find their way out to safety. The scene is handled in a very un-salacious manner but the subject matter is very unpalatable and some struggle with that section.

With this and The Dark Tower movie coming King fans are well catered this year. :D
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD