Request for Help - Change.org

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

User avatar
RodimusPrime
Posts: 4141
Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 12:16 pm

Re: Request for Help - Change.org

Post by RodimusPrime » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:07 pm

The Laird wrote:
HalcyonDaze00 wrote:it's a no from me I'm afraid, as a self confessed hater of humans I'm shocked you want this human to stay so much? very strange. it wasn't so long ago that you told us all you would rather save a puppy than a baby, so look on the bright side, if she gets turfed out you may get to keep the dog!
What an absolutely disgusting attitude you have, mind you I expected nothing less. Absolutely deplorable behaviour.

I am anti-immigration, but I signed it as this is something very different.
He is entitled to his view.

I however will sign it but halcyon days is obviously aggrieved at something said a while ago and if it bothers him enough to not want to help Rayne then that is up to him.

As for disgusting attitude, saying that humans were not worth saving and you would happily save a puppy and let a baby die because as a person its not worth saving is far worse IMO. Not to mention he mentioned something along the lines of abuse of kids was natural to humans.

So yeah I can sort of understand HD reluctance to help as me, him, and many others were disgusted by that.

I however am not about to Blame Raynes GF for his reprehensible attitude to his fellow man and will still sign to help.

User avatar
aztecca
Posts: 5216
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:18 pm
Location: http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

Re: Request for Help - Change.org

Post by aztecca » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:28 pm

Signed.Hope it all works out for you and your partner Rayne.
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

User avatar
RodimusPrime
Posts: 4141
Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 12:16 pm

Re: Request for Help - Change.org

Post by RodimusPrime » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:13 pm

Sephiroth81 wrote:
The Laird wrote:
What an absolutely disgusting attitude you have, mind you I expected nothing less. Absolutely deplorable behaviour.
Whether he is either a genuine sociopath or "merely" a troll, you're only giving him the attention he so deeply craves!

I doubt he is either simply based on the one comment. He was disgusted by someones comment in the past and due to how he feels regarding that comment means he has no desire to help that person.

User avatar
Sephiroth81
Posts: 4592
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:35 am

Re: Request for Help - Change.org

Post by Sephiroth81 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:46 pm

RodimusPrime wrote:

I doubt he is either simply based on the one comment. He was disgusted by someones comment in the past and due to how he feels regarding that comment means he has no desire to help that person.
How come I missed out on that little incident?! :P

Its not a professional opinion by any stretch, as its purely my own limited judgement, but I would consider HD either a troll or sociopath (and quite possibly both) based on many of his posts that I've seen during membership. This conclusion, accurate or not, would be the same even before I saw this recent comment. I'm leaning more towards insecure-lonely-troll though.

User avatar
TheDude18
Posts: 1858
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:13 am
Location: South Wales

Re: Request for Help - Change.org

Post by TheDude18 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:51 pm

Signed. Hope things work out for you and your family.
Image

User avatar
RodimusPrime
Posts: 4141
Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 12:16 pm

Re: Request for Help - Change.org

Post by RodimusPrime » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:59 pm

Sephiroth81 wrote:
RodimusPrime wrote:

I doubt he is either simply based on the one comment. He was disgusted by someones comment in the past and due to how he feels regarding that comment means he has no desire to help that person.
How come I missed out on that little incident?! :P

Its not a professional opinion by any stretch, as its purely my own limited judgement, but I would consider HD either a troll or sociopath (and quite possibly both) based on many of his posts that I've seen during membership. This conclusion, accurate or not, would be the same even before I saw this recent comment. I'm leaning more towards insecure-lonely-troll though.
No problem. If thats what you think then thats what you think and if he has given you reason to think that about him then fair enough. Just pointing out that on this occasion he probably has a fairly understandable reason not to be interested in helping.

Like I said, I myself was disgusted at his comments and attitude at the time, but am not going to hold that against his GF who needs help. But HD does have a point that someone who on many occasions has commented on how much he hates people in general etc is now relying on a whole load of strangers to support him, and many have done.

User avatar
The Laird
Posts: 8496
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:01 am
Location: Luton
Contact:

Re: Request for Help - Change.org

Post by The Laird » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:32 am

I have had many disagreements with Rayne over the years and not liked many of the things he has said either.

But this wasn't about Rayne, it was a about a young women who needed help with a more than valid reason to be here.

User avatar
aztecca
Posts: 5216
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:18 pm
Location: http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

Re: Request for Help - Change.org

Post by aztecca » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:28 am

Am suprised at peoples views of Rayne ive been here years now and hes always been one of the good guys imo.
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

User avatar
Sephiroth81
Posts: 4592
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:35 am

Re: Request for Help - Change.org

Post by Sephiroth81 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:33 am

aztecca wrote:Am suprised at peoples views of Rayne ive been here years now and hes always been one of the good guys imo.
Can we list out the good guys and the bad guys so we know formally what role we play? Can I be a villain?! :mrgreen:

But yea, Rayne seems fairly inoffensive as a forum member on here. I guess he may have made a bizarre hypothetical which rubbed some people up the wrong way a while back, but holding on to grudges seems a waste of time and energy.

User avatar
RodimusPrime
Posts: 4141
Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 12:16 pm

Re: Request for Help - Change.org

Post by RodimusPrime » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:41 am

Sephiroth81 wrote:
aztecca wrote:Am suprised at peoples views of Rayne ive been here years now and hes always been one of the good guys imo.
Can we list out the good guys and the bad guys so we know formally what role we play? Can I be a villain?! :mrgreen:

But yea, Rayne seems fairly inoffensive as a forum member on here. I guess he may have made a bizarre hypothetical which rubbed some people up the wrong way a while back, but holding on to grudges seems a waste of time and energy.

Its not a grudge.

His comments were an insight into how he feels and views other people, and is an indication of him as a person. Plus it was not just the hypothetical comment, the fact he said people were not worth saving and that abuse of children is natural for humans.

As someone who calls out people for comments towards their fellow man that are no where near as bad as this, it seems strange you have a problem with people having a problem.



Isn't that how we all base our opinions of other people, by their actions and what they say. we all like and dislike people based on interations wih them.

User avatar
RodimusPrime
Posts: 4141
Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 12:16 pm

Re: Request for Help - Change.org

Post by RodimusPrime » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:46 am

The Laird wrote:I have had many disagreements with Rayne over the years and not liked many of the things he has said either.

But this wasn't about Rayne, it was a about a young women who needed help with a more than valid reason to be here.
I agree and despite my feelings will still sign.

But at the same time, you can't really be surprised that after comments like that, that someone does not want to even listen to what you have to say, even if its help on behalf of someone else.

User avatar
Sephiroth81
Posts: 4592
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:35 am

Re: Request for Help - Change.org

Post by Sephiroth81 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:07 am

RodimusPrime wrote:
Its not a grudge.

His comments were an insight into how he feels and views other people, and is an indication of him as a person. Plus it was not just the hypothetical comment, the fact he said people were not worth saving and that abuse of children is natural for humans.

As someone who calls out people for comments towards their fellow man that are no where near as bad as this, it seems strange you have a problem with people having a problem.



Isn't that how we all base our opinions of other people, by their actions and what they say. we all like and dislike people based on interations wih them.
I guess it depends entirely on the context, and how its said, who said it etc etc. Its not unfair to say that human nature is often cruel though, and I'm not defending Raynes original comments (again, I've not seen the exact post - can you find it and share it please?), and would clearly never say people were not worth saving of course.

Based on what I've read in this thread, it just sounded like a hypothetical throwaway comment. A foolish one, but if its just one out of several thousand posts he has made, I wouldn't make him a pariah. If thats it, and it was said a while back, it seems a petty grudge. He may have had some harsh words for me, but I don't hold it against him, unless it became an ongoing campaign of hate (hence why I'd like to see it and the full context). After all, we have ALL said the occasional thing we regret in hindsight and nobody is perfect. Someone like HD seems a bit more consistent though with someone being either filled with hatred, or being a petty provocative troll always wanting to goad people.

User avatar
RodimusPrime
Posts: 4141
Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 12:16 pm

Re: Request for Help - Change.org

Post by RodimusPrime » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:15 am

Well he has said on many occasions how he hates people.

You keep going on about how you need to see the posts, how you feel that from what you have seen he is an ok guy. But Seph this is not about you. Its about how other people based on their interactions with him feel.

You say you think he is ok because of what you have seen from him. That's fair enough, but its no different to what we are doing. We are not trying to convince you to think about him in a particular way, we respect you are basing an opinion of how you have personally dealt with him. We are simply doing the same.

So considering that, lets all just accept that some people like him, and some people don't. just like you are not keen on HD due to his past comments.

User avatar
Sephiroth81
Posts: 4592
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:35 am

Re: Request for Help - Change.org

Post by Sephiroth81 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:26 am

RodimusPrime wrote:Well he has said on many occasions how he hates people.

You keep going on about how you need to see the posts, how you feel that from what you have seen he is an ok guy. But Seph this is not about you. Its about how other people based on their interactions with him feel.

You say you think he is ok because of what you have seen from him. That's fair enough, but its no different to what we are doing. We are not trying to convince you to think about him in a particular way, we respect you are basing an opinion of how you have personally dealt with him. We are simply doing the same.

So considering that, lets all just accept that some people like him, and some people don't. just like you are not keen on HD due to his past comments.
Rodimus - i am open to having my mind changed on this, believe me. I was just basing it on my brief interactions with him and hadn't seen anything like you may have from him. I don't really interact with him much anyway so there is no bias from my side. I don't keep "going on", I was just interested in seeing the context and why his posts were troubling. I'm curious, thats all. I'm not putting you personally under the spotlight and demanding evidence....i'll take a look myself (its just there are a LOT of posts! grrr)

Since HD was the initial poster who brought this up, it just made me think about what a hypocritical comment, given his nature and the fact a few people I've spoken to have placed him on ignore etc.

User avatar
RodimusPrime
Posts: 4141
Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 12:16 pm

Re: Request for Help - Change.org

Post by RodimusPrime » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:43 am

Sephiroth81 wrote:
RodimusPrime wrote:Well he has said on many occasions how he hates people.

You keep going on about how you need to see the posts, how you feel that from what you have seen he is an ok guy. But Seph this is not about you. Its about how other people based on their interactions with him feel.

You say you think he is ok because of what you have seen from him. That's fair enough, but its no different to what we are doing. We are not trying to convince you to think about him in a particular way, we respect you are basing an opinion of how you have personally dealt with him. We are simply doing the same.

So considering that, lets all just accept that some people like him, and some people don't. just like you are not keen on HD due to his past comments.
Rodimus - i am open to having my mind changed on this, believe me. I was just basing it on my brief interactions with him and hadn't seen anything like you may have from him. I don't really interact with him much anyway so there is no bias from my side. I don't keep "going on", I was just interested in seeing the context and why his posts were troubling. I'm curious, thats all. I'm not putting you personally under the spotlight and demanding evidence....i'll take a look myself (its just there are a LOT of posts! grrr)

Since HD was the initial poster who brought this up, it just made me think about what a hypocritical comment, given his nature and the fact a few people I've spoken to have placed him on ignore etc.
I think the posts may have been deleted TBH. As posts of that nature should be.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests