The great big RG weight loss thread

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

thingonaspring

Re: The great big RG weight loss thread

Post by thingonaspring » Fri May 13, 2016 3:58 am

that's really good, stick with it!

i went the other way, didn't start properly until recently. :oops:
have lost around half a stone now. hope to keep it up!

dste

Post by dste » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:45 pm

Well I signed up for the gym and have been going for the past couple of weeks. Was hard at first as haven't been for about four years but am slowly getting into it and keep incorporating more stuff. Saturday gone I added weights.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:00 pm

I have been doin the whole weight loss thing properly now
(Old photo added more since)

Salads a lot (with meat or boiled spuds)
More DDP YRG
Cycling more
No sugar
No sweetner
Green tea
Red top milk
No fizzy crap

THE WEIGHT IS GOING!!
I am currently wearing jeans ive never really been comfortable in and I have room to move, new tighter notch on the belt, but even that ones getting loose

Still got a bit of a tummy, but its going away

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:42 pm

Holidays over, returning to this again. Went to the gym last night. Set up the Wii tonight for our weigh ins. Pleased that my weight is only up 2 pounds since last using it, I expected more.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:40 pm

Not really done anything since this all began (except for a few non-starters!)

But I've been SO busy with my new pub that I've lost just under a stone in 3 weeks! It is noticeable too. Done through 12 to 16 hour days without breaks and not much to eat during or after work. I actually feel much better too :D
Probably not the healthiest way to lose weight, but it seems to be working nicely. You never know... in 3 months time I could go from 16st to 10st (and look very ill :lol: )
Between 12st & 13st is my target though.
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:46 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:Holidays over, returning to this again. Went to the gym last night. Set up the Wii tonight for our weigh ins. Pleased that my weight is only up 2 pounds since last using it, I expected more.
Weighed myself a few years back was close to 20 stone
Did a few weeks back and was 15

Ive also gotten shorter, was 6'2, now 6

Must be all that carrying heavy gear up and down stairs at The Lass/fab Cafe and various events

thingonaspring

Post by thingonaspring » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:31 am

I'm back on track :D Lost just over a stone before, then went on holiday and put on a couple of pounds. Now at a total weight loss of just under 1.5 stone since starting. still a long way to go though.

sscott

Post by sscott » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:10 pm

Never been overweight but lost half a stone recently as my ankylosing spondylitis restricts my ability to exercise however doing some light training and stretching which has improved muscle tone plus a physio wife helps!

flying_delorean81

Post by flying_delorean81 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:44 am

The wife and I returned from a 2 week holiday to America feeling fat and out of shape, having spent the whole time eating like Americans. We were both the heaviest we'd ever been, and while neither of us were overweight as such, we weren't happy with our weights.

Our friends in the USA recommended the 5 - 2 diet, which consists of 5 days of eating normally and 2 days of fasting per week. On the fasting days she's allowed 500 calories and I'm allowed 600, so it's not that bad if you spread the calories out over the day. We have fruit/salads in the day and a smoothie in the evening. It hasn't been as painful as I expected, I don't get very hungry on fast days anymore as I don't think my body expects food as regularly now.

Anyway, we've been doing it for about 7 weeks now, I was 182lb to start with and I've lost over 16lb and wifey has lost about 9lb. To be fair, I had more to lose than her, and have had more time to go running (I've done 13 miles each week since we started this thing).
My Instagram: @caveofpixels
My Facebook: THE CAVE OF PIXELS
My Tumblr: THE CAVE OF PIXELS
My DeviantART page: caveofpixels.deviantart.com

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:34 am

Need to weigh my self again

I feel in the best shape ive been in in years, back to bounding up stairs two at a time without getting out of breath, cycling is now too easy

Being ill over the previous few months just seemed to of make me want to improve myself

Only downside is now im going to have to buy a size smaller clothes...............

A smaller belt is first as its getting tiresome having to pull my pants up

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:41 am

Well done Dprinny, good to see you're feeling the benefits.

I've lost half a stone in the last 3 weeks!

Down to 11st 5lbs, another stone to go before I'm a decent weight for my size. Belt is a notch tighter, but still got a little bit of belly and love handles to go. Weight loss is slowing down to a pound a week now after the first big drop in week 1.

Just been eating sensibly and going to the gym for an hour a day. Dropping some TV or movies onto the phone/tablet to watch while on the machines passes the time much better than just music or podcasts.

Finally got round to watching 'Pumping Iron' this week at the gym, seemed appropriate, though I'm not doing weights.
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:14 am

Antiriad2097 wrote: Just been eating sensibly and going to the gym for an hour a day. Dropping some TV or movies onto the phone/tablet to watch while on the machines passes the time much better than just music or podcasts.

Finally got round to watching 'Pumping Iron' this week at the gym, seemed appropriate, though I'm not doing weights.
No gym for me, all of it has to be stuff I can do round teh flat due to money reasions

No MMA place near by though.......

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:31 am

Lost 2 stone since March. Eating (and drinking) less, exercising more.
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

dste

Post by dste » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:27 pm

Got back to the gym tonight after a three week absence (thought it had only been two).

Have put weight on and I know it as been eating crap at work with it being so busy. Cut right down on the crap today and then headed for the exercise.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:41 am

Much the same, not been to the gym for a couple of weeks as I've been busy, put on 2 pounds. Mrs Ant testing birthday cake bakes on me is largely to blame.