A very late run down for myself regarding this years event, I've been ill with post expo lurgy (as per normal) and have been away on holiday.
Entry was smooth again
, the staff handled everything nicely and as soon as the doors opened everyone was quickly ushered inside
Retro section has regained its atmosphere
! I think putting those barriers up around it definitely helped as it didn't feel like you were sat in a barren wasteland this year
Great selection of consoles to play
- we spent the majority of time playing Mashed on the xbox when we wanted a quick break from everything else
Arcade selection was great
- Midnight Resistance YAY!!!!
Although I was slightly gutted that Hard Drivin wasn't available this year
A general better use space
- It didn't feel like you were going to be crushed constantly
Better market layout
- Although I didn't buy a huge amount this year, the market was a lot more pleasant as it was spaced better
- Fun as always with a good amount of seating for when you want to enjoy a quick pint and rest weary legs
were reasonable as far as an expo goes
As normal I spent most of Saturday meeting with people, was great meeting up with the usual suspects
Lets start with the big one from me...
Car parking at Event City
- What the hell happened on Sunday?! (I walked from the hotel on Saturday so I can't comment on that day)
The staff told me I had to park over at the Trafford Centre and Play Expo visitors were not allowed on the Event City parking section, no explanation would be given despite me asking why.
- Yes I know the Trafford centre is across the way but the selection onsite was dire. If you were a vegetarian you were buggered full stop (My mate is a vegetarian)
- In the way it was delivered it should not have been on stage, there was zero organisation so people would sit there for a good 5 minutes choosing a track (god knows how long it would have taken if they actually had any DLC) I've hosted Rock Band 3 parties in years gone by and what you do is generate interest and carry a printed song list for people to choose from so you can throw together set-lists. This probably only bothered me mind
- Why oh why did you use UT 2K4? The machines clearly couldn't run the game and it was a stuttery mess, please bring back good old UT 99 next time
That's about it this year, It was overall a much more pleasant event than last year, all the major issues from last year were ironed out, I'll definitely be returning next year