The Hateful 8 trailer(Tarantino's new film)

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

gman72

Re: The Hateful 8 trailer(Tarantino's new film)

Post by gman72 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:07 am

I've seen it... it was good... not his best but it was an interesting film. In a way it reminded me of an Agatha Christie type whodunit, all the players assembled in a room and we slowly work out who is doing what and their motivation is. Like I say, it was good, at nearly three hours it was long and 90 percent of it is all in one room but it was well acted and had a few gory moments too.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:02 am

gman72 wrote:I've seen it... it was good... not his best but it was an interesting film. In a way it reminded me of an Agatha Christie type whodunit, all the players assembled in a room and we slowly work out who is doing what and their motivation is. Like I say, it was good, at nearly three hours it was long and 90 percent of it is all in one room but it was well acted and had a few gory moments too.
Cheers for this, Gman. I might get around to seeing it soon. From most of the reviews that I have read, it seems that most people think it's okay, overlong and a little overindulgent. Good, but not QT's top tier.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:49 am

Katzkatz wrote:okay, overlong and a little overindulgent
As expected then, since this applies to most Tarantino movies.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:24 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:
Katzkatz wrote:okay, overlong and a little overindulgent
As expected then, since this applies to most Tarantino movies.
Yes, Antiriad - I do agree, especially his recent output. He needs someone to rein him in - maybe, having a co-writer(like Roger Avary on Pulp Fiction) would help. Anyway, I'm going to see the 70 mm showing next week.

sirclive1

Post by sirclive1 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:44 am

Katzkatz wrote:
gman72 wrote:I've seen it... it was good... not his best but it was an interesting film. In a way it reminded me of an Agatha Christie type whodunit, all the players assembled in a room and we slowly work out who is doing what and their motivation is. Like I say, it was good, at nearly three hours it was long and 90 percent of it is all in one room but it was well acted and had a few gory moments too.
Cheers for this, Gman. I might get around to seeing it soon. From most of the reviews that I have read, it seems that most people think it's okay, overlong and a little overindulgent. Good, but not QT's top tier.
90% > :lol:
Luxor the moonprince - Doomguard Slayer

funkykong

Post by funkykong » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:51 am

Think I'll just wait for DVD for this, doesn't look so exciting. But worth checking out! Fav Tarantino movie is Basterds for sure!

thingonaspring

Post by thingonaspring » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:00 am

There's a bit of an argument going on about how they "accidentally" smashed a 140 year old vintage guitar in one of the scenes. Was supposed to be a prop/replica but nobody told Kurt Russell he was supposed to switch first...
http://www.geek.com/news/priceless-140- ... t-1646562/