RIP <Insert celebrity>

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

silvergunner

Re: RIP <Insert celebrity>

Post by silvergunner » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:23 pm

Carrie had a hell of a sense of humour. Loved watching any interviews she did in recent years.

She at least got to finish her parts for the next Star Wars film but they will need redo the script for the next film as she was due to be in that one as well.

She will be sadly missed.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:30 am

What a horrible way to end the year, feels like there'll be more to come though

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:27 am

silvergunner wrote:they will need redo the script for the next film as she was due to be in that one as well.
Have you seen Rogue One? Perhaps not.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:46 am

Sel Feena wrote:What a horrible way to end the year, feels like there'll be more to come though
I'm pretty sure that upon sunrise on January 1st 2017, the living celebrities of this world will breathe a collective sigh of relief that they made it! However, I suspect 2017 will be just as awful in terms of death toll in their profession/field.

This thread will continue to "thrive", and Beans will get just as irked about people commenting about it. Life goes on though...unless of course, it doesn't. :P

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:05 pm

I don't go in for all the public displays of weeping and wailing like there was for Diana, but yeah of course it's a blow when an artist or celeb you like moves on. If only because it reminds you that you're on the same conveyer belt of death :shock:

crusto

Post by crusto » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:44 am

Debbie Reynolds joins her daughter, aged 84. Wow, still 3 days to go - room for plenty more yet.

Eat your nans pants

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:20 am

Sephiroth81 wrote:
Sel Feena wrote:What a horrible way to end the year, feels like there'll be more to come though
I'm pretty sure that upon sunrise on January 1st 2017, the living celebrities of this world will breathe a collective sigh of relief that they made it! However, I suspect 2017 will be just as awful in terms of death toll in their profession/field.

This thread will continue to "thrive", and Beans will get just as irked about people commenting about it. Life goes on though...unless of course, it doesn't. :P
In truth, this thread is pretty mild compared to the histrionic fake grief on display elsewhere and there's not much in the way of ridiculous retconning of people's lives in here either. And nothing's as bad as the move towards sainthood of Jo Cox, who obviously would have cured cancer with her natural goodness had she lived.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:30 am

in death some peoples deeds come out

Picture related

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:49 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:
silvergunner wrote:they will need redo the script for the next film as she was due to be in that one as well.
Nope not seen it yet. A CGI replacement for a huge amount of the film would just look wrong if that's what you are maybe referencing? Maybe a very small part they could get away with it without it looking to crazy.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:11 am

The problem is with CGi in Sci-fi films is the type of person that goes to see them can spot it

Could always do what they did with Spock/Nimoy in the last trek film

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:35 am

DPrinny wrote:The problem is with CGi in Sci-fi films is the type of person that goes to see them can spot it

Could always do what they did with Spock/Nimoy in the last trek film
What they managed in terminator was great, but that took years to do with still images from every Schwarzenegger film that had been made.

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:10 am

crusto wrote:Debbie Reynolds joins her daughter, aged 84. Wow, still 3 days to go - room for plenty more yet.
Died of grief, apparently. How's that for overreacting to a celebs' death! :wink:

But seriously, it must be a tough time for the family. :(

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:47 am

silvergunner wrote:
Antiriad2097 wrote:
Nope not seen it yet. A CGI replacement for a huge amount of the film would just look wrong if that's what you are maybe referencing? Maybe a very small part they could get away with it without it looking to crazy.
She was hardly in Episode 7, I reckon they'll have enough footage, body doubles and CGI work to get her into episode 9 if needed for the brief part she plays. Unless of course she was intended to be a big part of the Kylo Ren plot further in.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:34 pm

Saw Kanye West trending and got my hopes up

Sputryk

Post by Sputryk » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:50 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:
silvergunner wrote:
Antiriad2097 wrote:Have you seen Rogue One? Perhaps not.
She was hardly in Episode 7, I reckon they'll have enough footage, body doubles and CGI work to get her into episode 9 if needed for the brief part she plays. Unless of course she was intended to be a big part of the Kylo Ren plot further in.
Not seen any Star Wars other than the initial, classic trilogy. Nonetheless, I do hear the rumour that Peter Cushing could be up for an Oscar for his portrayal of Grand Moff in the last instalment, despite being dead for 22 years prior to scripting/casting/filming. So if he is convincing enough - and, if true about the Oscar, is in the film for sufficiently long enough to qualify for nomination - then I think fleeting(ish) appearances by Leia would be a relatively straightforward matter.