New Rogue One Trailer

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

tachi

Re: New Rogue One Trailer

Post by tachi » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:31 pm

Avoiding all trailers etc but very much looking forward to this as will be nice to see non-Jedi for a change in the SW world.
Greetings Mortal, Are You Ready To Die?

Jimmy Corkhill

Post by Jimmy Corkhill » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:44 pm

Big Shoes

Post by Big Shoes » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:05 am

Got tickets for the 12.05am IMAX 3D first showing, can't wait!

Big Shoes

Post by Big Shoes » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:21 am

Well the film was awesome, the special effects were amazing, the story was great and the cast was spot on. I will have to go and see it again!

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:48 am

Good to hear. Tickets booked for 5:30 tonight, passed on the midnight showing as we've other stuff on this week. Managed to avoid spoilers for this one, really don't know much about it.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:16 pm

The second half was better than the first half, it didn't amaze me as much as force awakens did though.
Splink!

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:13 am

First half did seem rushed. Enjoyed it, but agree it's not as good as Ep 7 on first viewing. Better than Eps 1-3 though. Some good stuff in there, K-2SO is the highlight, he fits right in. Saying no more right now to avoid spoilers. Need to see it again to take it all in properly, whenever there was a nod to the OT my mind would wander off thinking about that - I'm not sure what some characters even said in certain scenes.
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

mrmessy

Post by mrmessy » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:26 am

Very enjoyable but a little confusing to start with (I couldn't keep track of all the names), so I will need to see it again now I know who they were talking about. I didn't enjoy it as much as Episode 7 on the first watching though. It is more of a gritty story, is the best way I can think to describe it. I enjoyed spotting familiar faces from Episode 4 towards the end, and the way the final scene could be followed on directly by the opening scene of Episode 4. Neat!
'79:Micro5500> '83:Spec(48K)> '84:Spec+(kit)> '86:Spec128> '88:ST> '90:A500> '93:A1200> '93:SNES> '95:PS1> '99:PC> '02:PS2> '05:Xbox> '12:X360> '14:PS4... XboxLive:messy73, PSN:mrmessy73, YouTube:mrmessyschannel

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:31 pm

Too many characters, too overcomplicated a plot. One of the great things about the original trilogy is that the plot was always simple and easy to understand.

Having said that, some very enjoyable scenes, great to see some familiar faces as well - and a brilliant droid. Great ending as well, the right ending in all ways.

******spoiler?******

The bit with Darth in his 'bath' reminded me very much of Snoke in Force Awakens. Smoke is the evil part of Darth's Force?
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

crusto

Post by crusto » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:34 am

I really enjoyed it. Only thing that spoiled it for me was the picture. I watched it in real 3d at my local cineworld, the 3d effect was underwhelming and the picture was way too dark. I might go and watch it again in imax, or just hang on for the 4k blu-ray release :D

Eat your nans pants

Jimmy Corkhill

Post by Jimmy Corkhill » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:56 pm

The Force Awakens completely ripped off nearly every aspect of 'A New Hope', cannot believe how lightly that film has gotten off, when compared to 'The Phantom Menace'.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:54 pm

Those two bear no comparison. Ep 1 is half a good film. Little Annie, midichlorians and Jar-Jar unfortunately outweighed all the good bits, even Darth Maul couldn't save it. Ep 7 may be a rehash, but so was Ep 6 and both of those felt more like a Star Wars movie than Ep1 ever did.

ianpmarks

Post by ianpmarks » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:02 pm

Here's the difference as I see it.
Episode 1 was god awful and needs burying in the Nevada desert. Then let's never speak of the first three prequels again. Episode 7 was great. It felt and looked like Star Wars and it entertained and excited me for its duration. It contained no bad child actors, no racist CGI characters, half the film wasn't about trade embargos and Darth Vader didn't build any droids in it. It did however have old characters who were still great, as well as new characters I was interested and cared about.

There's no comparison really.

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:10 pm

This is what I think should happen. Disney to admit that the first films i-iii were utter garbage and that they're going to do them again properly.

Well obviously they can't do that, but there's nothing to stop them remaking or rebooting them. Keep the pod race, Darth maul and the beginnings of the Empire that were all pretty good and reimagine the rest. The only person who would dislike this is Lucas, and I guess it depends what's in the contract they agreed.
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

crusto

Post by crusto » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:28 pm

^ Yeh and Natalie Portman must stay too.

Ffffffffoxy lady

Eat your nans pants