Does this photo appeal to anyone here?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

User avatar
Sega2006
Posts: 6228
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:29 pm
Location: Stevenage

Post by Sega2006 » Tue May 15, 2007 3:53 pm

Ive skinned myself many a Time, I even went into hysterics once from the shock. The Nearset Doctor surgery was literally next to where I crashed but they refused even a tissue to mop up the arge amout of blood trickling down my arms and face
Watching you sleep since 1990

User avatar
Xesh
Posts: 1245
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:50 pm
Location: Canterbury, Kent

Post by Xesh » Thu May 17, 2007 3:28 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:
Sega2006 wrote:Wouldnt mind taking my faithful Saracen somwhere like that
He doesn't mind a bit of outdoors action then? ;)
Is that with or without Little John? :lol:

User avatar
Sega2006
Posts: 6228
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:29 pm
Location: Stevenage

Post by Sega2006 » Thu May 17, 2007 3:46 pm

Urrgh, you dirty gits. My bikes now pissed me off by deciding to stick on 2 worn out gears
Watching you sleep since 1990

Mozart
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 7:31 pm

Re: Does this photo appeal to anyone here?

Post by Mozart » Thu May 17, 2007 4:52 pm

rossi46 wrote:
The very fact that I discovered this 'secret' trail literally 5 minutes from my front door almost makes want to wee with excitement.
How do you cycle down that path without knocking your head on the trees? It looks tighter than the second to last level in Rocket Raid!
Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death ... I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing

User avatar
Sega2006
Posts: 6228
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:29 pm
Location: Stevenage

Post by Sega2006 » Thu May 17, 2007 4:54 pm

Very carefully
Watching you sleep since 1990

User avatar
rossi46
Posts: 4348
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:14 pm
Location: melrose
Contact:

Re: Does this photo appeal to anyone here?

Post by rossi46 » Thu May 17, 2007 4:58 pm

Mozart wrote:[

How do you cycle down that path without knocking your head on the trees? It looks tighter than the second to last level in Rocket Raid!
It's fast and swoopy singletrack and it opens out to a great (but too short)little descent onto boring double track. I was back there tonight to venture a bit further up the trail, but it doesn't lead anywhere exciting, unfortunately.
Thoughts and prayers.

Mozart
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 7:31 pm

Re: Does this photo appeal to anyone here?

Post by Mozart » Thu May 17, 2007 5:08 pm

rossi46 wrote:
Mozart wrote:[

How do you cycle down that path without knocking your head on the trees? It looks tighter than the second to last level in Rocket Raid!
It's fast and swoopy singletrack and it opens out to a great (but too short)little descent onto boring double track. I was back there tonight to venture a bit further up the trail, but it doesn't lead anywhere exciting, unfortunately.
Well make sure you tell someone where you're going, just in case :D
Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death ... I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing

User avatar
rossi46
Posts: 4348
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:14 pm
Location: melrose
Contact:

Post by rossi46 » Thu May 17, 2007 5:18 pm

Thanks for the tip. :wink:
Thoughts and prayers.

Mozart
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 7:31 pm

Post by Mozart » Thu May 17, 2007 5:40 pm

rossi46 wrote:Thanks for the tip. :wink:
hehehehe :D

This public information message brought to you by Mozart and his bureaucratic friends at the H&SE :)
Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death ... I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing

User avatar
Xesh
Posts: 1245
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:50 pm
Location: Canterbury, Kent

Post by Xesh » Fri May 18, 2007 8:08 pm

Sega2006 wrote:Urrgh, you dirty gits. My bikes now pissed me off by deciding to stick on 2 worn out gears
Yeah. We're all a bunch of dirty old men. :P :lol:

And you should change your chain more often. :roll:

User avatar
paranoid marvin
Posts: 14272
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:28 pm
Location: 21st Century Earth

Post by paranoid marvin » Fri May 18, 2007 9:02 pm

Wonder if there's any old porn mags dumped down there?
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

User avatar
Sega2006
Posts: 6228
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:29 pm
Location: Stevenage

Post by Sega2006 » Sat May 19, 2007 8:20 am

Xesh wrote:
Sega2006 wrote:Urrgh, you dirty gits. My bikes now pissed me off by deciding to stick on 2 worn out gears
Yeah. We're all a bunch of dirty old men. :P :lol:

And you should change your chain more often. :roll:
Its not the chain, I got it checked a while ago, its the rear derailleur. A while ago so w@nker planted a bmx in it, damaging it. The Chain got replaced over a year ago as did the whole gear set, due to a design flaw the Higher Gears wear out faster than normal, and considering I use it nearly every day it gets a lot of wear
Watching you sleep since 1990

User avatar
Xesh
Posts: 1245
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:50 pm
Location: Canterbury, Kent

Post by Xesh » Sat May 19, 2007 7:40 pm

Sega2006 wrote:Its not the chain, I got it checked a while ago, its the rear derailleur. A while ago so w@nker planted a bmx in it, damaging it. The Chain got replaced over a year ago as did the whole gear set, due to a design flaw the Higher Gears wear out faster than normal, and considering I use it nearly every day it gets a lot of wear
If you use your bike every day you should be changing the chain every 6 months or so. It's not a design flaw that the higher gears wear out faster. It's the fact that the load is taken up by less teeth than in the lower gears so they wear out faster. Have you had your derailleur hanger checked for alignment? It might not look bent but it only takes a deflection of 1mm to make the gears play up. There's a special tool used to check the alignment and not all bike shops have it. Also if you gear hanger is removable it might be easier to replace it. Cost for that part is around £8-15 depending on type. :)

davrho
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:37 am

Post by davrho » Sat May 19, 2007 7:41 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:Does it have chainsaw wielding hppded maniacs running through it at night? Looks like its creepy after dark.
Nearly pissed myself. Quality

User avatar
Sega2006
Posts: 6228
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:29 pm
Location: Stevenage

Post by Sega2006 » Sun May 20, 2007 6:44 am

Xesh wrote:
Sega2006 wrote:Its not the chain, I got it checked a while ago, its the rear derailleur. A while ago so w@nker planted a bmx in it, damaging it. The Chain got replaced over a year ago as did the whole gear set, due to a design flaw the Higher Gears wear out faster than normal, and considering I use it nearly every day it gets a lot of wear
If you use your bike every day you should be changing the chain every 6 months or so. It's not a design flaw that the higher gears wear out faster. It's the fact that the load is taken up by less teeth than in the lower gears so they wear out faster. Have you had your derailleur hanger checked for alignment? It might not look bent but it only takes a deflection of 1mm to make the gears play up. There's a special tool used to check the alignment and not all bike shops have it. Also if you gear hanger is removable it might be easier to replace it. Cost for that part is around £8-15 depending on type. :)
Its in the right alignment, its just bent. I wasnt aware of the Chain needing replacing, so when Ive got the dosh I will get them to order one as I dont think they stock a 8 speed chain. I I get them to change it I usely get my gears adjusted as well so It should be put right. I dont think the hanger is removable, It appears to be all one part as its an Average Shimano set. Its a shame my warranty run out
Watching you sleep since 1990

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests