Angry At The World

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

PrimalScientist

Angry At The World

Post by PrimalScientist » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:35 pm

I have mentioned a few times about my wife on this forum.
My wife has Alzheimer's Disease and she is declining. She is on certain drugs that are trying to slow it down but this will only work for a certain amount of time. I live in hope of a cure. I really do. She is too young for this disease.

On Wednesday I buried my aunt, just another kick in the teeth.
I am so fed up of this world. I really am.

But when I come here, Retro Gamer at times, it takes my trials away, my heartache. I am so tired of this world.
But sometimes when I read the threads, it takes me to a time when I had no worries and it makes me smile.

It really does.
Its you guys that remind me of fun times, whether it be the ZX Spectrum, the C64 or the Amstrad.
It just brings a smile to my face.

For that, I thank you.

DPrinny

Re: Angry At The World

Post by DPrinny » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:28 am

As some one that was also fed up with the world untill a few months ago I can say
See a therapist/councillor
Stress and that will mess you up

Do things you enjoy, it may be hard to do at times as all you will want to do is lay there and its something that you must avoid

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:46 am

PrimalScientist, sorry to hear your troubles and the sad news about your wifes condition and then the death of your aunt. :(

Pleased to hear the forum makes you feel a little better and reminds you of more positive times (which I am sure will return to you at some point).

dprinny is right, seeing a councillor or therapist may really help you through this difficult time. It is often genuinely therapeutic to talk and share ones problems with someone with a good set of ears and empathy. And if you don't want to pursue that route, you will always have the toilet humour of Retro Gamer Forum to rely on!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:43 am

I got the police looking into the amount of toilet humour

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:49 am

speaking of toilet humour, i particularly recommend not the nine o clock news 'toilet' (which was probably the forerunner of mr bean as a character

Greyfox

Post by Greyfox » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:56 am

Very sorry to hear this Darren, I can try to relate and understand what your going through, it all may appear bleak and desperate at the present, but I'm very sure you have great support and if you need to chat about it, I'm hear to listen. Again I'm very sorry to hear about your wows and your wife's condition and as Dprinny mentioned there is professional help available that can help.

Take care my friend.

Darren.
↓↓Click Link to See More
http://www.greyfoxbooks.com

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:13 am

Yep, seek help and talk about how you are feeling to help you through this difficult time.
Oh and if you want to do little social experiments on our forum don't post about them on your own you plum - Darren@Retro Gamer

pratty

Post by pratty » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:07 am

Sorry to hear about your troubles Primal, hang in there mate.

Talking is good, both to therapists but friends and family too, it will do you good to realsie how many people care about you if you give them the chance to express it by talking to them.

Also take time for yourself and blow off some steam, try to indulge your hobbies as best you can and take pleasure in the small stuff, even if it's just things like your favourite meals or tv show, give yourself little things to look forward to every week.

All the best. :)
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

PrimalScientist

Post by PrimalScientist » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:17 am

Thanks all. Yeah the doctor has recommended this and I will be following it up.

I do enjoy this forum. Some of the comments are so funny.
Makes me smile :)

You are all stars with a common interest!

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:31 am

Sorry to hear about your situation, PrimalScientist. Hopefully, you can find some happiness in these forums, what with the retrogaming stuff - and the memories they bring back. Hey - if you want a giggle - take a look into the "What's your jobbie?" thread - it might be a bit coarse, but it's funny in places! :lol: :lol:

PrimalScientist

Post by PrimalScientist » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:43 am

Katzkatz wrote:Sorry to hear about your situation, PrimalScientist. Hopefully, you can find some happiness in these forums, what with the retrogaming stuff - and the memories they bring back. Hey - if you want a giggle - take a look into the "What's your jobbie?" thread - it might be a bit coarse, but it's funny in places! :lol: :lol:
Thank you - I will!

I will be fine. We all have to sound off sometimes and my time was last night.
Just have to snap out of it lol.

I do love this forum. I don't post a great deal, but the threads are great and takes you away, just for a little while which is nice.
Good people here too. Decent folk.

sscott

Post by sscott » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:59 am

After seeing my wife look after her mum so amazingly until her passing last month, all I can do is be there for her when her grief wells up. Seek whatever support you can, social media, friends, doctors, therapy, ice cream or whatever helps! Take care!