New Indiana Jones - 2019

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

The Beans

New Indiana Jones - 2019

Post by The Beans » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:29 pm

With Harrison Ford, apparently.
I expect it's going to be set in an old folks home and features an epic battle against evil people who keep giving him soup for dinner.

The last Indy film was pish and Ford looked about a hundred in it. Nearly as bad as the last couple of Bond films with Moore but not quite as bad as the stuff Steven Seagall has put out in recent times.

I'm still hoping it's a hoax.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

the_hawk

Re: New Indiana Jones - 2019

Post by the_hawk » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:55 pm

Crystal Skull was appalling, a complete waste of everybody's time.

Would work if he was handing over the reigns to a younger adventurer or something I suppose.
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:44 pm

the_hawk wrote:Crystal Skull was appalling, a complete waste of everybody's time.

Would work if he was handing over the reigns to a younger adventurer or something I suppose.
Which is what he should have done at the end of Crystal Skull... he had a great opportunity to do so. One can only hope it's Indy in the rols of Sean Connery a la Last Crusade.

Harrison Ford himself actually wasn't too bad in CS, but the story itself was awful. Why they didn't use the brilliant Fate of Atlantis script I'll never know.
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

Mancman

Post by Mancman » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:51 pm

paranoid marvin wrote:
the_hawk wrote:Crystal Skull was appalling, a complete waste of everybody's time.

Which is what he should have done at the end of Crystal Skull... he had a great opportunity to do so. One can only hope it's Indy in the rols of Sean Connery a la Last Crusade.

Harrison Ford himself actually wasn't too bad in CS, but the story itself was awful. Why they didn't use the brilliant Fate of Atlantis script I'll never know.
If that was the case we would have Shia LeBeof (yes, i had to Google spelling) as our new Dr Jones and nobody wanted that.

I call Chris Pratt as the natural best option.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:01 pm

Surely the new film will be a 'handover' style film. Ford will be 77 once this new film comes out so i can imagine it'll be him in his chair talking about past adventures then it cuts to a new young actor or something.

Its a great franchise, time to pass the baton on though for sure

ALK

Post by ALK » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:25 pm

Fond seemed more into the role as Han in The Force Awakens then as Jonesy in CS so I dunno, maybe working for Disney money will wake up the Dr Jones inside of him.

On the plus side, no Lucas so perhaps a half decent story this time?
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

sscott

Post by sscott » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:35 pm

Chris Pratt I could definitely see as the person to take over, would love that, right amount of goofiness and charm, I think.

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:42 pm

He'll probably get stabbed by his son Kylo Jones on a bridge.
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

Bluce_Ree

Post by Bluce_Ree » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:27 am

Chris Pratt for me has sort of become unwatchable.

Not sure why they are even bothering with this series anymore.

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:12 am

If Sleepy TheBeef has anything to do with this film I may have to kill all involved. That is all.

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:15 am

Bluce_Ree wrote:Chris Pratt for me has sort of become unwatchable.

Not sure why they are even bothering with this series anymore.
Because of $$$. It only needs to be reasonably passable and it will make hundreds of millions of dollars.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:34 am

I'm probably one of the few that thought Crystal Skull was alright. It got stupid at the end with the aliens and a conclusion I didn't really understand but up until that point I thought it was quite entertaining, especially that multi-vehicle chase along the cliff. Seem to remember the Russian villainess was a bit of alright too :wink:

A lot of the old-school action guys are still going though. Stallone and Arnie are still defying their age (Arnie is apparently doing a new Conan!) and Harrison Ford was obviously in Star Wars and The Expendables III in recent years. I do think we enjoy the presence of these actors on-screen no matter their age, even if we often deny it.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:15 am

Megamixer wrote:
A lot of the old-school action guys are still going though. Stallone and Arnie are still defying their age (Arnie is apparently doing a new Conan!) and Harrison Ford was obviously in Star Wars and The Expendables III in recent years. I do think we enjoy the presence of these actors on-screen no matter their age, even if we often deny it.
Exactly, why should we be ageist about it? If they want to continue acting and they have a script for it, then why not. Its not like they can't adapt a role for ageing action heroes (no one expects Harrison Ford to be sprinting about like a loon....we expect him now to moan about his hips etc).

They can even attempt to beat the ageing process with technology, like in Tron Legacy and the "young" Jeff Bridges! That wasn't bad considering it was using 2010 tech, looked fairly convincing...

flying_delorean81

Post by flying_delorean81 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:40 am

2019 is a long way away, let's just keep our fingers crossed that this gets cancelled. Nothing to do with ageism for me, my reservations are more based on the overall crapness of the last film. The horrible sheen of CGI just seemed to cover everything in it, like with the Star Wars prequels.

I'm guessing they decided the "passing of the torch" to Shia LaBeef is best forgotten - I didn't notice his name in this announcement at all?
My Instagram: @caveofpixels
My Facebook: THE CAVE OF PIXELS
My Tumblr: THE CAVE OF PIXELS
My DeviantART page: caveofpixels.deviantart.com

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:40 am

They did the same for Michael Douglas in Ant Man. So good I didn't really think about it until we saw him looking old later in the movie.

I liked Crystal Skull right up until the introduction of aliens. They just seemed out of place with the series which had previously focused on historical bad guys and mysticism. Aliens was just a step too far, it didn't ring true to the old action serials of the 30s and 40s. This isn't Flash Gordon.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.