When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

How did you vote in the EU referendum?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:43 pm

I voted to STAY IN
49%
I voted to LEAVE
39%
I drew a large penis on the voting slip (or similar)
5%
I did not vote
7%

Total votes: 61

killbot

Re: EU in or out? Today's THE day

Post by killbot » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:47 pm

RodimusPrime wrote:
killbot wrote:Can I just reiterate again that nobody has asked for foster families to come forward for these kids, nor are any required since they all have family here. So this 'well you wouldn't have them in your house' stuff is total strawmanning that's completely irrelevant.
nearly as irrelevant as saying you would take them in if you could, and then making excuses why you can;t.

Ok, you and Seph can't. Surely you both have a large circle of friends and family who see it the same way as you. Have any of them offered, have you approached them, have you offered to help them if they take it on.

Or is the total sum of your actions just coming on to a forum telling everyone they should be helping but you can't, because you know, excuses and stuff.
I'm not arguing that anybody should feel obliged to take refugees into their homes. I'm arguing that the government should be homing, clothing and feeding them, and using our tax money to do it. So everybody pulls together and helps.

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:24 pm

killbot wrote:
RodimusPrime wrote:
killbot wrote:Can I just reiterate again that nobody has asked for foster families to come forward for these kids, nor are any required since they all have family here. So this 'well you wouldn't have them in your house' stuff is total strawmanning that's completely irrelevant.
nearly as irrelevant as saying you would take them in if you could, and then making excuses why you can;t.

Ok, you and Seph can't. Surely you both have a large circle of friends and family who see it the same way as you. Have any of them offered, have you approached them, have you offered to help them if they take it on.

Or is the total sum of your actions just coming on to a forum telling everyone they should be helping but you can't, because you know, excuses and stuff.
I'm not arguing that anybody should feel obliged to take refugees into their homes. I'm arguing that the government should be homing, clothing and feeding them, and using our tax money to do it. So everybody pulls together and helps.
And the argument against that is to let those who want to help use their own money and resources instead of using the collective money we all pay into to run OUR society for OUR people. Not everybody wants to "pull together and help" with the world's woes to the extent you do.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:09 am

Those that want to help actually help. The rest is just armchair pontification whilst doing precisely jack censored to help remedy the situation whilst justifying not apparently being able to help but at least I'm voting for the guys that would do it properly.

Thin air.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:28 am

I'm locking this thread for a while. I'll open it again when everyone's calmed down a bit.