The Hateful 8 trailer(Tarantino's new film)

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

The Hateful 8 trailer(Tarantino's new film)

Post by Katzkatz » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:16 am

It's Mr. Tarantino's upcoming new film. Set just after the civil war - some bounty hunters take shelter from a blizzard, and then they break out the jelly, panda pops and boardgames - nah, it's a Tarantino movie for ****'s sake! Wall-to-wall violence and swearing. It's sort of meant to be a winter Western.

Anyway, he's making a big thing about it being shown in 70 mm film(where available). They'll be an extra 6 minutes of footage, as well as things like an overture at the beginning and an interval in the middle(the extended version is 3 hours and 2 minutes). It's also being shown in bog standard digital, but without the extra footage.

Here's the trailer :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnRbXn4-Yis

Are you looking forward to it? I know that he sometimes can be a bit hit-and-miss - I didn't like the Kill Bill films that much.

gman72

Re: The Hateful 8 trailer(Tarantino's new film)

Post by gman72 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:33 am

This looks decent. I'm a fan of Quentin's output so can't wait for this. Death Proof was his worst movie... Django the best IMO :D
Last edited by gman72 on Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:38 am

Big fan of tarantinos. Looking forward to this

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:38 am

I'd like to see this, I do like the odd western, but I don't know if I'll see it at the flicks though.
Splink!

sscott

Post by sscott » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:37 am

Think I'll see it at the cinema, first film of his with an original score too, no '70s stuff!

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:55 pm

Frankly anything with Jackson and Russell playing badasses I'm up for watching it big time.

Katzkatz

Post by Katzkatz » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:04 am

Anyone planning on viewing it in 70 mm(the list for the UK venues has yet to be announced)? I was thinking, it might be novel - as nowadays what with Netflix, Sky, Amazon etc. for your film viewing - it might get people back into cinemas - putting back some of the mystique.

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:28 am

From what I've read there's 1 place in london showing it in 70mm, if that's the case then it's not quite what I'd call a successful experiment.
Splink!

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:47 am

With his track record, I'll wait until its on cut price DVD, since it's 50/50 whether I like his movies. It'll probably be too long, with too much talking, but might be entertaining. With a western theme it has an edge for me, so it might be one of the 50% I like. But I imagine a 'one watch' movie rather than a new favourite.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Katzkatz

Post by Katzkatz » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:21 am

felgekarp wrote:From what I've read there's 1 place in london showing it in 70mm, if that's the case then it's not quite what I'd call a successful experiment.
Yep - at the moment, it's the Odeon Leicester Square. Although, it's rare for 70 mm projectors to still be in use - there are a few other places around the country that can do it. It looks like the film company is only supplying one 70 mm film print for the UK though.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:48 pm

Will likely watch this at the cinema and I rarely bother going these days but this looks like a great Tarantino film. This and Star Wars will get me going to the local Odeon twice in succession which will be a rarity!
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:14 pm

My old man says he'll go and see it with me as he likes Tarantino's stuff, we're not going all the way to London to see it though :lol:
Splink!

sscott

Post by sscott » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:52 am

I do worry with what looks like one main setting there will be a bucket load of dialogue and red herrings followed by a massive shoot out! Still could have been the last trailer for Batman vs Superman where I'm pretty sure I've seen the whole plot, what's up with that??

Katzkatz

Post by Katzkatz » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:34 pm

It's a slight worry, that this film could get lost in the wake of the Star Wars avalanche. Plus, there another Western with Leo Di Cappuccino :lol: out at about the same time called The Revenant.

Katzkatz

Post by Katzkatz » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:51 pm

This film is causing Mr. Tarantino a few headaches. It looks like some of the Picturehouse and all of the Curzon and Cineworld cinemas aren't showing it in the UK! Look at the following :-

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/ja ... cturehouse

On the plus side, it is getting another 70 mm viewing experience - the Edinburgh Picturehouse is showing it in 70 mm from February 12th.