When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

How did you vote in the EU referendum?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:43 pm

I voted to STAY IN
49%
I voted to LEAVE
39%
I drew a large penis on the voting slip (or similar)
5%
I did not vote
7%

Total votes: 61

DPrinny

Re: EU in or out? Today's THE day

Post by DPrinny » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:23 pm

Im sure Obama and ofher presidents trumpt in the white house

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:30 pm

More money wiped off the value of the FTSE in one day than we've paid into the EU in 40 years. Nice work everyone. Am I the only one who thinks these people who are saying 'this is just a temporary financial instability, it'll pass' are like the captain of the Titanic saying after this ship hit the iceberg 'the gallons of freezing water rushing into your cabins is just a temporary thing' but neglecting to say the reason it's only temporary is because, technically it'll stop happening when the boats completely submerged. Unfortunately by that point everyone will have drowned, but the boat will not be unstable any more, it'll be nice and secure. At the bottom of the fecking ocean.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:34 pm

Treguard wrote:More money wiped off the value of the FTSE in one day than we've paid into the EU in 40 years. Nice work everyone. Am I the only one who thinks these people who are saying 'this is just a temporary financial instability, it'll pass' are like the captain of the Titanic saying after this ship hit the iceberg 'the gallons of freezing water rushing into your cabins is just a temporary thing' but neglecting to say the reason it's only temporary is because, technically it'll stop happening when the boats completely submerged. Unfortunately by that point everyone will have drowned, but the boat will not be unstable any more, it'll be nice and secure. At the bottom of the fecking ocean.
I was going to buy some 2600 homebrew off Atari age next payday

Seeing the cost now ill give it a mis

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:35 pm

Treguard wrote:More money wiped off the value of the FTSE in one day than we've paid into the EU in 40 years. Nice work everyone. Am I the only one who thinks these people who are saying 'this is just a temporary financial instability, it'll pass' are like the captain of the Titanic saying after this ship hit the iceberg 'the gallons of freezing water rushing into your cabins is just a temporary thing' but neglecting to say the reason it's only temporary is because, technically it'll stop happening when the boats completely submerged. Unfortunately by that point everyone will have drowned, but the boat will not be unstable any more, it'll be nice and secure. At the bottom of the fecking ocean.
Cameron's out though, so it was worth it :)

Bluce_Ree

Post by Bluce_Ree » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:53 pm

I voted remain but seeing the mewling SJW pricks abusing everyone who voted leave and talking about how the world is literally about to end, I'm kind of pleased that England did the very English thing of making this happen. It's so old school English that I kind of admire it. I mean look, Scotland didn't have the balls to leave the UK and they hate the English. We leave the EU and nobody even really cared that much either way.

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:06 pm

Rayne wrote:
In any other circumstance, I'd be jumping for joy. But the mop-headed Boris substitute doesn't fill me with confidence.

But yea, its quite good Cameron (and surely Gideon Osbourne) is gone.

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:14 pm

Its not like is a complete unheard of precedent.

112bn worth of shares were wiped out in the beginning of the year due to the scare over chinas economy and oil prices.

in 2008 alone it deopped by between 6-7pc on about half a dozen occasions and at least 8.8pc at least once.

It always happens when a big event occurs and is usually a temporary reaction. in fact the FTSE 100 has already had a 2pc recovery and is likely to finish the day at less than 3pc than it did yesterday.

Which funnily enough is recovereing better than the EU equivalents

Spains markey dropped by over 12pc and has shown no signs of recovering, France was 7.9pc and recovering even slower than us.

the markets have already been hit harder in the EU than ours.

English Invader

Post by English Invader » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:38 pm

DPrinny wrote: I was going to buy some 2600 homebrew off Atari age next payday

Seeing the cost now ill give it a mis
How does that work? I did a quick exchange-rate on Google and it's still more or less the same ($30 = £21.94). A little bit more but it doesn't break the bank.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:44 pm

Sephiroth81 wrote:
Rayne wrote:
In any other circumstance, I'd be jumping for joy. But the mop-headed Boris substitute doesn't fill me with confidence.

But yea, its quite good Cameron (and surely Gideon Osbourne) is gone.
Not gonna lie, I was just trolling. That being said, aside from our lady Nicola, I can't name you a single politician I respect enough to replace Cameron.

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:52 pm

SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:21 pm

I dont respect any politicians enough to replace the moron , as much as i dont respect any of them. Respect is so easily thrown at people with little done to deserve. I mean , many people seemed to respect Maggie Thatcher.
But then they also respect most fkwitted youtubing bellend $ and the dim semi famous squelchlings that clog up so called television.

You can replace cameron with any identikit scumbag from the whole lot. Anyone not resembling a besuited clone is lambasted as a clown and therefore ill deserving of a chance readily thrown at any one of the factory line poshnobs.

No im not sad to see him go , but there is nothing better anywhere to stick in there.which is even sadder.

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:31 pm

I think Cameron should look on the bright side.

He'll probably go down in history now as the worst PM since Eden, but at least the thing he'll be remembered most for isn't sticking his tool in a pig any more. :wink:

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:43 pm

I dont think we should let it be forgotten so easily. Fig pucking birty dastard.

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:44 pm

Matt_B wrote: He'll probably go down in history now as the worst PM since Eden, but at least the thing he'll be remembered most for isn't sticking his tool in a pig any more. :wink:
For sure.
He fought a campaign armed with most of the government and opposition, the banks, world leaders everywhere, businessmen both big and small, economic experts from all quarters, everything but the Cheap MDF rubbish sink ... and lost against a squad of political figures that make the Mystery Men look positively world class.

The pig is just a bonus.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:04 pm

RodimusPrime wrote:

Its not like is a complete unheard of precedent.

112bn worth of shares were wiped out in the beginning of the year due to the scare over chinas economy and oil prices.

in 2008 alone it deopped by between 6-7pc on about half a dozen occasions and at least 8.8pc at least once.

It always happens when a big event occurs and is usually a temporary reaction. in fact the FTSE 100 has already had a 2pc recovery and is likely to finish the day at less than 3pc than it did yesterday.

Which funnily enough is recovereing better than the EU equivalents

Spains markey dropped by over 12pc and has shown no signs of recovering, France was 7.9pc and recovering even slower than us.

the markets have already been hit harder in the EU than ours.
This isn't the usual thing though. I work in international brokerage, have been doing for about a decade, and I'm telling you this is unprecedented. I couldn't get a bank to give me an exchange rate until nearly 11, and then it wasn't guaranteed for more than five minutes. I've got major American companies refusing to quote any UK business. Even in 2008 that never happened. And the scariest part is there is no plan for what to do next. Gordon Brown, whether you loved him or hated him (and lets be honest he was pretty unlovable), at least he had an idea and took swift decisive action. People can argue whether what he did was right as much as they want, he did something. But right now, we've got a prime minister who's basically come out and said 'Welp, you guys have made a real mess of this. Balls to it all. I'm off to see if I can remember which pub I left my kids in', and young Gideon is massively conspicuous by his absence. Until sometime speaks up it's not going to get any better. The FTSE rallied slightly before it closed, on people with spare cash pitching in to buy up some of the falling stocks, but there's no evidence there's going to be any future appetite for it or even the money to do it if there was. And yeah the European exchanges were down as a percentage more than the FTSE, but they're nowhere near the same size, so a smaller fall in fiduciary terms will still look like a bigger percentage drop. The DAX has a cap of around a thousand billion Euros, the FTSE is around two trillion pounds.