Terror attack at Westminster?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

User avatar
HalcyonDaze00
Posts: 4621
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:20 pm

Terror attack at Westminster?

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:07 am

two men shot dead after car runs over several people!?

https://twitter.com/whypersist

User avatar
Antiriad2097
Posts: 26847
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: http://s11.zetaboards.com/RetroLeague/
Contact:

Re: Terror attack at Westminster?

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:13 am

Terrorist or random nutter? My money's on the latter

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39355940
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

User avatar
Katzkatz
Posts: 6984
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:03 pm
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Re: Terror attack at Westminster?

Post by Katzkatz » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:51 am

Maybe it was some sort of anti-Brexit protest?

User avatar
Megamixer
Posts: 14989
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:18 am
Location: Staffs, UK

Re: Terror attack at Westminster?

Post by Megamixer » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:10 pm

A random nutter probably with ISIS-inspired crap in their head. Not wanting to jump to the conclusion of an Islamic type of thing (because we've also had nutters like Raul Moat and that person who killed the Labour MP) but if I was betting money then it would probably (and unfortunately) be the safer bet.

I feel for those just out and about before being drawn into this f*****s actions. Horrible :(
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

User avatar
Matt_B
Posts: 5447
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:30 am
Location: 5 minutes from the beach, 30 seconds from the pub

Re: Terror attack at Westminster?

Post by Matt_B » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:51 pm

Well, we all know ISIS will claim it's them even if they had nothing to do with it. They've even claimed attacks that turned out to have been carried out by white supremacists in the past.

User avatar
Megamixer
Posts: 14989
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:18 am
Location: Staffs, UK

Re: Terror attack at Westminster?

Post by Megamixer » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:57 pm

Matt_B wrote:Well, we all know ISIS will claim it's them even if they had nothing to do with it. They've even claimed attacks that turned out to have been carried out by white supremacists in the past.
Probably but I wouldn't believe them.

Yet, even if it they didn't organise this, it would still be their fault to an extrent for spreading their crappy propaganda and encouraging lone individuals to go on rampages.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

User avatar
Matt_B
Posts: 5447
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:30 am
Location: 5 minutes from the beach, 30 seconds from the pub

Re: Terror attack at Westminster?

Post by Matt_B » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:12 pm

Megamixer wrote:
Matt_B wrote:Well, we all know ISIS will claim it's them even if they had nothing to do with it. They've even claimed attacks that turned out to have been carried out by white supremacists in the past.
Probably but I wouldn't believe them.

Yet, even if it they didn't organise this, it would still be their fault to an extrent for spreading their crappy propaganda and encouraging lone individuals to go on rampages.
Well I'm certainly not going to condone ISIS propaganda or the idiots that fall for it, but they're not the only ones doing that by a long chalk.

User avatar
Megamixer
Posts: 14989
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:18 am
Location: Staffs, UK

Re: Terror attack at Westminster?

Post by Megamixer » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:23 pm

Matt_B wrote:
Megamixer wrote:
Matt_B wrote:Well, we all know ISIS will claim it's them even if they had nothing to do with it. They've even claimed attacks that turned out to have been carried out by white supremacists in the past.
Probably but I wouldn't believe them.

Yet, even if it they didn't organise this, it would still be their fault to an extrent for spreading their crappy propaganda and encouraging lone individuals to go on rampages.
Well I'm certainly not going to condone ISIS propaganda or the idiots that fall for it, but they're not the only ones doing that by a long chalk.
True. All of the various West-hating terror groups are responsible as are random individuals spreading hate across the internet.

Something like this has been a long time coming really and I'm surprised it hasn't happened sooner given how other European countries have been struck numerous times and given how many alleged terror plots have been foiled here in the UK. Obviously, a random nutjob who decides to go on a rampage can't be predicted but I suppose a lot of people have kind of relaxed since the last wave of attacks and subconsciously forgotten. I can probably put myself in that camp to be fair.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24850
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: Terror attack at Westminster?

Post by DPrinny » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:28 pm

to bad the ones that deserved to be injured/killed where safe inside Parliament (or overseas, urgh damn politicians)

User avatar
Matt_B
Posts: 5447
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:30 am
Location: 5 minutes from the beach, 30 seconds from the pub

Re: Terror attack at Westminster?

Post by Matt_B » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:00 pm

DPrinny wrote:to bad the ones that deserved to be injured/killed where safe inside Parliament (or overseas, urgh damn politicians)
Obviously not all of them, as Tobias Ellwood MP was seen to give first aid to the dying policeman.

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24850
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: Terror attack at Westminster?

Post by DPrinny » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:10 pm

Thats one out of meany,

User avatar
Matt_B
Posts: 5447
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:30 am
Location: 5 minutes from the beach, 30 seconds from the pub

Re: Terror attack at Westminster?

Post by Matt_B » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:12 pm

DPrinny wrote:Thats one out of meany,
Yeah, but it at least shows us that they're not all self-serving cowards all of the time.

User avatar
Negative Creep
Posts: 3842
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:59 am
Location: Rochester, Kent

Re: Terror attack at Westminster?

Post by Negative Creep » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:15 pm

Let me guess........history of mental illness, family had no idea he was being radicalised?
Image

User avatar
paranoid marvin
Posts: 14272
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:28 pm
Location: 21st Century Earth

Re: Terror attack at Westminster?

Post by paranoid marvin » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:45 pm

One of those situations which unfortunately can't be predicted or prevented very easily. As has been said, It's surprising that there haven't been similar instances of this in the uk. I would be surprised if we didn't see every policeman in London with a firearm. I have to be honest, it really surprises me that there are currently police so close to Westminster that don't have guns.
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

User avatar
crusto
Posts: 5586
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: Terror attack at Westminster?

Post by crusto » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:56 pm

My 10 year old son was there today on a school outing. He was close by when this unfolded and heard everything clearly. Thankfully he's home, safe and putting his typical brave face on it all. But I can tell hes been shook up by it and it's something hes never going to forget. When I saw the breaking news I felt physically sick with fear, and helpless to boot.

No more resource etc should be wasted trying to prevent this sort of thing, it simply wont work. These bastards only understand brutality, lets provide some. I suggest rounding up as many as possible and treating them to a slow, painful death. That fecker from today should be strung up outside of parliament and left to rot, as an example to any others who have ideas of doing something similar.
Image

Eat your nans pants

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests