New competition coming up - Round 2!

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

DPrinny

Re: New competition coming up

Post by DPrinny » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:10 pm

sscott wrote:It'll take a week or two to sort out attic so will update then. I can still walk and stuff fine but the room is no longer being used and everything is gathering dust.
Id offer help shifting stuff, but distance is a prig

tachi

Post by tachi » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:14 am

My mum has terrible rheumatoid arthritis and have seen how crippling it can be :cry:
How you feel better dude.
Greetings Mortal, Are You Ready To Die?

sscott

Post by sscott » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:10 am

Loft ladder being fixed this week. But damaged after 13 yrs. Felgekarp doesn't know it yet but he'll be helping me sort out consoles, computers and cables.
There will be two prize draws over 2 weeks. Should start week after next. Systems are fully working and will come with 2-3 games each. The Gx4000 is the Star prize with burnin rubber and Operation Thunderbolt.
Many of these systems were bought in the early days and cost me little.
Gx4000
Sony MSX
Sega Saturn
Videopac
NES
Master System mk 1 all up for grabs! :)

P&P free.

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:23 am

Mate, its amazing that you will be giving away some of your collection. However the circumstances that have lead to this are very sad. I still remember watching your YT video when you first got your virtual boy and feeling jealous. Arthritis is a fucker it really is, my dad is 65 and both his hands look like he has rocks under the skin. He takes pills and gets injections under the skin however its only a matter of time before he will no longer be able to use the machines in his workshop. I guess time is starting to catch up with us all :( Lets face it the government will want us all to work until we are 70+, god know what state we will all be in by then :!: :!:
As for the consoles, speaking as a GX4000 owner with an almost full set of games, then I want the MSX :D
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

sscott

Post by sscott » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:46 am

rocky1980 wrote:Mate, its amazing that you will be giving away some of your collection. However the circumstances that have lead to this are very sad. I still remember watching your YT video when you first got your virtual boy and feeling jealous. Arthritis is a fucker it really is, my dad is 65 and both his hands look like he has rocks under the skin. He takes pills and gets injections under the skin however its only a matter of time before he will no longer be able to use the machines in his workshop. I guess time is starting to catch up with us all :( Lets face it the government will want us all to work until we are 70+, god know what state we will all be in by then :!: :!:
As for the consoles, speaking as a GX4000 owner with an almost full set of games, then I want the MSX :D
Cheers for understanding mate! Hope to work until 50 myself. That would.mean mortgage is paid of but who knows?

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:37 am

Well done mate, nice to see there's some love left in this place. :D
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:09 am

Arthritis is a bummer :cry:

My dad has it in his hands and he struggles playing on his megadrive now. His DS gets some use when he has a good day though.

My wife also has it I one knee. She fell and smashed her knee on when she was heavily pregnant which did not help it one bit. Did not help that for two years the doctor misdiagnosed it as something else. She only found out when the nurse looked at her X-ray and told her she had arthritis in her knee and that she could of had meds for it over the preceding two years.

To say she was not happy was an understatement.

Man it will bring back many memories just looking through everything. I sometimes just like looking at everything I have and thinking about the good times of when I got everything.

TheDude18

Post by TheDude18 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:40 am

By all means chuck my name in the hat, your last competition was very generous and great fun, even the missus enjoyed the YouTube video. More importantly though, I hope your health improves. I know little of Arthritis bar a work colleague who was riddled and had to emigrate (Spain I believe) where his quality of life vastly improved. Sadly at my age (I'm hitting 4 0 this year) that's all I seem to hear about is mates of mine being unwell or being diagnosed with something!

As for questions, I think it should be a 'nearest to' question where only you will know that answer to (like the previous how long are my cables? suggestion)
e.g. if all my GX 4000 games were lined up end to end (length ways) then what would be the total length?

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:20 pm

tachi wrote:My mum has terrible rheumatoid arthritis and have seen how crippling it can be :cry:
Sounds like what my mum has

She uses something called a Tens machine (straps on leg) and it stops for a while

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:48 pm

DPrinny wrote:
tachi wrote:My mum has terrible rheumatoid arthritis and have seen how crippling it can be :cry:
Sounds like what my mum has

She uses something called a Tens machine (straps on leg) and it stops for a while
I have reumatoid arthritis myself and it is debilitating sometimes.Not just the pain when I have a "flare up" the extreme tiredness that is part of it can completely wipe me out.Luckily the 8 pills and weekly injection I take seem to be doing the trick at the minute.I do a full time manual job but have no idea how long I will be able to do that.I never new till I was diagnosed that there are over 200 types of arthritis. I tip my hat to sscott as I know his is 1000 times worse than my arthritis. Somedays if I play on my console for more than an hour my hands are in bits.

Fair play to sscott doing the comp its super generous.
Last edited by aztecca on Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

skodathegreat

Post by skodathegreat » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:14 pm

Sorry to hear you are struggling, I can't imagine what its like.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:28 am

aztecca wrote: I have reumatoid arthritis myself and it is debilitating sometimes.Not just the pain when I have a "flare up" the extreme tiredness that is part of it can completely wipe me out.Luckily the 8 pills and weekly injection I take seem to be doing the trick at the minute.I do a full time manual job but have no idea how long I will be able to do that.I never new till I was diagnosed that there are over 200 types of arthritis. I tip my hat to sscott as I know his is 1000 times worse than my arthritis. Somedays if I play on my console for more than an hour my hands are in bits.

Fair play to sscott doing the comp its super generous.

Ive read that Yoga is good for it
JOIN US!!!
DO DPP YRG!!!

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:41 pm

This getting old thing really sucks. I think its safe to say a lots of us here are in our 30's / 40's and we are all falling to bits. I myself have a chronic condition that has 'flare ups' all the doctors can do is give me pain killers :( I keep remembering back to my late teens and early 20's when everything worked and worked well. At one point I was working full time and going out 7 nights a week !
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

sscott

Post by sscott » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:21 pm

First draw next Sunday. NES and Saturn to go.

The question. What was my birth weight? In pounds and ounces please!

Closest wins! Have fun everyone! Everyone over 100 posts is welcome to pitch!
http://www.nass.co.uk if you want to find out more about my condition!

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:47 pm

7 pounds 7 ounces
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords