Bourbons Vs Custard Creams

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

Bourbons and Custard Creams...which is better?

Bourbons
32%
Custard Creams
53%
Cake
13%
I only eat Lettuce
3%

Total votes: 38

Treguard

Re: Bourbons Vs Custard Creams

Post by Treguard » Thu May 19, 2016 9:17 am

Analog wrote:I am struggling to remember ever eating a biscuit I don't like? maybe something with too much ginger? for the purposes of the poll, bourbons for me. also good call on coconut creams, I haven't had one of those in years. :)
Garibaldi's? A biscuit so crap it's not even banned by weightwatchers, because no-one in their right mind would choose to eat it?

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Thu May 19, 2016 10:39 am

Garibaldi just makes me think of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHMuSA63eoA

Analog

Post by Analog » Thu May 19, 2016 12:29 pm

Treguard wrote:
Analog wrote:I am struggling to remember ever eating a biscuit I don't like? maybe something with too much ginger? for the purposes of the poll, bourbons for me. also good call on coconut creams, I haven't had one of those in years. :)
Garibaldi's? A biscuit so crap it's not even banned by weightwatchers, because no-one in their right mind would choose to eat it?
seriously, I love garibaldi's as well. this thread has inspired me to get a plethora of biscuits for this weeks shopping. I think I might end up getting very fat :lol:

also has anyone tried these; http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/gro ... teacake-x8 and these;
http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/gro ... teacake-x8
it sounds sacrilegious, but i'm curious to know what it tastes like.

skodathegreat

Post by skodathegreat » Thu May 19, 2016 6:28 pm

Sputryk wrote: Or chocolate Viennese by Borders.
We have a winner!

Sputryk

Post by Sputryk » Thu May 19, 2016 11:51 pm

skodathegreat wrote:
Sputryk wrote: Or chocolate Viennese by Borders.
We have a winner!
:D :D 8)

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Fri May 20, 2016 3:37 pm

Does anybody like those titanium-hard Peanut Cookie things? They're the punishment biscuit. Somebody must eat them because they're a regular on the supermarket biccy shelves. I just wondered who they were and whether they've still got any teeth left after tackling a packet.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

sscott

Post by sscott » Fri May 20, 2016 4:09 pm

Anyone know how to block Megamixer ;)

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Fri May 20, 2016 8:22 pm

sscott wrote:Anyone know how to block Megamixer ;)
Do Bourbons offend you that much? :wink:

I'm quite chuffed that a totally random thread has generated it's third page actually. Doing my bit for the forum and all that. Coming soon: Carpets Vs Laminate Flooring: which is better?
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Fri May 20, 2016 8:59 pm

Megamixer wrote:
sscott wrote:Anyone know how to block Megamixer ;)
Do Bourbons offend you that much? :wink:

I'm quite chuffed that a totally random thread has generated it's third page actually. Doing my bit for the forum and all that. Coming soon: Carpets Vs Laminate Flooring: which is better?
The answer to that would obviously be ceramic tiles, because someone's always got to butt in with a third option. :D

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Sat May 21, 2016 2:48 am

Surprised no one has mentioned the mighty Oreo yet.

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Sat May 21, 2016 5:21 pm

silvergunner wrote:Surprised no one has mentioned the mighty Oreo yet.
That pretender! It never tastes of very much - I can't understand the attraction of it. People even make cheesecakes and milkshakes out of it.

JazzFunk

Post by JazzFunk » Sat May 21, 2016 5:50 pm

Oh, I forgot. I discovered these last year. They are The Best Biscuit Ever. I haven't bought a pack for many moons, though...

But ONLY the originals. The copies are inferior, although some get quite close (Heron Foods were doing some nice rip-off versions earlier this year).
paranoid marvin wrote:Remember as a kid fighting to get the blue and green wrapped Penguins, even though I now know they tasted the same regardless of the colour!
Me too! The green one!!! Had to get it!!!! And it ALWAYS tasted like boring censored. Because it was STILL a bloody Penguin and Penguins were dull, crap, weak biscuits and the colours were there just to delude and confuse.

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Sun May 22, 2016 3:05 am

Katzkatz wrote:
That pretender! It never tastes of very much - I can't understand the attraction of it. People even make cheesecakes and milkshakes out of it.
I would agree with that, but strangely the mini ones you get in small tubs taste better.

I am partial to the good old Viscount.

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Sun May 22, 2016 7:53 am

They're the bisciut invader equivalent of the grey squirrel imo. The greedy grey squrrel was imported from the USA and has managed to thoroughly displace the lovely british red squirrel almost everywhere. The tasteless Oreo has done the same thing to Gypsy Creams (sadly extinct) and Romany Creams (almost extinct) and obviously has designs on the Custard Cream and Bourbon market.
If you buy Oreos the USA wins. Every time you buy an Oreo a liitle british biscuit fairy chokes to death and turns into dog poo that you step in and accidentally walk into the house.

Gypsy creams are a great loss to me. Not on the scale of Toast Toppers obviously but I feel pangs. Definite pangs.
For a while there was a Gypsy Cream that had orange flavour cream. Chocolate and orange are meant for each other in the same way cheese was always destined to cop off with onion and such a biscuit was a beautiful munch indeed. Alas, they seemed to be shortlived, killed by a corporate suit no doubt related to the hated Toast Topper destroyer. They're all the same clan of joykillers in my book. Meanwhile Fig Rolls roll on. Don't talk to me about justice.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Sun May 22, 2016 12:29 pm

The filling of an Oreo is unflavoured toothpaste whereas the biscuit could be considered chocolatey in the same way that they regard that impostor Hershey's as actually being chocolate.