Formula 1 2016 thread

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

silvergunner

Re: Formula 1 2016 thread

Post by silvergunner » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:16 pm

Yep read this earlier and was very shocked. The last three years for Nico were massive battles and now being a family man it's clear he wants out.

He will race again as it's in his blood but what racing series he comes back to remains to be seen.

Next year will be fascinating as we just don't know which car will be best and who will get that Merc seat? I can see some major fighting for it. I would like to see Max there and upset the apple cart but he will remain at Red Bull as I think they will be even stronger.

I also think he will stay because of the faith the team have shown in him.

Bring on next year already please.

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:19 pm

We blow me down. Looks like Massa might not be gone after all and Bottas is probably off to grab a Merc seat.

Hmmm is Bottas good enough? Or is this Mercedes just wanting a number two instead of two number ones always bumping heads?

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:13 am

silvergunner wrote:We blow me down. Looks like Massa might not be gone after all and Bottas is probably off to grab a Merc seat.

Hmmm is Bottas good enough? Or is this Mercedes just wanting a number two instead of two number ones always bumping heads?
Let's put it this way - if it is Bottas, I hope he's just keeping the seat warm until they find a worthy driver.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:21 pm

theantmeister wrote:
silvergunner wrote:We blow me down. Looks like Massa might not be gone after all and Bottas is probably off to grab a Merc seat.

Let's put it this way - if it is Bottas, I hope he's just keeping the seat warm until they find a worthy driver.
Bottas might surprise us. He was mega in 2014 I thought and this year's car wasn't exactly the best for either driver to shine in. I'm not personally writing him off until we see what he's like in a Merc.

Still, it would be nice to see Massa for one more season :) . Williams need some experience alongside their new rookie so there's no other option really.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:42 pm

HALLELUJAH, HALLE-BLOODY-LUJAH! HE'S GONE! BERNIE'S GONE!

The takeover's gone through, F1 may just have a future worth bothering with. I could even get interested again... although that would have to allow for a renegotiation of the TV deal so I can see at least the majority of races for free.

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:55 pm

Liamh1982 wrote:HALLELUJAH, HALLE-BLOODY-LUJAH! HE'S GONE! BERNIE'S GONE!

The takeover's gone through, F1 may just have a future worth bothering with. I could even get interested again... although that would have to allow for a renegotiation of the TV deal so I can see at least the majority of races for free.
Races for free!!! I think that even more unlikely now. Probably see Sky get to the end of the current deal and the new owners do their own pay per view.

BUT on a plus side, if rumour is correct, Ross Brawn will be the new man.

And even more positive is Ferrari may lose their automatic 100million for just turning up and a fairer way of sharing the dosh out worked out (although that wont happen until at least 2020.

Now, if there was some even more dreamy news - I'd like to hear Ron Dennis is buying Manor - but I think it's just me being silly :lol:
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:06 am

markopoloman wrote:Now, if there was some even more dreamy news - I'd like to hear Ron Dennis is buying Manor - but I think it's just me being silly :lol:
And brought back Ross Brawn and Jenson Button. :lol: