The great big RG weight loss thread

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

Post Reply
User avatar
David
Posts: 3858
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:05 am

The great big RG weight loss thread

Post by David » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:03 pm

I know this may come as a great shock, but i am not the sauve james bond type you all think i am, but am actually a great big fatty boom boom.

As i am going on holiday abroad in May for the first time in about 8 years i have decide to not be a big blubberbus anymore (sterotype january weight loss alert!)

I think cutting out fizzy drinks will probably be the biggest help. I dont like tea or coffee and have been drinking mainly fizzy juice since i was a kid.

Any other forum fatties? Join me in a miserable quest! A quest to not die soon, and to no longer look like a hot air balloon with a face.

Please feel free to answer any of my future forum posts with fatty bullying insults to motivate me.

User avatar
Sephiroth81
Posts: 4560
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:35 pm

Re: The great big RG weight loss thread

Post by Sephiroth81 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:13 pm

David wrote:I know this may come as a great shock, but i am not the sauve james bond type you all think i am, but am actually a great big fatty boom boom.

As i am going on holiday abroad in May for the first time in about 8 years i have decide to not be a big blubberbus anymore (sterotype january weight loss alert!)

I think cutting out fizzy drinks will probably be the biggest help. I dont like tea or coffee and have been drinking mainly fizzy juice since i was a kid.

Any other forum fatties? Join me in a miserable quest! A quest to not die soon, and to no longer look like a hot air balloon with a face.

Please feel free to answer any of my future forum posts with fatty bullying insults to motivate me.
I have every sympathy for people who struggle with weight issues, but I have to say, I love that expression "fatty boom boom". :D

But you're on the right track though with the fizzy drinks. Replacing every drink with water, and drink it like its going out of fashion will suppress your appetite and apparently icey cold water is also good for the metabolism. Also, avoid the "diet" versions of these fizzy drinks as well. Dropping a lime or lemon in it can make it taste a bit more interesting....but it will be tricky if you're so used to sugar.

Good luck in this. I'm going to cut down on sugar after consuming more sugar than normal in the winter months. I suspect this will shed a few pounds.

User avatar
aztecca
Posts: 5216
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:18 pm
Location: http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

Re: The great big RG weight loss thread

Post by aztecca » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:51 pm

David wrote:

Please feel free to answer any of my future forum posts with fatty bullying insults to motivate me.

Perhaps changing your rather misleading Bannaman avatar for a start.I would suggest maybe e.honda or the stay puft marshmellow man to keep it retro. :wink:
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

User avatar
David
Posts: 3858
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:05 am

Re: The great big RG weight loss thread

Post by David » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:00 pm

Thats the spirit :lol:

User avatar
stvd
Posts: 5137
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:51 pm
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Re: The great big RG weight loss thread

Post by stvd » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:02 pm

Instead of deep frying everything, why not try shallow frying instead. Fatso.

Or...courtesy of Viz.
Lose weight quickly by eating raw pork or rancid tuna. I found that the subsequent food poisoning/diarrhea enabled me to lose 12 pounds in only 2 days.

:wink:
Image

User avatar
David
Posts: 3858
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:05 am

Re: The great big RG weight loss thread

Post by David » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:09 pm

Haha

My shifts dont help either, starting at 3am or finishing at 2am and the like,

My start and finish time is different every day and is completely random (tomorrow is 06:23 book on time) so its hard to get a routine going

User avatar
aztecca
Posts: 5216
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:18 pm
Location: http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

Re: The great big RG weight loss thread

Post by aztecca » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:35 pm

My doc prescribed me orlistat a few years back and the weight dropped off.I lost 3 n half stone In a few months.The only thing is make sure you are near a toilet at all times.Dont fart else you will cack yourself and be prepared for shites that are like oilslicks with jelly lumps in them.They basically stop any fat in the food you eat being absorbed into your body you just crap stuff straight out.Great quick fix to lose weight for a holiday and get toned up for your budgie smugglers.
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

User avatar
dste
Posts: 7080
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:55 pm
Location: Northumberland

Re: The great big RG weight loss thread

Post by dste » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:20 pm

I'm about three stone over weight and am back on the kick to lose it.

I have a sweet tooth and pretty much munch on something chocolate or cake related every day. I've knocked that on the head and at the start will probably have something nice like that once or twice a week. I'm going to spend the next couple of weeks changing what I eat and my habits before getting back on the cross trainer that we have.

When I was doing this back in July/August I was doing really well so I'm aiming to just as good again.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

User avatar
markopoloman
Posts: 11657
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:03 am
Location: Poole, Dorset

Re: The great big RG weight loss thread

Post by markopoloman » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:41 am

I really need to lose around 3 stone and 'it's the thought that counts' is really not working :lol:

Diet is really the only option I have a the mo so need to devise something that is good for shift work (like David the fatty boom boom).
My main problem is not eating proper meals and relying on snacking on the wrong types of food.

So, 16st down to 13st is the target. Feck knows how I'm going to achieve it :lol:
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

User avatar
TheDude18
Posts: 1858
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:13 pm
Location: South Wales

Re: The great big RG weight loss thread

Post by TheDude18 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:01 am

Until my mid 30s I was quite fit. Never watch what I was eating, but did plenty of exercise (never a gym monkey though) just cycling, running, rugby and so on. But between getting older, body struggling to keep up and the op on my knee two years ago which has severely restricted any exercise , the pounds have crept up. I think I'm around a stone and a half too heavy at the moment. Although I hardly drink any more, I am rather partial to sweet things.

I've just started walking during my lunch break in work but this poxy weather isn't helping.

Sounds like us fatty boom booms need some sort of uniformed goal on here. Like a retro slimming world or something :D
Image

User avatar
Sephiroth81
Posts: 4560
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:35 pm

Re: The great big RG weight loss thread

Post by Sephiroth81 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:38 pm

Black coffee and green tea are both good for weight loss - and obviously no sugar.

To the fatty boom booms that add even just a teaspoon of sugar to your coffee (and milk) - eliminating both doesn't ruin the drink at all! You get used to it quickly, I ditched adding milk years ago, and sugar not long after and when someone now accidentally adds a sugar if they're making me a drink, i spit it out....in their face, and call them an arsehole for their incompetence.

But essentially it turns a 50+ calorie drink into a zero calorie drink. And green tea and black coffee also are mean't to stimulate your metabolism as well, so another bonus.

Edit : A mug of instant coffee with semi skimmed milk and one sugar is 51 calories, and contains 0.7g of fat. Take away the milk and sugar and its fat free and 1 calorie. Source : https://www.nutracheck.co.uk/calories/c ... lk_1_sugar

So if you're having 3 mugs a day, it would wipe out 150 calories and 2g of fat. Every little helps (i hate tesco for monopolising that expression).

AceGrace
Posts: 1326
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:51 pm
Location: West Sussex

Re: The great big RG weight loss thread

Post by AceGrace » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:10 pm

I think I can out fat you all.

I am 19st. Ideal weight is meant to be 10.5!!!! :cry:

I probably need to lose about 6 stone.

I work from home as a software developer and eat the wrong food.

It would be really good if we can all start encouraging each other.

User avatar
markopoloman
Posts: 11657
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:03 am
Location: Poole, Dorset

Re: The great big RG weight loss thread

Post by markopoloman » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:23 pm

Sephiroth81 wrote:Black coffee and green tea are both good for weight loss - and obviously no sugar.

To the fatty boom booms that add even just a teaspoon of sugar to your coffee (and milk) - eliminating both doesn't ruin the drink at all! You get used to it quickly, I ditched adding milk years ago, and sugar not long after and when someone now accidentally adds a sugar if they're making me a drink, i spit it out....in their face, and call them an arsehole for their incompetence.

But essentially it turns a 50+ calorie drink into a zero calorie drink. And green tea and black coffee also are mean't to stimulate your metabolism as well, so another bonus.

Edit : A mug of instant coffee with semi skimmed milk and one sugar is 51 calories, and contains 0.7g of fat. Take away the milk and sugar and its fat free and 1 calorie. Source : https://www.nutracheck.co.uk/calories/c ... lk_1_sugar

So if you're having 3 mugs a day, it would wipe out 150 calories and 2g of fat. Every little helps (i hate tesco for monopolising that expression).
Well, there we go... Just by reading that I am now going to have a go at cutting out milk & sugar in my coffee. I don't mind black coffee anyway - just seems normal to have milk. I know it is going to taste horrible to start with....
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

User avatar
Sephiroth81
Posts: 4560
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:35 pm

Re: The great big RG weight loss thread

Post by Sephiroth81 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:31 pm

markopoloman wrote:
Well, there we go... Just by reading that I am now going to have a go at cutting out milk & sugar in my coffee. I don't mind black coffee anyway - just seems normal to have milk. I know it is going to taste horrible to start with....
Its an adjustment but doesn't take too long to get used to, but as you say, there is nothing wrong with the taste of black coffee, it kind of feels the "natural" way to do it. I used to drink "builders" tea, but I just can't drink that stuff without milk, so instead just ditched it altogether and went with green tea (and other herbal teas which would be weird to add milk/sugar into).

Its perhaps not a good idea to dunk 5 milk chocolate digestive biscuits into it to compensate for lack of sugar/milk either!

AceGrace
Posts: 1326
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:51 pm
Location: West Sussex

Re: The great big RG weight loss thread

Post by AceGrace » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:32 pm

What about skimmed milk and no sugar in coffee. How many calories is that?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests