Yet another

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:01 pm

example of the lycra clad louts who infest our towns and cities:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -BIKE.html

scum

rocky1980

Re: Yet another

Post by rocky1980 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:46 am

I love how the DM commenters are trying to put the blame on the car driver. I have had a two wheeled warrior kick my door before :cry: , he them cycled away as I tried to run after tried to run after him. He jumped from the pavement onto the road right in front of me. But it would have been my fault because I was in the car :!:
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:52 am

Where's Dprinny when you need him? I wonder what he thinks of this? :lol:

I've always sort of thought it was bit too dangerous to cycle in big cities. As I live in London, I know a few people who do bicycle - but the trouble is, because of heavy traffic - you are at a lot of risk.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:17 am

have you ever wondered why we have to keep fecking about with our clocks every few months?

Ive given up having to change the one on the VCR, at least with modern tech it does it its self instead saving much time

I mean who thought it was a good idea to make us have to do that every few months, kind messes up my bodies sleep schedule

Speaking of, does anyone remember that episode of Irrie Indiana where they stayed up to gain that extra hour only for Marshal to end up in another dimension? has anyone actually tried that only to be disappointed and tired the next day?

That was a cracking series, to bad I cant find the follow on series ANYWHERE, bloody annoying

Its a bit like that Nightingales series, wonder if they ever had to work that extra hour without pay?
I did once and got paid overtime,

Wonder if they ever moved that clock down a bit so people can reach it?

Clocks is a s**t song

Coldplay are also s**t
Unlike OP who is full of s**t

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:50 am

rocky1980 wrote:I love how the DM commenters are trying to put the blame on the car driver. I have had a two wheeled warrior kick my door before :cry: , he them cycled away as I tried to run after tried to run after him. He jumped from the pavement onto the road right in front of me. But it would have been my fault because I was in the car :!:
not just the mail comments to be fair, seen this vid on most of the news sites and all have at least a few of the moronic cyclists trying to blame the driver :lol:

cyclists are a scourge on our roads, there is no question about that. about time they were banned from the roads, or at least give the car driver the legal right to shunt them from the road if they start acting the idiot.

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:00 am

HalcyonDaze00 wrote:at least give the car driver the legal right to shunt them from the road if they start acting the idiot.
:lol:

Look, cyclists can definitely be a total pain in the arse and some of them absolutely think they're the centre of everybody's universe as well as their own ... but being allowed to run them off the road? You can't be serious.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:11 am

Speaking of running, its always joggers that find the bodies, so why arent they the first suspect?
If I was a cereal killer id pretend to be a jogger that found the body

Speaking of cereal has anyone tried those honey nut wheat shreds Aldi sells? They are very moreish, I have to stop my self just grabbing a load and noming on them, I never really get on with the high sugar ones,

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:01 pm

The Beans wrote:
HalcyonDaze00 wrote:at least give the car driver the legal right to shunt them from the road if they start acting the idiot.
:lol:

Look, cyclists can definitely be a total pain in the arse and some of them absolutely think they're the centre of everybody's universe as well as their own ... but being allowed to run them off the road? You can't be serious.
I certainly am.

it would only take a week or two of motorists having the legal right to shunt cyclists and you would see a monumental improvement in the behaviour of the lycra clad louts.

It's probably unworkable at the moment but as we move towards all cars having dash cams as standard (this has already started to happen with some HGV's I believe) then it should be able to be encouraged with full transparency. Let's be clear, I'm not talking about running them off the road willy-nilly, there would have to be reason, and I'm only advocating "shunting" them out of the way, not putting them under the wheels, it would need clarifying what a "clean shunt" was and this could be introduced as part of driving lessons/highway code etc.

All would be recorded and the police/legal system could investigate any complaints.

Would be a massive vote winner, there is no question about that.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:14 pm

On the cycle path on the way home I spotted a dragon, it seems to of recently been slain and was yet to respawn to get more low level players, but by the look of it it its self was a low level one, I wish id of hung around as I heard that fresh dragon scales is a rare tradeablie that can fetch some nice gear or maybe a nice new brain for OP as he seems to be lacking one

Katzkatz

Post by Katzkatz » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:56 pm

DPrinny wrote:Image

On the cycle path on the way home I spotted a dragon, it seems to of recently been slain and was yet to respawn to get more low level players, but by the look of it it its self was a low level one, I wish id of hung around as I heard that fresh dragon scales is a rare tradeablie that can fetch some nice gear or maybe a nice new brain for OP as he seems to be lacking one
@Dprinny - you've been playing too much Skyrim! :lol: :lol:

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:34 pm

I never have, but what I have been playing bits of is Sonic Dash 2 Sonic boom, i really dont know why, probably because its a game thats easy to get into and easy to quickly play while your taking a s**t, but I will say that always take a dump before getting on a bicycle and riding as some roads are VERY BUMPY this is primarily caused by cars and lorry's that are dashing about the place not really enjoying the veiws, seriously its like being trapped in a metal coffin,

But still Sonic dash 2 Sonic boom is the best Sonic boom game, even if later on it can seem like its being a bit cheap with the obsticals and hazards, bit like a lot of drivers that dont look where they are going or park RIGHT ON THE CYCLE PATH, they complain when you call them "A d**k" for doing so

Anyway i am planing a "How far can I get" cycle trip FOR CHARITY M8!! This is going to start at Chester then go along the Welsh coast till my legs give out,

TheDude18

Post by TheDude18 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:26 pm

There are c#£t cyclists, just as there are d#%khead drivers and pr£#k pedestrians. Tomorrow's news - rain is wet.
Last edited by TheDude18 on Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Katzkatz

Post by Katzkatz » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:56 pm

@Dprinny - Maybe you need to make another YouTube video of your bike rides? Especially after meeting such amazing creatures! :wink: :lol:

HEAVYface

Post by HEAVYface » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:01 pm

bad drivers are a bigger problem than bad cyclists.

even if that one head to toe in black lycra clad cycling late at night around a poorly lit roundabout without bicycle lights middle aged d!ckead, who was in my blindspot (bloody Peugeot wide frames around windows) so I had no chance of seeing him, had the audacity to try and explain the highway code forcefully to me when I wound down the window to explain I couldn't see him and he acted like I was the only person in that situation causing the problem. seriously there are ninjas who would be jealous of the camouflage this dude mustered. phew.

yeah he was a c*nt alright. but i'm pretty sure if he fell asleep at the wheel the only person getting hurt would be him.

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:56 am

I'm not a cyclist, rather I am someone who drives or walks. While I am sure there are erratic cyclists out there, some potentially being quite dangerous, its more likely to be at their own risk rather than others. Sure, a cyclist at full pelt could potentially kill a pedestrian (and its quite probable that its occurred before but it surely is rare by comparison to injuries and deaths caused by motor cars), but cars are the biggest death traps.

I've seen so many bad and careless drivers in my 15+ years of driving - tailgating, weaving in and out of traffic, using mobile phones whilst driving, awful lane discipline, excess speeding, drink/drug driving etc etc. This is what causes fatal accidents. Cyclists may cause inconvenience at times for the intolerant and impatient drivers out there, but speed and weight of a vehicle leads to death or terrible life changing injuries, and a bike certainly lacks weight, and average bike speed is low.