Alcohol linked to at least 7 cancers

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Sephiroth81

Re: Alcohol linked to at least 7 cancers

Post by Sephiroth81 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:21 pm

aztecca wrote:Maybe sharia law would be a good thing in this country then? ban alcohol, ban pork if it gives you cancer.I bet two much anal bumming gives you cancer too so that sharia law would wipe cancer out pretty much.
Who said anything about banning alcohol?

And check you out with your big fancy political-newsy phrases like "sharia law"!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:22 pm

aztecca wrote:Maybe sharia law would be a good thing in this country then? ban alcohol, ban pork if it gives you cancer.I bet two much anal bumming gives you cancer too so that sharia law would wipe cancer out pretty much.
Nar it gives some people something worse

RUBBER UP GUYS!!

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:25 pm

How dare you ruin my sensible and topical thread with juvenile and puerile remarks! :x :P

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:37 pm

Sephiroth81 wrote:How dare you ruin my sensible and topical thread with juvenile and puerile remarks! :x :P

Yes because this thread wasnt created as bait for people was it :roll: Whats the matter not been getting enough attention :wink:
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:38 pm

Sephiroth81 wrote:How dare you ruin my sensible and topical thread with juvenile and puerile remarks! :x :P

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:43 pm

aztecca wrote:
Yes because this thread wasnt created as bait for people was it :roll: Whats the matter not been getting enough attention :wink:
You're beginning to sound bitter and paranoid. I'm sorry you have to be like that.

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:47 pm

I honestly believe this country would be a much nicer place if we banned alcohol, but accept there is no way it could ever happen. Nothing wrong with the occasional drink, but I've seen the way it can all too easily ruin lives

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:49 pm

Sephiroth81 wrote:
aztecca wrote:
You're beginning to sound bitter and paranoid. I'm sorry you have to be like that.
Probably all the cannabis I abused in my youth thats made me like that And you dont have to feel sorry for me either.Im sure when/if you have kids an grow up and have to live in the real world your dippy hippy view of the world will change.

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:52 pm

Negative Creep wrote:I honestly believe this country would be a much nicer place if we banned alcohol, but accept there is no way it could ever happen. Nothing wrong with the occasional drink, but I've seen the way it can all too easily ruin lives
Yeah, and I haven't at any point called for it to be banned as it would be just unfeasible, plus i fundamentally believe people should be allowed to consume recreational drugs, as its their body and judgement (even if there are consequences). Prohibition is futile.
aztecca wrote:
Probably all the cannabis I abused in my youth thats made me like that And you dont have to feel sorry for me either.Im sure when/if you have kids an grow up and have to live in the real world your dippy hippy view of the world will change.
Unprovoked, random personal attack and pointless vitriol. You need to get over it. If I wind you up or seem a waste of space because of different opinions, put me on ignore, like I have done to a couple of others in the past week. You really mean absolutely nothing to me and are a non-entity, I see no reason why I can't be the same to you.

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:16 pm

There is a lot to be said for legalising drugs: they would be safer, puts the dealers out of business, reduces the incentive for crime and means they could be taxed. But no government would ever do it since it would be electoral suicide

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:40 pm

Negative Creep wrote:There is a lot to be said for legalising drugs: they would be safer, puts the dealers out of business, reduces the incentive for crime and means they could be taxed. But no government would ever do it since it would be electoral suicide
Hasn't Portugal at least de-criminalised ALL drugs? And for well over a decade now. Overdose deaths have hugely reduced as a result, and are much lower than in most countries in Europe, the UK included.

The war on drugs in the UK is a failure, and ultimately has been made a joke of, considering the biggest drug dealer of all is the UK government with sales of alcohol and tobacco (making billions in tax revenues), and resulting deaths of tens of thousands every year minimum.

oli_lar

Post by oli_lar » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:47 pm

Sephiroth81 wrote:
DPrinny wrote:Everything can be linked to giving cancer.
It seems that way sometimes but....no.
It literally is though, simply put cancer is the degradation of DNA and so the instructions for how a cell normally operates. It can happen to cells in complete homeostasis over their lifespan, but typically is triggered by exposure to various chemicals. All you can do is manage the risk of exposure and balance it with leading a normal life/enjoying it.

Cancer rates are increasing because of increased exposure to a higher volume and diversity of chemicals (typically man made) in day to day life.

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:55 pm

oli_lar wrote:
It literally is though, simply put cancer is the degradation of DNA and so the instructions for how a cell normally operates. It can happen to cells in complete homeostasis over their lifespan, but typically is triggered by exposure to various chemicals. All you can do is manage the risk of exposure and balance it with leading a normal life/enjoying it.

Cancer rates are increasing because of increased exposure to a higher volume and diversity of chemicals (typically man made) in day to day life.
Fair enough! I yield to your expertise in this area - and I agree its about striking a healthy balance. Clearly though there are also plenty of ways to enjoy yourself with or without external "substances", be it alcohol or anything else. And of course, there are many other substances that are not as harmful as alcohol so a very reasonable compromise can be met (or even superior experience), and even have many medicinal benefits and combats cancer cell growth, with very little side effects if consumed properly.

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:58 pm

Sephiroth81 wrote:
aztecca wrote:
Unprovoked, random personal attack and pointless vitriol. You need to get over it. If I wind you up or seem a waste of space because of different opinions, put me on ignore, like I have done to a couple of others in the past week. You really mean absolutely nothing to me and are a non-entity, I see no reason why I can't be the same to you.
Not a personal attack at all.It is just my belief/opinion of what I believe will happen to yourself.I have nothing to "get over".You are the one saying you are a waste of space. Im sorry to here I mean nothing to you and I'm a non entity. However will I get to sleep tonight knowing that? :roll:

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:05 pm

aztecca wrote:
Not a personal attack at all.It is just my belief/opinion of what I believe will happen to yourself.I have nothing to "get over".You are the one saying you are a waste of space. Im sorry to here I mean nothing to you and I'm a non entity. However will I get to sleep tonight knowing that? :roll:
Not everyone ends up jaded and cynical like you aztecca after a certain age or procreating! To suggest that there are no like-minded people who happen to also be parents is absurd.

I just don't understand why you hang around my posts like a bad smell and troll. Its just a bit weird, especially for someone who is supposedly grown up and is a parent :wink: