Metallica and Guns & Roses records with different covers

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

Shinobi

Metallica and Guns & Roses records with different covers

Post by Shinobi » Thu May 19, 2016 2:27 pm

Well I binned most of my heavy metal records but these 2 survived problem is when I google them they have different covers..

Guns & Roses Appitite for destruction my cover has a woman being raped by a robot dressed as a nazi and has lots of Swazitka's over the wall, the newer cover has a cross with skulls..

Peace Sells but who's buying my cover has the Metallica Mascot(skeleton with nailed on iron glAsses) crushing a dove in its hand with lots of blood...

These are the original eighties releases are the covers to politically incorrect would they be worth money can't stand Heavy Metal these day so will probably bin them if not..
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

thingonaspring

Re: Metallica and Guns & Roses records with different covers

Post by thingonaspring » Thu May 19, 2016 2:41 pm

Last edited by thingonaspring on Thu May 19, 2016 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Hardest of All Freds

Post by The Hardest of All Freds » Thu May 19, 2016 2:41 pm

The GnR LP is the withdrawn "Rape" cover and does command a higher price. Worth punting on eBay. Or posting to me :)
Going Solo...................

Grizzly

Post by Grizzly » Thu May 19, 2016 5:24 pm

Peace sells was by Megadeth matey.
I write for...
Check us out for news, reviews and features on the blackest of consoles.Image

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Thu May 19, 2016 5:57 pm

The G n R lp goes for between £10-£30 on ebay depending on mintiness Steve.I have the version with the cross on the front also have the cross tattoed on my arm.Greatest lp ever Imo.
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Thu May 19, 2016 7:36 pm

I have the GnR one, I was amazed the guy I bought it from didnt realise what it was given the prices he'd asked for other stuff.

I'd ebay it, just make sure you have some proper stiff cardboard to put around it to post as I have had postal staff snap records in half to get them through my letter box.
Watching you sleep since 1990

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Thu May 19, 2016 8:12 pm

Thanks for the replies am really suprised over the Guns n Roses album wish I had kept me other Albums I know I had a few Cinderella, Iron Maiden, Poison, David Lee Roth, Gypsy Queen(unusual to have female heavy rock singers) and Megadeath's Justise for All.. My Parents still have they're original LP's original including first prints of every Beatles albums and the sew on Patch for Sarge Pepper.. I know I gave my Iron Maiden patches to you Sega Still have a Poison Patch hanging around the house pair of eye's crying not sure of the Album and Helloween faceless monk sew on patch will have to dig the out if you still want them for your jacket?
aztecca wrote:The G n R lp goes for between £10-£30 on ebay depending on mintiness Steve.I have the version with the cross on the front also have the cross tattoed on my arm.Greatest lp ever Imo.
I can't remember much about the album other than a song Axel Rose goes on a rant at somebody telling them to suck his old boy can't remember the story behind that song.. Still like 'Sweet Child of Mine' do you have a photo of that Tattoo Arran as I'm sure I remember your Fulchi Day of the Dead Tattoo are was that somebody else?
Last edited by Shinobi on Fri May 20, 2016 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Thu May 19, 2016 8:48 pm

I still need to post a photograph of that hoodie and the flannel shirt I've done to as well, if you find the patch shoot me a PM and I'll give you something towards it as I'm always patching the pair of them.
Watching you sleep since 1990

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Thu May 19, 2016 8:55 pm

Yeah have the zombi on my back mate.Think I posted a pic of it on here before.Just got the gnr cross with the skullheads on my arm.If I could work out how to get a photo off my phone uploaded to here I would show you a pic of it.

William S

Post by William S » Fri May 20, 2016 1:56 pm

Shinobi wrote:Peace Sells but who's buying my cover has the Mascot(skeleton with nailed on iron glAsses) crushing a dove in its hand with lots of blood...
Wait... What?
As a former Megadeth collector, I would be very interested in seeing some pictures of this.
There are close to 50 different pressings of Peace Sells, and none of them have an alternative cover.
It sounds like what you have is an undocumented bootleg. (Which is very exciting!)

How long have you owned the record?
Where did you buy it/get it from?
What is the vinyl matrix number?

Is this the cover?
ImageImageImage

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Fri May 20, 2016 3:30 pm

Shinobi wrote: and Megadeath's Justise for All..
You know Shin, I think your constant mixing up of Megadeth with Metallica is nearly as annoying as my mum referring to CDs as "tapes". :shock:
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Fri May 20, 2016 8:23 pm

The Beans wrote:
You know Shin, I think your constant mixing up of Megadeth with Metallica is nearly as annoying as my mum referring to CDs as "tapes". :shock:
Nothing is as annoying as my Mum using the phrase "on disc" for anything - DVD, CD, Blu Ray - it's just "on disc". Should be a new format really.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Sat May 21, 2016 6:23 am

Megamixer wrote:
The Beans wrote:
Nothing is as annoying as my Mum using the phrase "on disc" for anything - DVD, CD, Blu Ray - it's just "on disc". Should be a new format really.
My moms favourite is I have "videoed it".When I ask if she has watched a tv programme.That meaning anything from she recorded it on sky+ or she will watch it on catch up.

JazzFunk

Post by JazzFunk » Sat May 21, 2016 10:28 am

Ed Repka did a lot of Megadeth album art. He made my favourite LP cover *ever*:

I know it's a hip hop cover and I don't really like metal but metal album art is so damn cool and Ed Repka is amazing!!!!

merman

Post by merman » Sat May 21, 2016 4:39 pm

Yes, there are many examples of banned/altered cover art.
Aerosmith "Nine Lives" has two different covers, for example.

The original was considered offensive to Hindus and was replaced. I have the CD with the original art.
http://entertainment.time.com/2012/04/2 ... ine-lives/
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube