Funstock and refunds

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

AceGrace

Funstock and refunds

Post by AceGrace » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:56 am

Has anyone had any problems or got the runaround from Funstock when asking for refunds?

I ordered a GPD XD 64gb on the 29th February. It was out of stock, due March 14th at the time.

That date came and went and just before Easter I was told the stock had landed in the country but due to Easter bank holidays, my order would be processed after.

Last week got an email saying that the stock was now due at the end of April.I decided to ask for a refund as I couldn't wait anymore.

I got told that I would have my money back on Tuesday this week due to system problems etc..

Nothing happened on Tuesday so chased and got told it would be Wednesday. Did not receive my refund yesterday as promised and have chased again.

I am beginning to feel like I am being lied to. I paid with Paypal. I want my £190 back!

Has anyone else had problems getting refunded by Funstock?

I have had nothing but good experiences with them but I must admit this is beginning to sour my experience.
Last edited by AceGrace on Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Antiriad2097

Re: Funstock and refunds

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:10 am

AceGrace wrote:I am beginning to feel like I am being lied to
The company does have a history of doing so to its victims (though they prefer the term 'customers').

Chalk up one more reason I won't shop with them and continue to recommend others avoid them, especially since so many who do shop there do so because allegedly it'll be easier to sort out any issues than dealing with a reputable overseas company.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

RetroAerosmith

Post by RetroAerosmith » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:15 am

I bought a Dingoo A330 from them over a year ago, long story short they retweeted a picture id sent them on my birthday of said dingoo.

Last month or so i found the dingoos battery had exploded and pushed the casing apart. I tweeted a picture in case it happened to others and included @funstock. They replied stating it couldnt have been their stock as theyd withdrawn them years ago.

I asked when exactly theyd withdrawn them, no reply.

Grizzly

Post by Grizzly » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:18 am

AceGrace wrote:Has anyone had any problems or got the runaround from Funstock when asking for refunds?

I ordered a GPD XD 64gb on the 29th February. It was out of stock, due March 14th at the time.

That date came and went and just before Easter I was told the stock had landed in the country but due to Easter bank holidays, my order would be processed after.

Last week got an email saying that the stock was now due at the end of April.I decided to ask for a refund as I couldn't wait anymore.

I got told that I would have my money back on Tuesday this week due to system problems etc..

Nothing happened on Tuesday so chased and got told it would be Wednesday. Did not receive my refund yesterday as promised and have chased again.

I am beginning to feel like I am being lied to. I paid with Paypal. I want my £190 back!

I have had nothing but good experiences with them but I must admit this is beginning to sour my experience.
you are within your rights to claim back the money through paypal. As they have not got a proof of postage you can submit a claim. Make sure you do it soon as i beleive the ability to do so runs out
I write for...
Check us out for news, reviews and features on the blackest of consoles.Image

andyfunstock

Post by andyfunstock » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:55 pm

AceGrace wrote:Has anyone had any problems or got the runaround from Funstock when asking for refunds?

Hi,
Firstly, thank you for including your previous good experiences. I would hate for this to switch you off from purchasing from us in future.

Now, more importantly, I want to resolve this for you. Please drop me an email to andy@funstock.co.uk and I'll take care of this personally.

Andy
General Manager at http://www.funstock.co.uk

andyfunstock

Post by andyfunstock » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:06 pm

RetroAerosmith wrote:I bought a Dingoo A330 from them over a year ago, long story short they retweeted a picture id sent them on my birthday of said dingoo.

Last month or so i found the dingoos battery had exploded and pushed the casing apart. I tweeted a picture in case it happened to others and included @funstock. They replied stating it couldnt have been their stock as theyd withdrawn them years ago.

Hi,
Sorry that nobody replied to your tweet - I remember seeing the original one, but not the reply.

It looks like the last one was in 2014. So it was well over a year since we sold them and possibly 2 years depending which month we stopped.

I'm sorry to hear about the battery. We would have been happy to provide a full refund if it was within the last 12 months, even though we don't stock them any more.
If it was something that was still being made we would even consider (and usually do) helping out outside the warranty period too.

Thank you
Andy
General Manager at http://www.funstock.co.uk

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:31 pm

RetroAerosmith wrote:I bought a Dingoo A330 from them over a year ago, long story short they retweeted a picture id sent them on my birthday of said dingoo.

Same happened to my Dingo :cry:

My other half got me Neo Geo X for Xmas last year. Just stopped working at all when plugged into the base unit. So she emailed them several times and eventually got a response telling her to send it back and they would replace it. Never gave an address though, so she replied several times asking where to send it back to and never got a reply. She gave up in the end :cry:

RetroAerosmith

Post by RetroAerosmith » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:26 pm

andyfunstock wrote:

Hi,
Sorry that nobody replied to your tweet - I remember seeing the original one, but not the reply.

It looks like the last one was in 2014. So it was well over a year since we sold them and possibly 2 years depending which month we stopped.

I'm sorry to hear about the battery. We would have been happy to provide a full refund if it was within the last 12 months, even though we don't stock them any more.
If it was something that was still being made we would even consider (and usually do) helping out outside the warranty period too.

Thank you
Andy

It was received for my birthday in August 2014, worked fine though fiddly at first. Ive no idea how or why the battery would have imploded like that....it was february this year that it basically went pfffft.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:10 am

Why is it when Andy drops into these threads, I think of Harvey Keitel in Pulp Fiction?
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

AceGrace

Post by AceGrace » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:51 am

Andy,

Sorry for the late reply.

Dennis has sorted it. I am just waiting for Paypal to clear the funds.

It won't sour my experience but in future I will only order items that are still in stock.

Cheers

ReplayRetro

Post by ReplayRetro » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:12 pm

I've bought from funstock a couple of times without problem but on my last order i had problems and their "customer service" was absolutely dire, so much so that i definitely won't buy from them again. I still use them as a website to see what cool stuff is coming out but i look elsewhere to actually buy it.
The daft thing is i actually paid more for an item from them because i thought they were a better company with good service so things would be smoother, how wrong i sadly was.
Visit www.youtube.com/replayretro . why? well erm, cos it would be awfully friendly of you to take a look i guess, you don't have to though, nobody will make you *sob sob*

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:06 pm

Hurrah, at least one victim has seen the light :lol:

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:09 pm

We need a guy in a suit representing Funstock to address these issues forthwith!

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:33 pm

Maybe we could just get a mod to delete all the bad comments, it's what Funstock would do anyway instead of actually addressing them.

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:00 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:Why is it when Andy drops into these threads, I think of Harvey Keitel in Pulp Fiction?
Heh, see also: Harvey Keitel in The Assassin.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.